Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [GDGC] GadgetCoin | IoT | M2M |Smart Contracts on Hardware - page 18. (Read 88491 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Just to clarify,

As probably most users of this thread understand, the GadgetNet video streaming services jizzmo and streemo, as part of our generic IoT framework aims to provide a live video streaming software. Netflix - as probably most of you know that and in case if don't we explained it above - provides VOD, video on-demand service. VOD, Netflix's business has nothing to do with live streaming. Live video streaming and GadgetNet are different than what Netflix does and offer.

As we explained in our latest update, we have been working on integrating CCTV camera devices, exchange integration, the UI, etc. and therefore, we are not only working on the press release and nothing else.

As a VICR owner I would prefer you focus on the development instead of trying to convince this idiot. I believe VICR owners understand what you are trying to achieve, you have a very good plan with real world use cases and lot of works ahead.

You are young, enthusiastic and you want to win over everyone, but believe me, you don't have to win over the resident wanker of Bitcointalk forum.

You and others explained many times to this idiot what is your application, what P2P and VOD are, what the hybrid model of GadgetNet means, what's your vision regarding the generic IoT platform, what is on the roadmap. The idiot is still coming back with his obsessions that you haven't released the P2P yet. He is stupid and troll, you can't do anything with that unfortunate but powerful configuration which seems is default and isn't adjustable in his case.

Keep up the good work and don't worry about the trolls!

Not that it would have any meaning to you, of course, but this "idiot/troll" has denounced, with a rate of... oh 100% success, quite a few crypto projects that have ended up being a failure. Not a major feat, mind you, for so many do fail because they are either straight out scams or non-viable ones, but still the record stands.

As a VICR owner you are just a cut throat blind greedy bastard bent on doing any and all things to try to get your "investment" to be profitable at ANY AND ALL costs, those including but not limited too, insulting, blatantly lying and any other form of enticement to get your hands on newbies' money, that's exactly and completely what you are, nothing else.

Once again, dev, I'd be first in line to celebrate if, in fact, you can deliver on ANY front. Until then though, it would not only be premature but quite a long shot.

How can he take the newbies money? Not possible to buy VICR contracts anymore. I have VICR contract tell me how can I profit from newbie money? Gadgetcoin don't accept more investment, how can I get newbies' money. sorry, I don't understand.
btw I read your posts, you promoted the Paycoin scam and you were not worried about newbies' money there.

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Just to clarify,

As probably most users of this thread understand, the GadgetNet video streaming services jizzmo and streemo, as part of our generic IoT framework aims to provide a live video streaming software. Netflix - as probably most of you know that and in case if don't we explained it above - provides VOD, video on-demand service. VOD, Netflix's business has nothing to do with live streaming. Live video streaming and GadgetNet are different than what Netflix does and offer.

As we explained in our latest update, we have been working on integrating CCTV camera devices, exchange integration, the UI, etc. and therefore, we are not only working on the press release and nothing else.

As a VICR owner I would prefer you focus on the development instead of trying to convince this idiot. I believe VICR owners understand what you are trying to achieve, you have a very good plan with real world use cases and lot of works ahead.

You are young, enthusiastic and you want to win over everyone, but believe me, you don't have to win over the resident wanker of Bitcointalk forum.

You and others explained many times to this idiot what is your application, what P2P and VOD are, what the hybrid model of GadgetNet means, what's your vision regarding the generic IoT platform, what is on the roadmap. The idiot is still coming back with his obsessions that you haven't released the P2P yet. He is stupid and troll, you can't do anything with that unfortunate but powerful configuration which seems is default and isn't adjustable in his case.

Not that it would have any meaning to you, of course, but this "idiot/troll" has denounced, with a rate of... oh 100% success, quite a few crypto projects that have ended up being a failure. Not a major feat, mind you, for so many do fail because they are either straight out scams or non-viable ones, but still the record stands.

As a VICR owner you are just a cut throat blind greedy bastard bent on doing any and all things to try to get your "investment" to be profitable at ANY AND ALL costs, those including but not limited too, insulting, blatantly lying and any other form of enticement to get your hands on newbies' money, that's exactly and completely what you are, nothing else.

Once again, dev, I'd be first in line to celebrate if, in fact, you can deliver on ANY front. Until then though, it would not only be premature but quite a long shot.
Activity: 310
Merit: 250

Thank you for your support! The team is developing and testing the work items of the next release, we are not resting until we deliver what is on the road map.

zsp
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
Just to clarify,

zsp
Activity: 181
Just to clarify,

Just remember that barabbas is either an idiot with too much time on his hands, or a professional troll. You wouldn't believe the amount of coins that he comes in and FUDs with daily essay length ignorant posts. Yet he supports Paycoin.

The combination of both, 70% idiot and 30% troll.

I know absolutely nothing about video streaming, but by now I understand as it was explained to this idiot many times that the jizzmo and streemo sites at stage one will be using a hybrid model with RTMP streaming to be able to serve Flash clients. In the meantime the team works on a novel P2P live streaming software, but jizzmo and streemo will not be true P2P at stage one. The idiot doesn't understand this (70%) and keep trolling that nothing is happening, and where is the P2P application (30%), which by the way is due by 1st December 2015 according to the road map.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Just to clarify,

Just remember that barabbas is either an idiot with too much time on his hands, or a professional troll. You wouldn't believe the amount of coins that he comes in and FUDs with daily essay length ignorant posts. Yet he supports Paycoin.
Activity: 225
the jizzmo and streemo sites will be great + IoT is the future.

VICR contracts at USD 5 will be at 1600% profit.  Grin

thanks, and keep up the good work devs!
Activity: 784
Good job devs!

That's great you are working on CCTV integration! Does the application support alarms?

Do you plan integrating baby monitors? That would be a nice use case, grandparents will be happy to pay US $ 1-2 for an Internet connected baby monitor to watch their grand child from browser, on HTML5 platform from anywhere and on any devices.

Thank you for your support!

Yes, we are testing a device which has alarm function. The alarm triggers signal on the screen or via SMS, but either cases the alarms need to wired up with our IoT framework and as we said, the integration takes time, but we have started working on this industrial use case and the end user will be using the devices on streemo.

With regards to the baby monitor use case, we are wiring up an indoor home monitoring camera device from the same manufacturer. It has sound and HD video quality so it can be used as a baby monitor, but it is a more capable device and it is suitable for different types of indoor, live monitoring use cases.

Fantastic, the indoor monitoring should be a good opportunity too.

I suggest don't bother with the negativity and trolling! Ethereum received 25 millions US $ and hasn't released the final platform yet though it was promised by April. Supernet core was promised by January and the full platform hasn't released yet even James got a few million dollars to make things happen which indicate software design takes time. More importantly, you explained clearly in your roadmap when you will deliver what and so far you have delivered everything you promised: working blockchain, working smart contracts, working 1 second transaction, 2FA, jizzmo is accepting applications, integration of industrial IoT use cases with streemo started, etc. Well done, don't be discouraged by the negativity and keep up the good work!
Good job devs!

That's great you are working on CCTV integration! Does the application support alarms?

Do you plan integrating baby monitors? That would be a nice use case, grandparents will be happy to pay US $ 1-2 for an Internet connected baby monitor to watch their grand child from browser, on HTML5 platform from anywhere and on any devices.

Thank you for your support!

Yes, we are testing a device which has alarm function. The alarm triggers signal on the screen or via SMS, but either cases the alarms need to wired up with our IoT framework and as we said, the integration takes time, but we have started working on this industrial use case and the end user will be using the devices on streemo.

With regards to the baby monitor use case, we are wiring up an indoor home monitoring camera device from the same manufacturer. It has sound and HD video quality so it can be used as a baby monitor, but it is a more capable device and it is suitable for different types of indoor, live monitoring use cases.

Just to clarify,

legendary
Activity: 225
i would be happy with the USD 10 price and i don't mind the slower burning and buyback rate, but the exchange price will be higher with USD 10 internal price.
Activity: 784
Good job devs!

I strongly suggest to set the network fee smart contract and network fee coin price at US 10. The broadcasters, CCTV camera device owners wouldn't care and they will be perfectly fine with the US $ 10 price, but in my opinion a higher network fee related GDC price is very important for coin holders. Higher price would slow down the burning and buy back which is obviously a minus, but the 10 dollars per GDC network fee related price most likely will result a very good price off exchange and on the exchanges once the coin is listed. The 10 dollars per GDC network fee related price also means that there is an incentive for outside crypto investors to start buying GDC both off exchange and on exchanges for US 2.50 or even more for a US $ 5 to realize a 100% profit.

legendary
Dev! I don't think you can beat the TV industry! We need realistic plans!

It's like the story of two guys running from a bear. If you are one of the guys you don't have to outrun the bear - you just have to outrun the other guy.

We are realistic and we understand in step one we don't have to beat the big bear, the TV industry. First, we aim to provide better live video streaming than Ustream, Wowza and twitch.tv services are. The open source, P2P, decentralized GadgetNet will be able to offer significantly cheaper and some magnitudes scalable live video streaming than the centralized providers.

I'm getting more confused by the moment here...

All of a sudden, your tokens' price has been increased 5-fold because the "growing interest of industry providers allows you to be more aggressive", if I am quoting you correctly... and what kind of interest, specifically, are you talking about? Mr. Pardi's of ZoVolt? Because I am burdened to say that Mr. Pardi's "achievements" are severely lacking all along his previous enterprises (all closed down, no sale) and current one who only found one interested party in its crowdfunding offering, more likely than not, Mr Pardi himself being that individual. If  there are other, CONCRETE, interested parties, you have failed to communicate those, so I am growingly confused, naturally.

But it also piked my curiosity the unilateral decision of quintuple the cost of those tokens which, by an exercise of simple math, will result in an increment in the costs of the netcasting, so to speak, which will automatically go from an estimated 5 to 10% of current costs (and that's a ball-park estimation, not really based on any specific data on an apples-to-apples comparison, is it?), to 25 to 50%, thus making the proposition much less attractive to current users of competitive, true and tested services. I must have missed quite a bit in these convoluted white papers and explanations, I'm afraid...

Some research posted here, has the guy who created BitTorrent embarked, basically, on a quest for a product very similar to yours (the announced one, that is, the one that is, for now and the time being, just an unproven idea), with practically unlimited resources of the financial kind and many others (contacts, free publicity, obvious credibility), so far having failed to actually put that idea in practical motion... but you, with a few "believers" here and the "growing interest" of some "industry providers" feel brazen enough to not just increment 5-fold the cost to broadcasters, unilaterally and still without anything to show that you will ever be capable of transmit anything, but to contend that you will actually be doing so and take on the whole TV industry... in due time. Wow. Simply wow.

And then there's the LLC... no small matter, mind you. A Delaware (US) registered enterprise if I am correctly informed. And set by a guy of two, still quite anonymous to most "believers", of whom no one knows anything whatsoever and that are located in some parts of Europe, maybe Northern Europe. Even if we were to assume that the LLC would be crazily successful and in a few months would get major profits, even a buy out offer (by Apple, or IBM or even Facebook), what would be in it for the "forgers", "believers", ores owners, etc?

I am pretty sure I am missing a lot of this very confusing picture... almost as sure as I am that clarification won't be coming in any sensible manner any time soon. In any case, once again, much luck in your quest. I have a stronq feeling you are going to need much more than that to be able to pull this one out. But hey, what's common sense to do with talk of mooning, large penises and every conceivable manner of sex, including midget sex. Especially midget sex, right? (*)

For those who might be interested, these references have to do with a thread about Bobsurplus and his crew in the Alternate currencies forum and is post here for humor purposes only... well, almost.
Based on user comments and recommendations we have made some changes on the 2FA feature of the wallet.
Thanks for the comments and feedbacks, it helps a lot in designing a better software.

It's like the story of two guys running from a bear. If you are one of the guys you don't have to outrun the bear - you just have to outrun the other guy.

We are realistic and we understand in step one we don't have to beat the big bear, the TV industry. First, we aim to provide better live video streaming than Ustream, Wowza and twitch.tv services are. The open source, P2P, decentralized GadgetNet will be able to offer significantly cheaper and some magnitudes scalable live video streaming than the centralized providers.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10

Is it correct that there is no limited supply / predictable supply curve for Gadgetcoin? In other words: Will the return always be limited to the 300% gain from buying ore via a VICR contract to selling them latter on the market where demand is created by models (or other users of the network) that have to pay a 5% network fee in Gadgetcoins? Or is the supply limited and and the price per Gadgetcoin to pay the 5% fee varies?

The latest one. The VICR contracts are not available any more, the number of coins are limited to 97,000 and this number will be decreasing due to the buy back & burn process. It is entirely possible that if the platform will be doing well and will be popular, and in the meantime the forging will be low then the Gadgetcoin price could go very-very high. Let say if there will be only 10,000 coins and there are thousands of users who must pay network fee then the price of GDC must be adjusted to reflect the supply/demand ratio in the price. We are working on a pricing algorithm - this will be a public contract in the blockchain - which will take into account supply, demand as well as exchange prices to determine the price that the end-users (broadcasters) must pay for a Gadgetcoin.

http://blog.gadgetcoin.org/2015/06/gadgetnets-publicprivate-blockchain-concept/ I didn't fully get this. I understand and agree with your analysis on privacy requirements with IoT applications but I didn't understand how your realize privacy but still use a blockchain? You didn't explain how the public and the private blockchains you mention are used within the system (bigger picture).

You are quite right that this (too) has not been explained clearly, and we are working on a new version of the white paper to address this topic among others.
If you check the blockchain explorer that will probably explain how the system implements the public/private blockchain concept. The blockchain in GadgetNet is a financial and contract ledger. For example, all VICR contracts are in the blockchain, and when you look at your own VICR contracts then you can see all details as all data are exposed to the UI - we say, this is your private blockchain when all financial details are visible for yourself, the owner of the transaction. If you create an other user account and you log in using that account, then you will see the account details of your purchase are not in the public blockchain. You will see someone paid x amount for the VICR contract, but in order to protect the privacy of the payee, the account name is not revealed (nor the public key based signature which would allow data mining and figuring out who is the owner). On the other hand, the recipient of the VICR money is fully auditable, but the VICR is a special case because we wanted to make the process absolutely transparent. With the video broadcasting, perhaps understandably, the models' earnings won't be public, but the total earnings all models will be transparent in the public blockchain, so the users will be able to audit how much network fee must be collecting each day.
In a nutshell, the private/public blockchain is the presentation of data based on access control policies - others have no right to review how much e.g. adult content you have purchased. It is in the blockchain that a user bought some adult content from an other user, but the details of the transaction are only visible to the parties of the transaction.
Thanks for raising this point, experts are working on clarifications with regards to this topic for the white paper which will be hopefully cleaner than the above explanation.

Since you have a p2p protocol for sharing video streams I would be curious what you think about this: https://github.com/bytemaster/bytemaster.github.io/blob/master/_posts/2015-01-10-Thoughts-on-MaidSafe-and-an-Alternative-Approach.md It's been a wile since I read it but as far as I remember it says that the only advantage of doing file sharing via a p2p network is being cencorship resistant but even that could be achieved with a centralized solution (see the article). I'd add security/privacy as an advantage here.

That's absolutely right, the privacy and security is a USP. We are working on a nice application that uses I2P and P2P, this will be particularly useful for investigating journalists and a whistleblowers, or at the other side of the fence for military and security agents - there is no central server, noe Skype, no Viber and the video session is untraceable using I2P, P2P and encrypted streams. P2P, PPK infrastructure and I2P allows full anonymity, the data integrity is guaranteed as well as the data being secured.

However, the big one is not this, but the scalability. Bytemaster, Daniel Larimer is a genius but I assume live video streaming isn't his main area of expertises and probably he hasn't realized that the main problem with centralized live video streaming such as Ustream, twitch.tv and Wowza that centralized live stream can't scale very well. Even VOD streaming (Netflix) required a billion dollar investment to have the infrastructure to serve millions of users and that is not live but "only" VOD. Millions of servers would be required to broadcast the Olympic opening ceremony to several hundreds million viewers, and hundreds of thousands servers to live stream the Super Bowl if that would be Internet based broadcasting and such infrastructure just doesn't exists. P2P live video streaming solves the scalability issue. Some users in this thread quoted the inventor of bittorrent Bram Cohen (please see the links), and we agree with him that P2P live streaming can revolutionize the whole TV industry

http://bit.ly/1HQxZUa
http://bit.ly/1KSaZEX

Where can I see the code?

Soon at github. We will be rolling it out step by step. This is a system written from scratch and we want to make sure that a stable content is released.

Activity: 441
Pages:
Jump to: