Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [HONEY] Honey 2.0 - Featuring PoS 3.0 - Sweet! - page 12. (Read 98328 times)

Activity: 233
Merit: 100
i wonder when the honey dev come here to give a update like he say back a month ago. i thought he have big surprise for us but nothing so far, i hope he come here soon with a update or a roadmap for this year because i like to see where honey is going this year.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
none of the links work to the bootstrap, wallet doesnt sync, is this coin dead..?

Even for me the wallet was not syncing first then I downloaded the blockchain and its working now. This guide helped me with the Honey wallet setup
Also I found a Guide to Mine Honey coins

Thanks for re-posting these guides as they will help a lot of new people coming into Honey. Maybe the dev can add these to the OP so its easier for people to find them as I got so many messages about this but never knew where they were on this thread. So putting them on the OP will help out in  a big way as I can then re-direct people straight to the OP instead of telling them to go through the thread where the honey set up is.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
none of the links work to the bootstrap, wallet doesnt sync, is this coin dead..?

Even for me the wallet was not syncing first then I downloaded the blockchain and its working now. This guide helped me with the Honey wallet setup

Thank you I finally got the wallet to sync..
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

The coin's not dead -- people are actively mining and staking this chain.  The wallet does need some scrutiny, TLC, or adjustment though; it's a pain for people to get this wallet to sync... (incorporating a bootstrap and hoping the wallet will sync and then allow staking).

I've got to retract my earlier hypothesis: there perhaps isn't a third (private) Honey pool.  The difficulty readjustment algo for the PoW just gets bumped upward (so that the network hash is estimated to be a figure much larger than the actual hash) by people sending the bulk of the hash to Coffeepool until a point-of-diminishing-returns is reached.  If people mined more adaptively (by balancing the load out at either Cryptohub or solo-mining when these would be more reasonable [based on the probability and the hash-distribution at a given moment or personal-preference]) it would result in a greater frequency of mined blocks instead of staked ones -- which would be good for the miners... maybe not so much for the staking  Grin.

In short, doggy-piling into just that one pool pushes the mining more out of reach for all the miners (if people are mining to earn Honey they'll mine greater amounts if they don't make it so easy for the staking to win the next block).  There's plenty of time for the PoS-ing to take over completely after block 500,000.
Activity: 105
So I've been trying to figure out how to buy some actual honey with honeycoin.

Would anyone like to do the following?

You buy honey from a local producer and mail it to me, I live in Canada if that matters. I want it to be purchased directly from a producer, no supermarket mass produced stuff.

I send you the cost of the honey plus a reasonable fee for shipping and handling in honeycoin.  (I imagine something around $25USD is reasonable)

PM me if interested

I'll post pics of the honey in this thread once I get it

I think this is a great idea, so maybe the dev can set up a website where Honey producers can sell their honey direct to the public using Honey coins. This could be huge and I think it will be a great concept once the honey producers get on board with the idea, when I say honey producers I mean bee keepers. I prefer my honey direct from bee keepers as well as the honey tastes so much better then the mass produced honey we all buy at the supermarket. There is so much we can do with this coin when it comes to the honey/bee industry as nothing like this is being done at the moment. Now is the time to act on this while no other coin is doing this.

Good luck my friend! Hopefully someone takes you up on your offer.
Activity: 18
So I've been trying to figure out how to buy some actual honey with honeycoin.

Would anyone like to do the following?

You buy honey from a local producer and mail it to me, I live in Canada if that matters. I want it to be purchased directly from a producer, no supermarket mass produced stuff.

I send you the cost of the honey plus a reasonable fee for shipping and handling in honeycoin.  (I imagine something around $25USD is reasonable)

PM me if interested

I'll post pics of the honey in this thread once I get it
I really like how the coin is setup, but come on.. no website? We'll be watching, best of luck.

The dev will be working a lot more on Honey this year from what I understand. The problem is that the dev also has taken over another coin last year Blas so he was spending most of his time on that coin. Now I think he will be turning his attention onto Honey so we must be patient as I'm sure we'll start to see some work done on the project soon. In the meantime we can all stake and earn some nice rewards.

patience is a virtue. get your cheap honey while it lasts
I really like how the coin is setup, but come on.. no website? We'll be watching, best of luck.

The dev will be working a lot more on Honey this year from what I understand. The problem is that the dev also has taken over another coin last year Blas so he was spending most of his time on that coin. Now I think he will be turning his attention onto Honey so we must be patient as I'm sure we'll start to see some work done on the project soon. In the meantime we can all stake and earn some nice rewards.
Activity: 46
Activity: 9
managed to get the wallet to sync, there's a newer link to the blockchain data, provided by heratys111 (page 56)

the dev team can provide at their site the blockchain data together with the wallet software for new users
Hello. What is the official website of Honey coin?

http://honeycoin.info

It's just a placeholder right now, we all assume dev is working on it as we speak.

Activity: 95
Hello. What is the official website of Honey coin?
I want to buy some actual honey with my honeycoin

Ideally direct from a producer

Any ideas?

That is also something I would like to do in the future with my honey coins. This will be unique for a cryptocurrency to do this so hopefully the dev has some plans on making this happen. We are still waiting on this big news announcement which I hope isn't too much longer now.
Activity: 9

here's a bootstrap to block 164592

honeybootstrap164592.dat.zip

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j8d4FSc7drRkNYYllBNmxac3M

quick instructions.
delete everything in yr datadirectory EXCEPT yr wallet.dat << back it up while you're there

unzip honeybootstrap164592.dat.zip and rename to bootstrap.dat
put bootstrap.dat into your datadirectory
open Honey wallet

if it does not fully load on first go, you can close your wallet,
rename the bootstrap again (bootstrap.dat.old >> bootstrap.dat)
restart wallet and it will continue from where it ended

if you are on correct chain,
but cannot sync you can leave the contents in your datadirectory alone,
and just put the bootstrap in, it will continue from where you are up to.

new bootstrap up to block 173048
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j8d4FSc7drLXNEbmc1WHZqR28

direct link
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B5j8d4FSc7drLXNEbmc1WHZqR28

This procedure "fixed" my wallet and got me staking and passed the syncing errors.

Correct Honey chain and conf available here : https://media.cryptoinfo.net/media/honey-chain-723

It seems that getting the bootstrap data is the only way so far to solve the sync problem (getting the latest wallet does not help in syncing even though you can get many connections). But the links quoted above to download the bootstrap do not work, they all end up "Not Found" (this has been the case for the past 24 hours).

Is there any other link to get the bootstrap data, or there any other way to get the wallet to sync (though getting connections is not a problem)?
I want to buy some actual honey with my honeycoin

Ideally direct from a producer

Any ideas?

Activity: 243
Merit: 100
This might be a stupid question as this is one of the first staking coins I'm getting into, but what's the point of the "getstakesubsidy" rpc command.  Shouldn't staking profits be automatically added to my balance?

I dunno really. Did a quick Archie Query Form search and found this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/4422su/raw_commands_for_staking/

I tried asking Jeeves but he just ignored me, just muttered something about a Lycos Excite burger with a side of Dogpile, sounds very gross.
This might be a stupid question as this is one of the first staking coins I'm getting into, but what's the point of the "getstakesubsidy" rpc command.  Shouldn't staking profits be automatically added to my balance?
Activity: 6

here's a bootstrap to block 164592

honeybootstrap164592.dat.zip

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j8d4FSc7drRkNYYllBNmxac3M

quick instructions.
delete everything in yr datadirectory EXCEPT yr wallet.dat << back it up while you're there

unzip honeybootstrap164592.dat.zip and rename to bootstrap.dat
put bootstrap.dat into your datadirectory
open Honey wallet

if it does not fully load on first go, you can close your wallet,
rename the bootstrap again (bootstrap.dat.old >> bootstrap.dat)
restart wallet and it will continue from where it ended

if you are on correct chain,
but cannot sync you can leave the contents in your datadirectory alone,
and just put the bootstrap in, it will continue from where you are up to.

new bootstrap up to block 173048
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j8d4FSc7drLXNEbmc1WHZqR28

direct link
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B5j8d4FSc7drLXNEbmc1WHZqR28

This procedure "fixed" my wallet and got me staking and passed the syncing errors.
Pages:
Jump to: