Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [GLB]Globe – One Currency for One Globe - Polished and Ready for Action - page 7. (Read 113546 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
If your in-charge of some major Globe infrastructure you can compile your daemon using the updated source code here :

Daemon for the Globe Blockchain Explorer updated!

Would you mind adding a link in the first post? given it's the only Globe explorer AFAICT, the other is just a crawler with no info per address or transaction details Smiley

Also if the admin for suprnova.cc is reading this, his server clock has drifted in the future (which is why blocks appear in the explorer dated in the future)

Nice one! Didn't know that explorer yet!
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030
If your in-charge of some major Globe infrastructure you can compile your daemon using the updated source code here :

Daemon for the Globe Blockchain Explorer updated!

Would you mind adding a link in the first post? given it's the only Globe explorer AFAICT, the other is just a crawler with no info per address or transaction details Smiley

Also if the admin for suprnova.cc is reading this, his server clock has drifted in the future (which is why blocks appear in the explorer dated in the future)
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Please update wallets to Globe-0.8.3.1  - Heartbleed fixed and new Checkpoints

You can find the new QT wallets here : http://globecrypto.com/?page_id=6653

These new versions have been compiled with the fixed Openssl and have new checkpoints.

Again, shout-out to maxpower for the Mac wallet.

If your in-charge of some major Globe infrastructure you can compile your daemon using the updated source code here : http://github.com/Sphere2013/GlobeCrypto

If you have any issues feel free to post. Smiley . Remember if you have issues syncing their is a guide at the bottom of the download page.

Also, does your old wallet indicate you are using an old version ? Please tell me so I know if I should inform exchanges,pool OPs etc or if they will find out themselves due to the warning on the old wallet.

Thanks
Sphere
Hi everyone,

I am aware of the Openssl Heartbleed issue and our wallets are affected. This is a security issue that occurred with one of the dependencies we use to compile (Openssl). To my understanding the security issue is only limited to those that use their wallet to connect over RPC etc.

Major infrastructure such as exchanges and pools may not be affected as they tend to compile the daemon themselves and I don't know what Openssl they used to compile. 

New versions of Globe will be released soon with Openssl 1.0.1g (Patched to prevent Heartbleed) plus the new version will have some new checkpoints Smiley .

Also note, the next release will have a unrelated version number as I have discovered the version system used in the original Bitcoin. I will use that method instead of just setting the versions myself. This should also notify other users on the network to update their wallets once live hence not needing me to collect e-mails.

Thanks
Sphere
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Introducing the first merchant to accept Globe!

Imagine a merchant. A merchant that allowed you to buy anything you like, with amazing ease, unmatchable speed, and unparalleled service. This was once a thought in the minds of many, now put into reality. At Shop Crypto, we provide this otherworldly service; all payments will be accepted in cryptocurrency, and in the same time providing you with the finest of goods.

Discussion thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6089180

Come visit the store:

www.shop-crypto.webs.com

Thanks for reading.

Kindest regards,

Gladimor

CEO, Shop Crypto

The First Full-Market Merchant
we really need something quite special in order to push this coin forward, other than just bounties.

Hi,

If you have any feature requests or would like something specific feel free to make a post here :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/glb-globe-features-you-would-like-in-a-cryptocurrency-suggest-ideas-515988

Your request will be considered Smiley .

Thanks
Sphere
Activity: 127
we really need something quite special in order to push this coin forward, other than just bounties.
Hi all,

Could we please get some more miners over to Maxminers.

Suprnova is a great pool but we just need to spread the hash.

So what are you waiting for ? send some of your ASIC/GPU power to Maxminers

Thanks
Sphere
Hi everyone,

Just started a bounty thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557435.new#new

Pretty much anything to earn you Globe's  ! Everything from re-tweets to starting a charity can earn you GLB !

Activity: 353
When I try to compile the Globe wallet on linux I get an error. Cannot setup a pool

Any ideas?

serialize.h:369:19: fatal error: gmpxx.h: No such file or directory
 #include

Hi,

You just need the following package :

sudo apt-get install libmpfr-dev libmpfr4

That should solve it Smiley . If you have any more issues feel free to post

Thank you! That worked. Cheesy U sooo smaaart! Cheesy Cheesy
When I try to compile the Globe wallet on linux I get an error. Cannot setup a pool

Any ideas?

#include

Hi,

You just need the following package :

sudo apt-get install libmpfr-dev libmpfr4

That should solve it Smiley . If you have any more issues feel free to post
Activity: 353

Any ideas?

#include
I am trying to understand the specifics of this coin.

the Globe Reserve

PSM

Please explain. 
They seem to be essential properties of this coin. But difficult to find the explanations.

I suggest you publish one paragraph each,
on the OP of this thread, and on the foundation website.

thx  Wink

Hi,

The reason you can't find info on these two features is because they have been scrapped Wink .

alright, that makes sense then. What a pity.

What is now special about GLB ?

Yeah, there was some hefty discussion about that Smiley

GLB is special since it is now the only coin with a dedicated development/marketing fund, which is paid by the tax on the mining. The tax is still quite high at the moment, but will go down when the value of GLB rises. The tax ensures the long term development and stability of the coin.
Activity: 826
see my profile

the Globe Reserve

PSM

Please explain. 
They seem to be essential properties of this coin. But difficult to find the explanations.

thx  Wink

Hi,

The reason you can't find info on these two features is because they have been scrapped Wink .

alright, that makes sense then. What a pity.

What is now special about GLB ?
For everyone who wants some cheap GLB, there is 23k for sale at 8k satoshi!

Also, some really cheap buy order are getting fulfilled...
legendary
Yep just had a look not gone through for some reason, sent you a little more you will probably end up with both but enjoy Smiley .
Thanks!  Grin

Your point regarding the pools is valid. Miners, can some of you pool miners switch to https://globe.maxminers.net/. It's important we distribute the hash rate to reduce the possibility of 51% attack !

Also the server at https://globe.suprnova.cc/ is apparently having trouble to keep up (cf. notice posted there), meaning miners are probably losing out.

The difficulty chart clearly shows there has been an influx of hashing power for the last two weeks, and the trend is a steady rise.
Blockchain explorer is now synchronized at http://chainz.cryptoid
.info/glb/

I've also setup the pools, though one pool has 100% of network, so it's not very varied Smiley

> If you feel it's worth a GLB bounty -> 1Q6AtXkYs4zAuL3pHuuxs2DoFRHGv48uog thanks!

Good work ! Sent you a little something   Wink

Hmm, didn't get through apparently?

Hi,

Yep just had a look not gone through for some reason, sent you a little more you will probably end up with both but enjoy Smiley .

Your point regarding the pools is valid. Miners, can some of you pool miners switch to https://globe.maxminers.net/. It's important we distribute the hash rate to reduce the possibility of 51% attack !

Thanks
Sphere

the Globe Reserve

PSM

Please explain. 

thx  Wink

Hi,

legendary
Blockchain explorer is now synchronized at http://chainz.cryptoid.info/glb/

I've also setup the pools, though one pool has 100% of network, so it's not very varied Smiley

> If you feel it's worth a GLB bounty -> 1Q6AtXkYs4zAuL3pHuuxs2DoFRHGv48uog thanks!

Good work ! Sent you a little something   Wink

Hmm, didn't get through apparently?
Activity: 826
see my profile

the Globe Reserve

PSM

Please explain. 

thx  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: