Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Fibonacci Info and questions - page 26. (Read 104171 times)

Activity: 241
Merit: 100
December 17, 2013, 08:07:35 PM
You could make a lot of money by keeping the ASICs for a couple of months before releasing them...  Smiley

Worked well for BFL /s

Not the best business model.

and where bfl now? sinking in taxes..

Too true, and the "keeping the ASICs for a couple months before release" is not what we will be doing. We will test each one yes, but then immediately put it onto the host and enable the users pool proxy for each unit based on order in which it was ordered. (This is why we are not taking orders until everything is ready, to avoid confusion on our parts later.)

We plan to ship the secondary hosts the units they will retain once the units are paid for and as a lump shipment. We wont be doing 50 shipments to a single secondary host. So that will likely be the only delay, shipping to the secondary hosts.

Ye there should be some limits by the first batch like 5 units for the single host or maybe max khps pro person or address.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
December 17, 2013, 07:58:49 PM
You could make a lot of money by keeping the ASICs for a couple of months before releasing them...  Smiley

Worked well for BFL /s

Too true, and the "keeping the ASICs for a couple months before release" is not what we will be doing. We will test each one yes, but then immediately put it onto the host and enable the users pool proxy for each unit based on order in which it was ordered. (This is why we are not taking orders until everything is ready, to avoid confusion on our parts later.)

We plan to ship the secondary hosts the units they will retain once the units are paid for and as a lump shipment. We wont be doing 50 shipments to a single secondary host. So that will likely be the only delay, shipping to the secondary hosts.
December 17, 2013, 07:56:54 PM
Hi Jasinlee I have been watching your project since about April, I am very interested to see what you will produce.

Just a few quick questions and I apologise if they have been answered elsewhere.

What form factor are we looking at?
Individual units/Blades/Stackable etc

As I understand it you have future products under development, will initial customers who purchase this current product be offered discounts or preferential pre-order access to v2 or new products that you bring to market?

Also will you continue to supply entry-level (price wise) products as your technology matures and you develop more powerful units. Or will you push towards commercial level entry fees like most other asic companies have?

Thats still a matter of debate among us, I want stackable, 1 of the engineers wants blades. We will probably end up with both.

As for future products, a lot may change so I cant really predict how we will do future releases. I doubt they will have preferential treatment for any user, we want an even keel.

We will always have entry level products available. A portion of our units will also be donated to various causes.
December 17, 2013, 07:28:18 PM
You could make a lot of money by keeping the ASICs for a couple of months before releasing them...  Smiley

Worked well for BFL /s

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
TECHNOLOGY, BABY!
December 17, 2013, 07:26:27 PM
You could make a lot of money by keeping the ASICs for a couple of months before releasing them...  Smiley

Worked well for BFL /s

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005
December 17, 2013, 06:48:21 PM
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
December 17, 2013, 06:26:42 PM
Btw, are these going to be plug and mine machines?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
December 17, 2013, 06:12:27 PM
Hi Jasinlee I have been watching your project since about April, I am very interested to see what you will produce.

Just a few quick questions and I apologise if they have been answered elsewhere.

What form factor are we looking at?
Individual units/Blades/Stackable etc

As I understand it you have future products under development, will initial customers who purchase this current product be offered discounts or preferential pre-order access to v2 or new products that you bring to market?

Also will you continue to supply entry-level (price wise) products as your technology matures and you develop more powerful units. Or will you push towards commercial level entry fees like most other asic companies have?
December 17, 2013, 03:47:38 PM
Will these work on any Scrypt chain?

Yes, unless they have made some larger modifications to the coin.

Hope the coin dev's make these changes to their coins to circumvent your miner.

Crypto should remain in the domain of the average guy in the street to mine with GPU's that can be bought comparatively cheaply at the corner store & not controlled/owned/mined by big business, whales, or corporations.

You obviously have not followed our project.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 17, 2013, 03:27:11 PM
those things can't mine cpu coin anyway, even if scrypt coin will be mined, other algo will be created, in the end GPU will never die, and this is a good thing
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
December 17, 2013, 03:25:11 PM
Will these work on any Scrypt chain?

Yes, unless they have made some larger modifications to the coin.

Hope the coin dev's make these changes to their coins to circumvent your miner.

Crypto should remain in the domain of the average guy in the street to mine with GPU's that can be bought comparatively cheaply at the corner store & not controlled/owned/mined by big business, whales, or corporations.
legendary
December 17, 2013, 03:16:12 PM
What do you suspect the price target will be on these things?

Huh Huh Huh Huh

12. What price will you be charging for your miners?
A: 0.90$ per kh/s is the current pricing we are using as our baseline. This will likely change a bit, but not much.
13. What is the hash rate and power consumption of the chips?
A: Our conservative estimates are 960kh/s @ 3.5-5.0 watts per ASIC.

0.90 per kh? That pricing seems a bit rediculous. A 280x can do 800 kh/s for $0.50/kh.

So first of all, you need Mainboard, CPU, PSU, HDD, RAM, GPU,  stuff like Monitor, OS, Keyboard, Mouse is variable but its another charge.. calc the WATT.. Well, 5 WATT for a 960khps no headaches with hardware, warranty for complete system, space saving, anything else? I think it should be worth of buying asic... Correct me if im wrong..
so they will have a display? how you see your hashrate?
legendary
December 17, 2013, 03:15:00 PM

Huh Huh Huh Huh

A: 0.90$ per kh/s is the current pricing we are using as our baseline. This will likely change a bit, but not much.

0.90 per kh? That pricing seems a bit rediculous. A 280x can do 800 kh/s for $0.50/kh.

800kh/s? wasn't just 750 at max?

which settings plz?
December 17, 2013, 03:05:00 PM
You got the idea Smiley
December 17, 2013, 02:09:55 PM

Huh Huh Huh Huh

So first of all, you need Mainboard, CPU, PSU, HDD, RAM, GPU,  stuff like Monitor, OS, Keyboard, Mouse is variable but its another charge.. calc the WATT.. Well, 5 WATT for a 960khps no headaches with hardware, warranty for complete system, space saving, anything else? I think it should be worth of buying asic... Correct me if im wrong..
December 16, 2013, 06:49:54 PM
How much power does it consume? Heat?

We will be tweaking the design so it may change a bit but we created a miner that consumes under 5 watts and is faster than your gpu. Power costs will recoup in the long run vs any gpu. But that just depends on your situation. If that is not enough to make you buy one I recommend not purchasing one.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002
December 16, 2013, 06:33:28 PM

Huh Huh Huh Huh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 16, 2013, 06:18:54 PM
Edit: I will just switch this to lead engineer in the future instead.
commenting to follow the thread.

Maybe I missed something. When is planned selling?
December 16, 2013, 05:52:45 PM
Edit: I will just switch this to lead engineer in the future instead.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
December 16, 2013, 03:47:31 PM
I think your guy might prefer the term "Chief Engineer" not Head Engineer.  lmao
Pages:
Jump to: