Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FaucetBOX.com - API & faucet script, create your own crypto faucet - page 6. (Read 119971 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks.
Sent my Faucet for approval  Grin
They are approving fast now, I just changed my rewards and I got approved really fast Cheesy

Nice! I'll update here with my Faucet once I get approved Smiley

Approved! Yay!

Check it out here: WaterBTC
Why do you have free domain? I can provide you .com domain for 4$ in BTC.
What is so bad about a free domain?

I also dont know whats so wrong about it
They are approving fast now, I just changed my rewards and I got approved really fast Cheesy

Approved! Yay!

Like I said in my Faucet thread, I want to start the faucet "without" a investment (of course I had to load my wallet before hand) but when I get some cash the first think I will do is move on to a decent hosting and domain.
I might just contact you, thanks!
Activity: 504
sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

Approved! Yay!

What is so bad about a free domain?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Faucet owner

Approved! Yay!

I am the one who knocks.

Approved! Yay!

I am the one who knocks.
IMPORTANT

Another faucet owner got hacked and lost his coins on FaucetBOX.com. It happened the same way as previous 2 hacks (many smaller withdrawals in short timespan coming from the faucet, not made through FaucetBOX.com Dashboard). The thing those three owners had in common was a faucet script made by Raphael M. I don't know whether it's just a coincidence, a bug in the script or a backdoor, but I ask everyone with Raphael's scripts to review their scripts' codes and make sure there's nothing suspicious there.

As always: keep your passwords private, keep them strong, make sure your hosting is safe and don't use any scripts from persons you don't trust (including Javascript, as it can be used to steal the session cookie).

What do you recommend to avoid this? Simply not add random codes to your website?
Exactly. Proofread and check any code on your site before going live. As faucet owner you are responsible for your funds' safety.

Ok thanks
Activity: 504
sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad
IMPORTANT

Another faucet owner got hacked and lost his coins on FaucetBOX.com. It happened the same way as previous 2 hacks (many smaller withdrawals in short timespan coming from the faucet, not made through FaucetBOX.com Dashboard). The thing those three owners had in common was a faucet script made by Raphael M. I don't know whether it's just a coincidence, a bug in the script or a backdoor, but I ask everyone with Raphael's scripts to review their scripts' codes and make sure there's nothing suspicious there.

As always: keep your passwords private, keep them strong, make sure your hosting is safe and don't use any scripts from persons you don't trust (including Javascript, as it can be used to steal the session cookie).

What do you recommend to avoid this? Simply not add random codes to your website?
Exactly. Proofread and check any code on your site before going live. As faucet owner you are responsible for your funds' safety.
I am the one who knocks.
IMPORTANT

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267
In Memory of Zepher
IMPORTANT

I believe that Raphael bases his scripts on the faucet package MiniFaucet, so it could be a back door within that script. While I am not a professional, if anyone would like me to run through their script PM me and I'll see what I can do.
legendary
Activity: 971
Merit: 1000
IMPORTANT

I am the one who knocks.

Faucet owner
I am the one who knocks.
legendary
How does the faucetbox script stop users from using a faucet more than once? Is it just IP address? I've created a website but would like to know the best way to stop users creating more than one account.

IP address + bitcoin address (but that one is easy to change). There are no other ways that I can think of...
Activity: 603
How does the faucetbox script stop users from using a faucet more than once? Is it just IP address? I've created a website but would like to know the best way to stop users creating more than one account.
legendary
What if you were to take a deposit that is held aside from each faucet that registers with you. And have a three strike rule and the deposit is taken. If they have something to lose then maybe they would think twice about changing things. This way you would get less scammy faucets with bad intentions wanting to sign up with you in the first place... I don't see why an owner would have a problem with this if they were legit. If they stopped their faucet at anytime, you could return the deposit thereafter...

While I think that would improve things, I'm not so sure about good owners not having problem with that. I know that I wouldn't agree with that, because what if I would get marked as scammy by mistake? Mistakes happen Smiley. What's more, it's hard to justify legally. If think we would need a lawyer for that...

It's just a really hard issue with no easy fix. But we're making small incremental changes that makes things better - 6 months ago it was much worse than now Smiley.
Faucet owner
That part about certain faucets changing things once they are approved... Do you ban them indefinitely?

That depends. If we believe that the owner tries to trick us or if he repeatedly does the same thing, we ban him. However if we're not sure that owner's intentions are bad, we do give him a chance or two. Quite often we see that taking faucet down from the list is enough and the owner starts playing nicely.

Where do i directly report things to?

There's a report button next to every faucet on your list: https://faucetbox.com/list (the exclamation mark). You can also send an email directly to [email protected]. Just make sure you include the name and URL of faucet.

Ok, thats useful to know. What if you were to take a deposit that is held aside from each faucet that registers with you. And have a three strike rule and the deposit is taken. If they have something to lose then maybe they would think twice about changing things. This way you would get less scammy faucets with bad intentions wanting to sign up with you in the first place... I don't see why an owner would have a problem with this if they were legit. If they stopped their faucet at anytime, you could return the deposit thereafter...

Kind Regards,

Then everyone will move to Paytoshi, Xapo and others.
Activity: 66
That part about certain faucets changing things once they are approved... Do you ban them indefinitely?

That depends. If we believe that the owner tries to trick us or if he repeatedly does the same thing, we ban him. However if we're not sure that owner's intentions are bad, we do give him a chance or two. Quite often we see that taking faucet down from the list is enough and the owner starts playing nicely.

There's a report button next to every faucet on your list: https://faucetbox.com/list (the exclamation mark). You can also send an email directly to [email protected]. Just make sure you include the name and URL of faucet.

Ok, thats useful to know. What if you were to take a deposit that is held aside from each faucet that registers with you. And have a three strike rule and the deposit is taken. If they have something to lose then maybe they would think twice about changing things. This way you would get less scammy faucets with bad intentions wanting to sign up with you in the first place... I don't see why an owner would have a problem with this if they were legit. If they stopped their faucet at anytime, you could return the deposit thereafter...

Kind Regards,
legendary

Activity: 66
Thanks for the very swift reply. I have taken on board your responses. It appears to me you are a person with true integrity and it seems from your responses that you really are doing all you can which i have a great deal of respect for. I understand the man power thing. I'll be happy to report such mis-happenings whenever I come across them. Maybe its down to users to help with this.

That part about certain faucets changing things once they are approved... Do you ban them indefinitely? Because I think anyone who has such intentions shouldn't get a second chance. Maybe such balances they hold should be forfeited for breaking the rules while you at it. I understand it must be difficult to police. I Admire that you actually generally want great experience for the users though. Great Stuff

Kind Regards,
legendary
1) Hiding claim buttons/ having fake claim buttons or disguising them to trick users into clicking on adds.

I don't get it too. We're actively taking such faucets down from our list.

2) Using unfavourable time consuming captcha for the user.

SolveMedia often takes a while to complete, but it's one of the revenue sources for faucet owners. I haven't had the problems you described with Are you a human. Actually I find Are you a Human to be the easiest and fastest one to complete. Personally I hate reCaptcha, I never get it the first time I try.
So there's no "the best captcha". Each user prefers other system, no way to make it work for everyone.

3) Faucets that do not indicate they are insufficient in funds.

I agree. However faucets are taken down from our list automatically on the first "Insufficient funds." error, nothing else we can do really.

Really annoying especially when you've had about 3 incorrect captcha's thrown back at you before hand when you have indeed entered it correctly.

There were reports of scammy faucets that always showed incorrect captcha error 3 times. No matter whether you've solved it good or not. If you find a faucet like that on our list, please report it to us and we'll take it down.

When is it going to be understood that the more time you waste of the faucet users the more likely that less adds will be clicked and they probably won't support your faucet anymore in the process. Greed will get you nowhere in the long term, it just gives faucets a bad rep.

I agree Smiley. That's why we don't put every faucet on our list, but we review it manually. The problem we have are faucet owners that first submit a clean faucet only to change it to something terrible once they got approved. With hundreds of faucets we can't effectively monitor that unfortunately.

My recommendation to faucetbox owner... demonstrate a high standard and don't let any of these 'greedy and scammy faucets' on your payment system in the first place. Faucetbox will then be known for its integrity and users will trust that any faucet you have on your books are legitimate. Faucets that use any kind of misleading and underhand tactics to trick the user should be banned.

That won't work. What will stop a scammy faucet for claiming that it's using our payment system even when it doesn't? I've actually seen such "faucets" already. When you use it everything looks alright and it even displays the message that coins were sent to your FaucetBOX.com account. But when you check your address, there's nothing there. And we have no trace of the faucet in our system.
What we can do and we try to do is keeping a list of clean faucets. But, as mentioned above, it's hard, as faucet owners tend to change their sites over time and we don't have an effective way to monitor that. We'd need to hire someone on full-time to do just that.

Thanks for your message Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: