Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] HardCider - One hell of a bite! - X13/PoS|Bounties| On Exchange - page 16. (Read 38726 times)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100
If we can setup an official IRC I can call in my buds to help with bounties.

I'd like that too. Plus it's nice since the password usually gets posted in IRC quickly.
Activity: 166
Can't believe my art is being used for the coin! <3
Activity: 210

HardCider added to becausePool!

https://becausepool.com/index.php?coin=whc
stratum.becausepool.com:3398

Rent some x13 hash power at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/
If we can setup an official IRC I can call in my buds to help with bounties.
also change the subreddit!
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Op updated with all info
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
How about the roaming folder/conf name, will they be HardCider now? Just making sure.
will someone set up an irc?
Feel free to change the pic from my shitty coin art lol. I know you guys can do a lot better job than mine!
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Ok, here is the deal. The revised coin-qt file is DONE and uploading now. All images and names of woodchuckhardcider have been changed. Gibcitys' image is being used as it is definitely protected under fair use. The website has been updated to reflect this change. The release IS NOT affected. If you downloaded the old client, it will still work just fine (although you should update anyway). The password for the new client .rar file is the same as the old; it will be revealed at release. The node is up and running fine.

Will update the op as soon as the client is uploaded.

Nice to see devs on the ball near launch Smiley
Ok, here is the deal. The revised coin-qt file is DONE and uploading now. All images and names of woodchuckhardcider have been changed. Gibcitys' image is being used as it is definitely protected under fair use. The website has been updated to reflect this change. The release IS NOT affected. If you downloaded the old client, it will still work just fine (although you should update anyway). The password for the new client .rar file is the same as the old; it will be revealed at release. The node is up and running fine.

Will update the op as soon as the client is uploaded.
jox
Activity: 681
Merit: 500
will be changed conf file name too? (woodchuckhardcider.conf)
Activity: 144
I think you'd better change the Name ...because there is no such thing as "fair use"  when it come down to outright copyright infringement. You have no right to attempt to sell, use, offer or profit upon someone else's intellectual property. Just because your a fan ....try that with Coca Cola coin and see how far you get.   Anyone who mines or invests in a copyright infringing coin will lose in the long run.     So yes to Hard Cider Coin (generics are no problem)  and NO to WoodChuckHardCider coin  an infringing name destined to get into legal trouble coin .....Consult an attorney for the possibly damages you may incur if you don't believe it.

So is this going to be changed before the release? Basically I'm asking if we should anticipate downloading the wallet again or the current (password protected) one should be fine for launch?
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
How does everyone feel about changing the name to 'HardCider'? We can still keep the WHC currency code. We will change the startup splashscreen to Gibcity's image on page 2. Gibcity, pm me and we can set up some coins for you.

HardCider,  Smiley i like it
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I think you'd better change the Name ...because there is no such thing as "fair use"  when it come down to outright copyright infringement. You have no right to attempt to sell, use, offer or profit upon someone else's intellectual property. Just because your a fan ....try that with Coca Cola coin and see how far you get.   Anyone who mines or invests in a copyright infringing coin will lose in the long run.     So yes to Hard Cider Coin (generics are no problem)  and NO to WoodChuckHardCider coin  an infringing name destined to get into legal trouble coin .....Consult an attorney for the possibly damages you may incur if you don't believe it.
How does everyone feel about changing the name to 'HardCider'? We can still keep the WHC currency code. We will change the startup splashscreen to Gibcity's image on page 2. Gibcity, pm me and we can set up some coins for you.
Activity: 15
I remember hearing that the bigger exchanges (Mintpal, Bittrex, Polo, Cryptsy) will not add any coins that have a potential copyright infringement.. What are your plans to get around this so we can trade our coin and buy some cold beers/ciders?

I agree here. We should change the name to woodchuckcoin or something. We still focus on a coin for cider beer. Essentially, there are three ways to avoid or defend yourself against a copyright infringement suit if you are using someone else material: ask for permission, prove that your work falls under First Amendment free speech protection, or show that it is fair use. One of the ways to use the fair use defense is to show that your work is a parody or satirical in nature.
It's been a loooong time since I've played around with photoshop.
Pages:
Jump to: