Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit MoonLander: A Modern and Efficient Scrypt USB Stick Miner! - page 4. (Read 30533 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hello,
New to cryptocurrency mining. I just purchased my first Moonlander script miners (3 of them) and a Gekkoscience Bitcoin miner.

I'm looking forward to playing around and learning what this is all about. I tried my moonlanders straight off the macbook pro but it looks like I need a powered USB hub to run even one of them. I wasn't able to source a Superbpag USB hub but I managed to get an Orico 10 port powered USB hub. I hope it works.

Question about Scrypt mining, Can the moonlander mine currencies other than Litecoin? I found this site here, http://www.cryptocoinsinfo.com/ and was interested in testing a few out once my USB hub arrives.

Anything else I should know other than what's in the instructions on the first page?

yes you can mine scrypt coins..

unfortunately there isnt very many scrypt coins that are worth anything.

i currently have my moonlanders pointed to ispace.co.uk
they have a lowest difficulty scrypt multipool.. it automatically changes to the lowest diff coin that they mine.. you can set it to auto convert them to btc when you have enough.. which takes a long time.

i think just mining on litecoinpool.org is the best. i have 8 moonlanders and they make about 2 litecoins per month.

I started playing around with awesome miner and ghash.io (pool) on an old PC I have laying around. How can I check the comparison between ispace.co.uk and litecoinpool.org.

On the bright side, I've ben reading a few articles that litecoin may actually make a comeback. Though, it seems that if litecoin is interested in being the "silver" to the bitcoin currency, it still won't amount to much in comparison.

there is no comparison between ispace and litecoinpool.

ispace mines low diff and newer coins in the hope that one day they might be worth something..
litecoinpool mines litecoins.. they have a calculator on the site that will tell you how many you make per month.

a bit of info that should probably go on the first page.. to get these to work on many pools you need to add

#skipcbcheck after the port..
so like

stratum+tcp://example.com:3333#skipcbcheck

Got it. I was under the impression that you could select which currency to mine with ispace. I'll start with litecoin before I get crazy. So I managed to get a temporary hub going.

Okay so my first question:
I managed to get two devices recognized (The USB hub I got only has room for two) and I reconfigured the mac bfgminer file with the following script on line 4:
Code:
./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333 -u up103037409.worker3 -p xxx -S all --set MLD:clock=144

MLD0 and MLD1 both show no activity. Do I need to enable something? Did I configure it wrong?

I'm also getting these messages:

Code:
[2016-08-03 17:03:18] Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted

Code:
[2016-08-03 17:13:51] Pool 0 is hiding block contents from us

Code:
[2016-08-03 17:27:19] Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted

Now I'm just running a single Moonlander from the USB Hub. I'll keep running this to see if anything changes. I get an update approximately every 30 seconds or so.

One last thing... this BFG Miner URL doesn't work. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qn63pkae2pdlulm/BFgminer-FutureBit-5.4--win64.zip?dl=0

legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
Just got these things back mining as they were sitting around doing nothing for too long!  Forgot how fun they were.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Hello,
New to cryptocurrency mining. I just purchased my first Moonlander script miners (3 of them) and a Gekkoscience Bitcoin miner.

I'm looking forward to playing around and learning what this is all about. I tried my moonlanders straight off the macbook pro but it looks like I need a powered USB hub to run even one of them. I wasn't able to source a Superbpag USB hub but I managed to get an Orico 10 port powered USB hub. I hope it works.

Question about Scrypt mining, Can the moonlander mine currencies other than Litecoin? I found this site here, http://www.cryptocoinsinfo.com/ and was interested in testing a few out once my USB hub arrives.

Anything else I should know other than what's in the instructions on the first page?

they have a lowest difficulty scrypt multipool.. it automatically changes to the lowest diff coin that they mine.. you can set it to auto convert them to btc when you have enough.. which takes a long time.

i think just mining on litecoinpool.org is the best. i have 8 moonlanders and they make about 2 litecoins per month.

I started playing around with awesome miner and ghash.io (pool) on an old PC I have laying around. How can I check the comparison between ispace.co.uk and litecoinpool.org.

On the bright side, I've ben reading a few articles that litecoin may actually make a comeback. Though, it seems that if litecoin is interested in being the "silver" to the bitcoin currency, it still won't amount to much in comparison.

there is no comparison between ispace and litecoinpool.

ispace mines low diff and newer coins in the hope that one day they might be worth something..
litecoinpool mines litecoins.. they have a calculator on the site that will tell you how many you make per month.

a bit of info that should probably go on the first page.. to get these to work on many pools you need to add

#skipcbcheck after the port..
so like

stratum+tcp://example.com:3333#skipcbcheck
Hello,

legendary
Hello,

Hello,

Activity: 1
Is anyone selling? or any future development for upcoming USB Scrypt Miner?
Activity: 14
does anyone have for sell? just asking...
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Apparently my drivers are so popular that dropbox banned the download links due to too much traffic

Just think how bad it will get if you get a LK-1402 stick miner going.

9-)

mho
Activity: 2

your username is probably sth.1

thanks for your reply but thats not the problem. I just modified this line to "sth" (something) for the post. The username is use is correct (and password too).
legendary
Hi everyone,

sorry if this was already answered, didnt find anything in this thread or elsewhere, there are some people with the same problem but no solution.

My problem is that my MoonLander isnt mining any Litecoin.

I am using Raspberry 1 with an cheap USB 2.0 HUB (external powered). When is type 'lsusb' its showing the MoonLander. I compiled bfgminer like its shown in this first post of this thread. That worked fine. I created an account at litecoinpool.org. After that I tried mining with:

./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u sth -p sth,d=16 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=144

But all my Miner is doing is repeating:
Stratum from pool 0 detected new block

0.0 h/s ...

Its consuming 2 Watt/s whats should be fine?

Orange LED is flashing from time to time on the MoonLander. Litecoinpool.org says 31 "Invalid Shares" ?! ..

What I am doing wrong??

Greetings
mho

your username is probably sth.1

mho
Activity: 2
Hi everyone,

sorry if this was already answered, didnt find anything in this thread or elsewhere, there are some people with the same problem but no solution.

My problem is that my MoonLander isnt mining any Litecoin.

I am using Raspberry 1 with an cheap USB 2.0 HUB (external powered). When is type 'lsusb' its showing the MoonLander. I compiled bfgminer like its shown in this first post of this thread. That worked fine. I created an account at litecoinpool.org. After that I tried mining with:

./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u sth -p sth,d=16 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=144

But all my Miner is doing is repeating:

0.0 h/s ...

Its consuming 2 Watt/s whats should be fine?

Orange LED is flashing from time to time on the MoonLander. Litecoinpool.org says 31 "Invalid Shares" ?! ..

What I am doing wrong??

Greetings
mho

**EDIT**

The problem was the USB-Hub -> After plugging the stick into Raspberry itself it worked with same parameters...
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
Quote from: VictorGT on Today at 11:54:01 AM
Hi,

I have an USB volt and amp meter.

It tells me how much volts, amps and watts is draining the USB port at any moment.

Any formula to get ML ASIC core voltage from that data?

Thanks.

Not really, since how much power the ASIC is using is not constant and depends on frequency etc. You can just measure the core voltage directly with a simple multimeter. Check out the main posts in the beginning of this thread for instructions.

Sorry, my fingers are fat... I have a good standard multimeter, and I use it sometimes... I know how to do it...

But spots for testing core voltage at PCB board are too small for me. Maybe I will try (afraid to burn something).

I run my MLs over 300 MHz, they are extra cooled... All over 1 AMP at USB meter.

Any formula with this settings?

I really like this small miners...
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
Hi,

It tells me how much volts, amps and watts is draining the USB port at any moment.

Thanks.

Not really, since how much power the ASIC is using is not constant and depends on frequency etc. You can just measure the core voltage directly with a simple multimeter. Check out the main posts in the beginning of this thread for instructions.
Activity: 748
Merit: 523
Hi,

Thanks.
legendary
Apparently my drivers are so popular that dropbox banned the download links due to too much traffic lol Huh

Anyway here is alternative download https://mega.nz/#F!NxgyWJhD!5Hhc5ikRYEVQHyeovQa-QQ

have you figured out why these sticks fade out and eventually just stop hashing?

legendary
Apparently my drivers are so popular that dropbox banned the download links due to too much traffic lol Huh

Anyway here is alternative download https://mega.nz/#F!NxgyWJhD!5Hhc5ikRYEVQHyeovQa-QQ
legendary
i think these moonlanders would work a lot better if you modifiy the 5v line and use molex power..

i have a feeling they are overloading the usb.. even the superbpag ones.

How would we get these running in a micro pc setup, usb to molex would still share the issue wouldn't they?

yeah you would have to get a 5v line and wire it straight to the board..
richbc is doing it with the compacs.. he has one running at 450..
legendary
i think these moonlanders would work a lot better if you modifiy the 5v line and use molex power..

i have a feeling they are overloading the usb.. even the superbpag ones.

legendary
Hi guys,
Awesome job jstefanop. Is this still available for purchase?

Im sold out of the last batch...my resellers Asicpuppy and holybitcoin  (bitshopper.de if your in europe) might still have a few left.
Are you working on new chip units or is that still an issue with getting the chips at a correct price?

Chip is no longer produced and its a bit outdate now. Im developing a new miner based on the A4 chip that will probably be ready in a month or two.
Pages:
Jump to: