Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] GARLICOIN - Reddit's Garlic Bread Worshiping Currency - page 14. (Read 35666 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Wow. Lost 75% over the last couple days due to the few scandals plaguing this project. Sad. While it seemed too good to be true when these coins were selling and trading for $2 within the community of reddit, I guess it was. Maybe you guys should try adopting a coin already established rather than try to be cool and do your own garlicky thing.....

Go for reddcoin or something. I always thought since the name was spot on and it was a social coin, redd would be the reddit community's first choice anyways.

Pretty much also crypto lost 75% of their values over the last few days so GRLC is no exception.

Profitability is, however, now below Nicehash and with nothing new or interesting on the road for this coin there is nowhere but down. Just the a tenuous proposition of some improvement protocol.

Coin is dead IMO, I will continue to hold a little but I doubt I will ever bother selling...
Activity: 1
NEW POOL - Garlic, Inc. Low Fee (0.75%) ~ Community Discord w/ Help Desk ~ 2.5GRLC Giveaway every block! ~ 15GRLC Giveaway at 30MH/s! (Recently Re-hauled)

Hello, future employee! Welcome to Garlic, Inc.!

We've recently had a re-haul of our back and front ends, and we desperately need hash-power for that sweet and savory garlicky goodness!

Please consider joining us as we have a cool gimmick! For being a miner, you have a chance
of getting 2.5GRLC from each block we solve! Isn't that neat?

We've also got a low fee of 0.75%!

So join today! And you'll be contributing to a tastier future...

You can visit our website @ http://www.garlicinc.ca
Our stratum address is: stratum+tcp://garlicinc.ca:3333
Official pool discord (we're pretty active and try to help out whenever we can): https://discord.gg/rXwnbu7

Activity: 196
Merit: 22
Las Vegas
Wow. Lost 75% over the last couple days due to the few scandals plaguing this project. Sad. While it seemed too good to be true when these coins were selling and trading for $2 within the community of reddit, I guess it was. Maybe you guys should try adopting a coin already established rather than try to be cool and do your own garlicky thing.....

Go for reddcoin or something. I always thought since the name was spot on and it was a social coin, redd would be the reddit community's first choice anyways.
Activity: 17
The breadbox is no good.  The devs put that out long ago.  If you join the discord there is a breadbox wallet help section that will help you access your garlic and move it to the garlium wallet or another you want.
Activity: 112
Merit: 12
Nobody can access their garlic coin anymore. I had a breadbox wallet, never put any 2FA on it. But now the website requires a 2FA that doesn't exist. Please fix. I am not the only one with this issue, hundreds of people have the same issue.
Activity: 23
Could anyone tell his hashrate?
for example I have gtx1080 and i7-4790k
How many coins may I have per 24 hours?

Thanks!
Activity: 10
I really wanna support this coin but the scammy smell is not really pleasent
Is it possible to make GRLC truly ASIC resistant or is this project dead?

We're developing and releasing GIP-1 as soon as possible,

Please continue all discussion on the new ANN thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annofficial-garlicoin-reddits-garlic-bread-worshiping-currency-2893116

Thank you Smiley
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
I really wanna support this coin but the scammy smell is not really pleasent
Is it possible to make GRLC truly ASIC resistant or is this project dead?
Activity: 3
Activity: 35
It's a pity that such a coin have so many controversies. Rest of the team are trying to put it on the right path.
Meme's are fun. I would like to see it going.
Activity: 119
Is anyone using 8GB to mine this coin using 5 or 6 GPUs?

Just for your info, I do have two rigs, each running 5 x 1080 Tis and both Ryzen 1700 and Ryzen 1600 (stock clock speeds) run fine. But both rigs are using 16GB RAM.

got an 8 card 1080ti rig and an 8 card 1070ti rig both using 8GB and running excellent.  got virtual mem space set to 60GB

Good to know, thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to ask - which CPUs?
i7 8700's, but it only uses 1 thread per GPU

Does hyperthreading count? Or only # of cores?

Well of the 12 threads, 8 of them are 100% and the other 4 are 25-60%. Some of the other guys here are doing 8 card rigs with 4 core i7's and doing good.  So hyperthreading counts.  Not sure if 8 physical cores would make a difference.  Although I get the same hash per card when using 1 card vs 8, so probably not.

Even on my Ryzen 1600 machine (a 6 core CPU), it's utilization is below 40%... I guess any of the higher end CPUs will do the job...
Activity: 168
Merit: 39

Just for your info, I do have two rigs, each running 5 x 1080 Tis and both Ryzen 1700 and Ryzen 1600 (stock clock speeds) run fine. But both rigs are using 16GB RAM.

got an 8 card 1080ti rig and an 8 card 1070ti rig both using 8GB and running excellent.  got virtual mem space set to 60GB

Good to know, thanks!

Well of the 12 threads, 8 of them are 100% and the other 4 are 25-60%. Some of the other guys here are doing 8 card rigs with 4 core i7's and doing good.  So hyperthreading counts.  Not sure if 8 physical cores would make a difference.  Although I get the same hash per card when using 1 card vs 8, so probably not.

Good to know, thanks!

Good to know, thanks!

Good to know, thanks!

got an 8 card 1080ti rig and an 8 card 1070ti rig both using 8GB and running excellent.  got virtual mem space set to 60GB
It was going to be difficult to test on those rigs because those are my "special" rigs - one is my personal desktop PC and the other is the PC connected to TV. I have 4 long USB lines coming out of the PC case for 4 additional GPUs. So lots of things are installed on those machines consuming more RAM.

In your case though, did you confirm that you are getting higher hashrates with 16GB?

Also, sounds like at least you achieved stable 620 hashrate on 8GB. Correct?

I went from like 400 per card at 4gb to 620 with 8gb I haven't gone to 16gb but 100% would achieve a higher hashrate

Hmm... Interesting.

Thanks for the info!
Activity: 47
It was going to be difficult to test on those rigs because those are my "special" rigs - one is my personal desktop PC and the other is the PC connected to TV. I have 4 long USB lines coming out of the PC case for 4 additional GPUs. So lots of things are installed on those machines consuming more RAM.

In your case though, did you confirm that you are getting higher hashrates with 16GB?

I went from like 400 per card at 4gb to 620 with 8gb I haven't gone to 16gb but 100% would achieve a higher hashrate

Yeah 5 x 1080ti on i7 4770 using 8gb and I need more as I get memory errors if I push the settings too high, only 620 avg per card with 16gb would hit 660per card.

I was using 4gb but had insane throttling. If you have 16gb in both just try with one stick of ram out.

Activity: 8
Looks like a fun project, with some disgruntled people on this thread.  Looking to invest a little $$$$ into this sucker.  Any long term projections by anyone?

Thanks in Advance

Nobody knows, its almost impossible to predict such young crypto-currencies.

https://i.imgur.com/L0OT5LC.jpg
Pages:
Jump to: