Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Genstake [GEN] [QT WALLET UPDATE] [STAKE-MINE] [SCRYPT] [FULL POW/POS] - page 18. (Read 37104 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Is this coin on any exchanges?
not yet, waiting for YObit.

I am not waiting for yobit or similar. If they missed to add it already i think now is better to have a better exchange at last
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Is this coin on any exchanges?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Part of the reason that the staking is smooth, even for people with relatively few coins, is because the longer it takes you to stake, the more weight your coins have on the network.

This is tantamount to mining POW blocks and having your hashrate slowly rise until you actually manage to hit a block for yourself.
I'm staking for a while now and want to buy some more, do we have a exchange?

Not that i know of, the only exchange having GEN listed is using outdated wallet, but i love how smooth the staking is. I am sure that once more people will know about the coin a big number of them will want to hold some of these coins.

I've been contacting all the exchanges for a day or so since I think it will help with marketing. In the meantime I know some people are trading privately with friends and through PM's.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Not that i know of, the only exchange having GEN listed is using outdated wallet, but i love how smooth the staking is. I am sure that once more people will know about the coin a big number of them will want to hold some of these coins.
Activity: 431
Activity: 85
A Miner and Advocate for other Miners.
Did the increase in POW reward to 5 coins increase total coin supply?  Sorry for the Noob question.

Not really. It increased the number of coins that will be produced by 1m coins, but the 15m was always a high estimate that respected the possibility of a large percentage of POS blocks over POW blocks. In a 50% POW / 50% POS the actual maximum with 5 coins in POW is 13140000 coins - so there's still a lot of headroom in the case of imbalances.

Why would there be an imbalance? Well it's likely over the years that people with relatively high hash will jump on and off the POW network, and speeding up and slowing down POW Block creation. This fluctuation will be random and the only way I could account for it was to leave maxcoins a relatively large percentage too high. There is a mathematical limit to the number of coins that can possibly be produced, and that number is probably much less than 15 million, but in the unlikely event that it isn't there's a 15m hardcap anyway.

Thx!   Grin
Anyone having trouble syncing for the first time should use:

connect=node1.genstake.com
connect=node2.genstake.com
connect=node3.genstake.com
connect=node4.genstake.com

in their genstake.conf file.

This will make your wallet sync ONLY with the nodes. Apparently there's still a few people running off the old forks from around block 500. You can remove those lines once you're sync'd up to connect to the broader network.

Unfortunately they never upgraded their wallet, so they forked off. They wont get the coins you send, and you can't get the coins you buy there, until they update their wallet and resync. I've already messaged them and had no response. They only have 2 connections and their blockheight is a hundred higher than the official one.

Please don't use them until this is corrected. You'll know by looking at their status page:

https://cryptotrade.exchange/status

When they fix it, they will have more than 2 connections and their block count will match the block explorer.
legendary
Activity: 999
Merit: 1000
There was a time not every coin got insta added and dumped the first day or week, true
story.
Activity: 638
No exchange it means not many people are interested in your coin.
Move on !!
legendary
Activity: 999
Merit: 1000
Also, anyone worried about ocminer's holdings -

Remember that godawful 65%+ he had that only kept rising? Well it's dropped to 33% in THREE DAYS. And it will keep dropping as long as he has mining competition. What about other people with top spots.

Check this address:

http://gen.altexplorers.info:3011/address/GX1ARedqVtBQPm9WxF3ET7Yf9Kc3iNECZu

Anonymous solo miner. As of writing this, in the last 20 blocks this person has hit,  16 were mined and 4 were staked. This is the number 6 holder on the network, and they keep going up.

What about this one?

http://gen.altexplorers.info:3011/address/GgXMxzpG4Bvr8XKuoKhGQsP1ZBWqV3DdFS

Here we have an anonymous pool miner. For them, of the last 20 transactions, 15 were 25+ coins received from mining on the pool and 5 were staked. This person is the #7 biggest holder.

The point is that the people near the top that keep rising on the rich list, who are supposedly getting most of their coins from staking, aren't. They're actually getting most of them from mining. Something to think about.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014
Spanish thread updated guys.
For anyone just joining us,

108,000 coins are going to be released EVERY MONTH through POW. More than enough for people to be competitive in POS. Also, while POS people have to compete with everyone else that has coins, people mining POW only have to compete with each-other. Ultimately the people that hold the top % share in Genstake will be the people that mine and stake continuously. Also, people participating in POS can't move large portions of their coins at all without having their weight on the network drop like a rock - setting them back for hours or even days against the rest of the network.

There's only been 120,000 coins released so far, and because of the original timing issue - we've actually had about 8 days worth of blocks.

There's still lots of coins to be had, and over time the distribution is going to grow very broad, and the top of the rich list is going to shuffle around many times.
TOL please install a open donation address @ OP for development etc.
Dev, any news with this address ?

Added to the bottom of the OP.
send 250 GEN , glad be able to support this coin  Grin

Thanks!
Activity: 271

send 250 GEN , glad be able to support this coin  Grin

Pages:
Jump to: