Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Genstake [GEN] [QT WALLET UPDATE] [STAKE-MINE] [SCRYPT] [FULL POW/POS] - page 22. (Read 37104 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Out of respect I haven't been naming them, but I asked for permission to let everyone here know who holds those coins so that everyone can rest a little easier.

It's ocminer Smiley

He sent me a message saying "Sure, no problem, you can tell in the thread. The last I want is to hurt the coin in any way, so good luck with the development and all the best"

We're going to make sure his stake doesn't hurt the coin, and frankly, ocminer having a significant stake in the coin, in my opinion, is a good thing anyway. So, with that mystery solved and solutions in place, onwards!
Alright,

They have agreed to move 20k to a private wallet. That means the staking difficulty will fall, and the coin distribution will balance out across everyone in the staking network. They'll still be the #1 holder, but they will ultimately hold much less than 50% of the coin and the distribution through staking will be much more balanced moving forward.

http://gen.altexplorers.info:3011/tx/4350527cc7996a19fc91b1aacd2496a3b81f195740fa6cc1200cbbc18e6a91a2
Found it. It IS a pool. I'm contacting the pool op privately in the hopes that we can find a solution.

They're offline for now, but given who the pool op is I'm confident that we will be able to find an amicable solution for everyone. As far as I'm concerned, those coins couldn't be in more trusted hands at the moment.
Found it. It IS a pool. I'm contacting the pool op privately in the hopes that we can find a solution.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
ah mental state needs hard fork
That's interesting. I've been noticing small sends coming off of it. Like this one:

http://gen.altexplorers.info:3011/tx/45e92e504ec76353ee4a8576497d8a08182d2484169a5f584a06e07e4d436e3c

Are one of the pools staking?

Nope. Just checked all the pools. None of them are minting the blocks that address is.
That's interesting. I've been noticing small sends coming off of it. Like this one:

http://gen.altexplorers.info:3011/tx/45e92e504ec76353ee4a8576497d8a08182d2484169a5f584a06e07e4d436e3c

Are one of the pools staking?
did this coin hits any of the exchange yet

A small new one. I don't know how trustworthy it is yet, it's still unproven as far as I'm concerned.

https://cryptotrade.exchange/trade/GEN/BTC
For what it's worth, I believe this is a direct result of the fork issue. For a few hours yesterday when the pools forked away, there were many people, about 10 or so, myself included, that remained connected to the primary nodes and were staking fine. Everyone on that 'staking' fork lost a huge number of coins when I dropped that fork and connected to the fork that the miners were on. It's possible, if not probable, that the only way a staker could have remained connected to that mining fork was if they were also actively mining themselves - and kept all their coins, gaining a significant advantage compared to those that lost their coins, when I connected us to that fork.

It's hard to say since the block explorer we have only shows the last 20 transactions in an address history. But that's what I suspect. Not that it makes much difference now.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
did this coin hits any of the exchange yet
should put some buy orders to be dumped then LOL
I hate to agree, I really do, but unless the top holder comes forward and either dumps or sells off about 70% of their holdings to a dozen or so other people, the future of the coin is grim. There's not much I, or any one else can do to stop it at this point.

Hopefully the holder does do something though, because unless they significantly reduce or redistribute their holdings to other people, then their coins wont be worth anything. I'm sorry to say, Genstake just can't survive with any single person holding over 50% of the coinbase.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Mining difficulty has dropped to 1.6, and there's approximately 165mhash on the network. All the pools in the OP are active, but with no miners.

This is a good thing if you're looking for an opportunity to get in. 1440 coins are getting released each day through traditional mining. That doesn't sound like a lot, but it doesn't take a lot to get in on the staking system and get the ball rolling with bigger payouts. This is still early days. This isn't your average POW/POS coin. The people with lots of coins right now had to fight against 200+ difficulty. Now, here today, just as many coins are getting out into the system through POW and POS, but now the difficulty to get in through POW is low. Low enough for average Joe to get a chance to eventually get enough coins to compete on the POS network.

And that's the beauty of the system. It's never too late to get in. And the people that are already in had to work significantly harder to get in. But the door is, and always will be open for more.

The reward might be 20x more, but today the difficulty to get in is over 100x less.

Edit: Oh, and there's 32 connections to the network.

dev, is this your first coin? it is really shit.

early miners are staking all the coins. no one has a chance. dead coin.

Yes, top address is mining and also staking.

http://gen.altexplorers.info:3011/address/GPCveRN2FRWCf7eG7osZFVS57RvYbNn3Dt

65.88% of coins.

Very centralized and dead.
Newbie to POS coins, do I have to do anything other than deposit it in my running QT wallet and let it sit to stake?

just wait for the coin to mature n find a block
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Newbie to POS coins, do I have to do anything other than deposit it in my running QT wallet and let it sit to stake?
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
@BinPool - wallet update to version - v1.0.1.0
Activity: 625
Merit: 501

is this your first fud? it is really shit.

i'm not an early miner and i am staking just fine.

edit: 600 left to sell now send me message.
Any news about a block explorer?

I just got a message from someone that's putting one up. Will post asap when I hear back that it's live.
Mining difficulty has dropped to 1.6, and there's approximately 165mhash on the network. All the pools in the OP are active, but with no miners.

This is a good thing if you're looking for an opportunity to get in. 1440 coins are getting released each day through traditional mining. That doesn't sound like a lot, but it doesn't take a lot to get in on the staking system and get the ball rolling with bigger payouts. This is still early days. This isn't your average POW/POS coin. The people with lots of coins right now had to fight against 200+ difficulty. Now, here today, just as many coins are getting out into the system through POW and POS, but now the difficulty to get in through POW is low. Low enough for average Joe to get a chance to eventually get enough coins to compete on the POS network.

And that's the beauty of the system. It's never too late to get in. And the people that are already in had to work significantly harder to get in. But the door is, and always will be open for more.

The reward might be 20x more, but today the difficulty to get in is over 100x less.

Edit: Oh, and there's 32 connections to the network.

maybe early holders
Activity: 686
Any news about a block explorer?
Pages:
Jump to: