Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FutureBit MoonLander: A Modern and Efficient Scrypt USB Stick Miner! - page 10. (Read 30533 times)

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
When can I expect my ordered miners?
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
Just received mine today and got 3 up and running on this hub: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EYXZI4M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 . I ordered 4 but only 3 fit comfortably.

Getting right at the expected 400kh-600kh for stock setting. 

I will play with them now and try to get between 650-800kh out of each.
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
Software and instructions are up here: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=28691.0

At the very least please download bfgminer and make sure it runs on your system before you get your stick so I can help with resolving any software issues. It should start up and go to the "add device" screen.
legendary
First shipments are going out thursday details here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13531769

If your one of the first to put a deposit please send in your final payment ASAP so I can ship your unit.
Christmas is coming later  Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Looks great! When's batch 2? I missed out on the first.

Unfortunately I bought the last ASICS in existence from this company so this is the one and only batch. I will definitely make more products if I can get my hands on any new chips. I could *possibly* repurpose the miners I have and salvage the chips if there is crazy demand for a second batch, but removing chips from boards is time consuming and costly in order not to damage them so not sure if its even a viable option.
Activity: 594
Merit: 506
Looks great! When's batch 2? I missed out on the first.
legendary

No new info.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Here you go Smiley

All the PCBs were finally finished today and assembly is underway. These are the first boards straight out of the oven! (sorry for the crappy pictures they are from my SMT shop that is assembling them). The timing sucks for these because I will be out of country from the 16th to the 23rd, and thought that I would have had these finished way before the 16th. I don't want to make any promises but I'm pushing to finish them up so I can ship them out on thurs/friday, but won't know for sure until tomorrow. It might end up that I ship the first orders I got before I leave and ship the rest out when I get back.

Sorry for the delay, but I did get screwed over with the holidays on my timing from manufactures and parts suppliers. Considering the holidays, and the fact that this is my first "mass" produced board with everything done by me from scratch; I have to say a month and a half from prototype to finished final product is a time I'm pretty happy with!

Activity: 721
Merit: 504
Nice! wish I added more to my order
legendary
Another update for you guys, PCBs were delayed more than I liked because of the Holidays, but manufacture finally started building my order and should be complete next week. I will hopefully finish assembling and start shipping these out by end of next week if all goes well.

Here are some pics manufacture sent me of the production board with black solder mask!

legendary
Update for you guys...heatsinks came in! They came out great, and thermal properties on them seem even better than the prototype sinks I was using. Here is what hundreds of packaged heatsinks looks like Smiley

and some shots of the heatsink on the actual stick (just imagine a black PCB and you get the idea of what the final look will be Wink

PCB producer told me there is going to be a few days delay due to Christmas, but they should be shipped out to me by next week, so ill still be on track for shipping these out to you guys on first week of January.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007
This looks like a really interesting project, especially for someone who does mining as a hobby. I need to see what happens once the first people get the miners and if all is good i will most likely buy some also. I might need some "noobie" help tho Tongue but as i sayd, the price is really good and i love that they are USB
legendary
Did you get my last message and verified sig?

sent you a PM
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Did you get my last message and verified sig?
legendary
4 days ago I wrote jstefanop
on the https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11rcnSh4rAR5oeeCsb13BeHxmKOT29tUrOjXVIkl9NJA/edit#gid=0 for my payment but not VERIFIED.
Why I'm not there VERIFIED?
Signed message from my wallet I sent ...

Your set...sorry I skipped over you PM.
4 days ago I wrote jstefanop
on the https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11rcnSh4rAR5oeeCsb13BeHxmKOT29tUrOjXVIkl9NJA/edit#gid=0 for my payment but not VERIFIED.
Why I'm not there VERIFIED?
Signed message from my wallet I sent ...
legendary
Some updates for you guys and more pics!

Finally got windows driver working, so all 3 native bfgminer drivers for Mac, Windows, and Linux are pretty much ready. Below is a screenshot of the window driver testing with the final production version of the PCB. As you can see I got the high end of the stick pretty stable, most of you Alcheminer owns can attest that .33% HW errors on this chip is pretty amazing Wink Im pretty happy where the final version is and hope you guys agree! I was hoping that I could also make it super stable past 1 MH but unfortunately I think I have reach the limit of this chip...so much you can push a 40nm chip...

Below are pics of the board iterations...as you can see I shaved nearly 10mm off the original board...this does amazing things to voltage drop and efficiency!

And here is my prototype lunar army ready to take over the moon. Last one is the final production design.

legendary
Final numbers are in for PCB color...here are the totals between both forums

Green  5
Red     6
Blue    10
Black  12
Yellow 7

Total Votes 40

Close one between Blue and Black but black takes it! Should look pretty sick with all black heatsink+pcb. I do have to give props to peon miner for his suggestion though Smiley

Im finishing up component and PCB orders today and tomorrow...so now waiting game begins for everything to come over the next two weeks. Should still be on schedule to ship end of Dec/first week of January.
legendary
Don't know if Stefan still reads this thread, i sent you a pm a while ago regarding the purchase of a few sticks. I never got a reply.

Could you please check your messages and reply if possible.

thank you

PM sent...

I have also expanded batch size so if people still interested id place deposit soon, there are 130 left and that will be it.
Pages:
Jump to: