Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 265. (Read 2115876 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Ok its time for some maths - I know a few posters have tried to figure this out but here is my stab. Feel free to point out any mistakes or inaccuracies, lets be constructive and suss this out. EC's will always be one tenth of a cent I believe. So at the current market rate of 2.80 dollars you'll have 2800 EC's per factoid. Now, I believe we started with 8-9 million (lets say 8.5) but obviously its the inflation rate that begins after M3 thats all important, and if I'm right thats set to be 73,000 factoids per months or roughly 880000 per year according to Brian. Now just to keep the number of factoids stable, we would need to use 880000x2800=2.5 billion entry credits per year, or almost 7 million per day. I think its reasonable to say that if you're using more than this, the price has to increase in order to get more entry credits from your factoids. If you use less, then the price must fall.

Now obviously its very early days and speculation is rife, but MalReynolds was estimating a quarter of a million EC's per day. For just that one company. Its plausible but by no means guaranteed that we could have forty companies doing a similar thing, in which case we would have a higher price. Of course its also plausible that some other companies (and there are a few although none are quite as far ahead as factom) will find cheaper ways of anchoring proof of existence into daddy bitcoin's distributed unhackable truth machine.

Thoughts?

You are echoing my own private musings except the number of companies would be 27 not 40 if you think about it.  And I still don't know if a quarter million a day is accurate for the main company we've got.  Somebody was suggesting federated servers could mod the EC / Factoid exchange rate from a fixed 0.001 cent - is this true?  Very bad for Factoid investors if true.

Who knows what future data rates will be.  Nobody - and it's the key to whether owning Factoids is the deal of a lifetime or only fools gold.  There's enough data out there to make us crazy rich that NEEDS to be secured on a blockchain - for example, daily torrents of illegal HFT bids (google the book Flash Boys and the company Nanex).  WILL it get secured?  We'll see.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 614
Liable for what i say, not for what you understand
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Anyone know if Exodus is Trezor compatible?
It is working on compatibility with wallets hardware in your roadmap.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Anyone know if Exodus is Trezor compatible?
Activity: 98
Factom & Exodus wallet partnership
One wallet for factoid? Is good!

Finally user friendly wallet. What kind of security this offers?

BTW, where did u find this. It s not on exodus.io web yet.

I can't find any info on this...

Confidential information for investments (exodus)  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
What is the number of Factoids being reduced per day? Under 10? Under 5?
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
Seems safe with the Exodus-Wallet for Factom:

Nice find! So it looks like the wallet will be the cherry on top of the M2 cake. That's one of the interesting things about Factom ... except for M2 and M3, their pipeline of releases + announcements is almost invisible. The price of so many other cryptos is based more-or-less exclusively on anticipation of future events, and while that's somewhat the case with Factom (M2 + M3), there's the second factor of partnerships, a wallet, contracts, etc., that are in the pipeline for Factom but "invisible" due to NDAs. So with FCT, you're walking around the corner and suddenly: new wallet! Or: new partnership! / contract! A lot of other cryptos would be hyping such news half a year or a year in advance, but FCT keeps you on your toes ...

It makes me wonder what we would see if we could look into Factom Inc's invisible pipeline. The only thing certain is that David Johnston + Paul Snow + Brian Deery light up when talking about things that are in the works, but which they can't publicly reveal. I couldn't find the spot but I recall Johnston beaming when talking ... around ... what the future holds for their relationship with the DHA, for example. Interesting times ahead ...  Smiley

Absolutely agree! And that is something I personally focus on very much: How they speak about Factom. And it's obvious that there is a lot of what they can't speak about yet but they seem excited themselves about the progress. And since they're real professionals who already delivered a lot of proof for that and Factom's general potential in the business-world, I have no doubt that the next months and years won't be boring.

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

Nice find! So it looks like the wallet will be the cherry on top of the M2 cake. That's one of the interesting things about Factom ... except for M2 and M3, their pipeline of releases + announcements is almost invisible. The price of so many other cryptos is based more-or-less exclusively on anticipation of future events, and while that's somewhat the case with Factom (M2 + M3), there's the second factor of partnerships, a wallet, contracts, etc., that are in the pipeline for Factom but "invisible" due to NDAs. So with FCT, you're walking around the corner and suddenly: new wallet! Or: new partnership! / contract! A lot of other cryptos would be hyping such news half a year or a year in advance, but FCT keeps you on your toes ...

It makes me wonder what we would see if we could look into Factom Inc's invisible pipeline. The only thing certain is that David Johnston + Paul Snow + Brian Deery light up when talking about things that are in the works, but which they can't publicly reveal. I couldn't find the spot but I recall Johnston beaming when talking ... around ... what the future holds for their relationship with the DHA, for example. Interesting times ahead ...  Smiley
legendary

legendary
Ok its time for some maths - I know a few posters have tried to figure this out but here is my stab. Feel free to point out any mistakes or inaccuracies, lets be constructive and suss this out. EC's will always be one tenth of a cent I believe. So at the current market rate of 2.80 dollars you'll have 2800 EC's per factoid. Now, I believe we started with 8-9 million (lets say 8.5) but obviously its the inflation rate that begins after M3 thats all important, and if I'm right thats set to be 73,000 factoids per months or roughly 880000 per year according to Brian. Now just to keep the number of factoids stable, we would need to use 880000x2800=2.5 billion entry credits per year, or almost 7 million per day. I think its reasonable to say that if you're using more than this, the price has to increase in order to get more entry credits from your factoids. If you use less, then the price must fall.

Now obviously its very early days and speculation is rife, but MalReynolds was estimating a quarter of a million EC's per day. For just that one company. Its plausible but by no means guaranteed that we could have forty companies doing a similar thing, in which case we would have a higher price. Of course its also plausible that some other companies (and there are a few although none are quite as far ahead as factom) will find cheaper ways of anchoring proof of existence into daddy bitcoin's distributed unhackable truth machine.

Thoughts?

Basically I agree. Just one thing: After M3 the price of EC will be chosen/fixed by the federated server if I understand it right. So it won't most likely be 1/10 cent. But it's good, because they have incentive (paid with Factoids) to adjust it in a way to hit the perfect relation between high usage and price.

Regarding potential demand of companies: Tiana Laurence and also David Johnston talked, more between the lines, about potential customers who ask if Factom could handle billions of entries per day. I don't believe we will see that in the next few months but if I should make a bet if it will be about that high numbers somewhere in the future, I would say yes.

What I expect, and I've said it before:

Increasing number of Customers
Increasing demand per customer

And I believe we will see an explosion of EC-demand. And if I'm right,  they (federated servers) could set the price for 1 EC to 1/100 of a cent and the Factoid-price still would have to shoot up.
Activity: 77

Thoughts?
Activity: 332
Merit: 252

Not sure where the image is from ... the only mention of Factom on Exodus's website is:

"We are visiting the Factom offices today in Austin, TX. Insert rumor speculation here."

https://www.exodus.io/releases/

Good find.  Beautiful wallet. 

Hope whatever 3rd party wallet they use, it gets thoroughly vetted and is open source...
legendary

Not sure where the image is from ... the only mention of Factom on Exodus's website is:

"We are visiting the Factom offices today in Austin, TX. Insert rumor speculation here."

David Johnston said in the interview that there will be a really beautiful and user-friendly wallet. But if I understood it right, it's about a third party who builds it while the Factom-team is working on M2. And both should come out at the same time.

I have to watch the interview again. I was so damn tired that I'm not sure about anything I've heard there. ;-)

Yep, that's right. Johnston discusses it at 34:00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUmYI7A5Pzg&t=34m0s

Exactly that's what I meant! Smiley

Quote: "I can say that is coming, in a wonderful beautiful interface (...)"

That s good enough for me. It s going to be an exciting end of the year.
legendary

David Johnston said in the interview that there will be a really beautiful and user-friendly wallet. But if I understood it right, it's about a third party who builds it while the Factom-team is working on M2. And both should come out at the same time.

I have to watch the interview again. I was so damn tired that I'm not sure about anything I've heard there. ;-)

Exactly that's what I meant! Smiley

Quote: "I can say that is coming, in a wonderful beautiful interface (...)"

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

He said wallet is not a priority because business won't need one they will get credits through factom. Investors are not the priority but the business are which makes sense. It would not be efficient if businesses would have to store coins in a wallet and then get credits.
legendary

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

http://i65.tinypic.com/2jfgjrq.jpg

I can't find any info on this...

legendary

Jump to: