Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] | freshmarket.co.in - Closed. Refunds till 10/02/14 - page 5. (Read 41799 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
666 done (ow shi 666)/ 40 to go
As i see, we refunded bigger part of all our coins, so dealing with some problematic guys (unclear balance or something like this) will last for a week.
Our support mail will be open for next week, so you can mail there.

About restoring market - sorry, i don't think it will happen. I am looking for conversation with coinmarket/openex to give them ideas what coins to take in trade, but still no answer. Maybe they will adopt some of our coins.

Can you give us a little more information about what the "problematic guys" means? I am one of the people who's account apparently has an issue, what do you mean by unclear balance?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
666 done (ow shi 666)/ 40 to go
As i see, we refunded bigger part of all our coins, so dealing with some problematic guys (unclear balance or something like this) will last for a week.
Our support mail will be open for next week, so you can mail there.

About restoring market - sorry, i don't think it will happen. I am looking for conversation with coinmarket/openex to give them ideas what coins to take in trade, but still no answer. Maybe they will adopt some of our coins.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
got my coins back.. about 24hrs worth of mining there phew.. yeah

and hacker pls give back freshmarket all stolen they should not be hacked for being noobs. i reckon you couldve just fixed the problems while u were in their server and done us all a big favour.

and if u ask "why"

my answer would be.. "because u obviously have nothing better to do"
Activity: 165

got all my CASH thanks.
639 complete/44 to go.
I repeat for those who haven't heard it. If you use same account/password pair for any other exchange - change it asap.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
good luck guys to reopen
527 processed/107 to go.
I don't think we will reopen soon (will we ever reopen?). Thanks for good words, but without security this is really bad idea.

I wish you to open again and to have success.
You have given here a great proof of seriousness and honesty and it is not so common in BTC world (and in real world in general)
Activity: 8
Thanks you for your help
I just received all my UTC

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
Received my UTC.

Thank you very much and I sincerely hope that you succeed in any future projects.

You can count on my support for future endeavors; the whole community should appreciate the work that these guys have done in the face of adversity, faith in humanity restored, for now.

Thanks again.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Received a full refund of NUT.

I had another 38k in HBC also, but no wallet to withdraw to right now.
Activity: 21
ok,. i received my  utc  ,thanks  so much ~~~ Cheesy
As i see in second topic, hacker has made a base dump and selling it.
So if you had same login/pass pair as somewhere else, you should change your password ASAP.
shit
Were the passwords not salted? Please reply ASAP
They were salted with individual salt and SHA-512 hashed. But salts were in base too.
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
So if you had same login/pass pair as somewhere else, you should change your password ASAP.
shit
Were the passwords not salted? Please reply ASAP
where is the hacker selling the db dump?
The problem is def_ender was warned and the exact same thing happened with openex.pw. It really isn't that bad if everything is refunded though...
We fixed all openex problems and had huge conversation with its devs about possible issues.
>ssh keys
ssh certificate, thanks.

581 done / 84 to go
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
A sad thing really. Exchange worked fine and i'm sure the admins tried their best to improve the site, and then this happends.

To everyone waiting for their coins. Have patience. Seriously you cant expect the guy to sit there processing withdrawals without sleeping or taking a shit for an entire week 24/7. Be glad we can at least get the majority of funds back. Let this also act as a reminder that unfortunately no exchange is safe from people trying to fuck it up.

Also to those thinking this is a scam ? come on.. anyone could guess of a better way to jack coins without seeing this much trouble.

I hope def_ender and his crew can recover stronger from this rather unfortunate experience.
The problem is def_ender was warned and the exact same thing happened with openex.pw. It really isn't that bad if everything is refunded though...

freshmarket.co.in is shutting down because they were "hacked"  Roll Eyes
Hm...i told them Smiley

Sup guys.
I'm glad to present you our exchange - http://freshmarket.co.in/index.php?page=trade&market=113
We already work with Skeincoin - feel free to join!

Cool!!!
What about security, hope ssh keys at least.
Activity: 123
Please tell me when i receive my coins back. I`ll wrote more than 19 hours ago.
Activity: 4
Received full UTC refund.

Thank you very much.
527 processed/107 to go.
I don't think we will reopen soon (will we ever reopen?). Thanks for good words, but without security this is really bad idea.
We have some offers from guys with serious dev team, and maybe dev team we will join them to create something new. I'm not a developer, so even if they go - i don't think support guys is needed.
About weak passwords - those who had it have huge chance of having 0 on their balance. As i said, we cannot trace everything (we obvsly can, but it will take not 5 minutes for refund but 2 hours per one, so refund campaign will last 2-3 years) so if you don't have balance - we can't refund it. I'm sorry that this happened, and i'm trying to set things right as far as i can.
Activity: 522
Merit: 266

no comment on this part i take it... i wonder how much of your 400+ LTC losses you are covering by taking 16% of the ltc from people whos account wasnt hacked?Huh??

however i do know that my wallet was not part of the hack and it is wrong to lump everyone in together as "hacked" when only select wallets were hacked. i believe the people that got hacked for having weak passwords should suffer the loss. my password was 19 characters for the reason that it cannot be brute forced. im guessing youre forcing people with email verification to give up 16% of their ltc as well? also wrong in my opinion.

Whine much? You got back 84% of what you had deposited where you had no guarantee you would get back anything. These guys are giving back to you even though they're out of the game, essentially out of the goodness of their hearts and reputation. Want security? Put your money in a bank, Theres a reason that things like FDIC insurance (in the u.s.) exist. Its because when banks, or similar, go unregulated, and have no insurers like this you lose all deposits when they go down.

You get a chance at massive profits that you can't get in any other market right now when dealing with crypto. The balance is that there are high risks. Its not only the trading risk, but the fact that you are putting money in random, unregulated, uninsured, websites with semi-anonymous owners, quite possibly outside outside your local law enforcement jurisdiction.

+1

even though you have some to learn on security, you are quite clearly decent guys. Fix & get site back up plus say 'Eternal Vigilance' three times a day and heed that mantra. I will trade with you again once you are up and going. And whoever used weak and /or multiple use passwords: For fks sake. You walk in the Amsterdam redlight with your wallet hanging out as well?
Def-ender: you should do a basic analysis on password strengths on hacked accounts if you can. All the truly weak ones: publish here and no refund from your own funds. Thats what I would do. Just my two utc
Pages:
Jump to: