Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] HUSH Secure Private Transactions [Equihash][Community Project] - page 7. (Read 232926 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 133
bobdeposit: HUSH a77410356809191dfc3dd67505cc54c7cebae59a4f30bda1efd2a1989dae7ab9

alicepayment: KMD aaecfa5db040a11a5891954ef4a013e7a3d18686e3fd729500d64fdcbf0ce895
bobspend: KMD de853487b05a1c03105371c1a5ad8e5b31640c8604f5ef185362ba24b97411db

bobpayment: HUSH 5b48190ff25613f8319adb5a2b2d8314991de715bacffd337b3fa175f53e4dfa
alicespend: HUSH 20e480a3e1e600b7832ef35dcfec099045721278140c2977d2a171664bdb84d2

bobrefund: HUSH db9557e40866b22bf85f58d28053cabc5d8ca1a97ab3a4a3f07ec6a9462d8a77

Above is what I believe to be the first atomic cross chain swap between two zcash forks. I initiated it with a single autotrade command on the alice side. The bob side required to deposit some HUSH into the smartaddress derived from passphrase and to post a price for HUSH/KMD

Activity: 615
Merit: 500
I'm calling scam on suprnova

For several days I've been mining at over 20kSol/s, I've consistenlty got 25% less than expected.
I only have a small time farm, yet I'm the biggest contributer, which is already a major red flag.

STAY AWAY
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Vvuskew8TmTEVLSTRhbFREdHM

Luck has been bad... to the tune of your missing 20-25%

I too feel something isn't right with this pool. To lazy to go into details but I was excepting much more from my cards. Is there another good pool.

It's funny that people always call scam at first sight though all the stats are widely open to the public.

1. Where do you get the information from that you should earn 25% more?

2. Did you check the luck of the pool? Was it bad during the time you were mining? Then just wait a bit longer and you will enjoy good luck as well because after bad periods always good periods come.

3. Did you try other pools? Is it better there? Then you're free to stay there and spread the hash around.

Running the pools is far more difficult then some people might think, I'm doing it for quite some time and I know what I'm doing. I'm doing it as an enthusiast and I don't scam people. I appreciate any Form of constructive criticism, but calling just plain idiotic 'scaaaam' without any background knowledge is really unfair.

People don't understand luck and variance, enough.  The online calculators predict what the payout should be with 100% luck. No pool can sustain that all the time.  

EXACTLY. Well said. People check the calc and dont even add in all the fees they KNOW they are paying and STILL bitch lol.

Hey guess what... you are paying 1% pool fee... like 2% miner fee or 5%+ if you disable optimizations... you draw out at 1 HUSH balance, 1% more lost in tx fee... pool has ~92% efficiency... 8% more lost in orphaned or stale shares...

That is 12% - 15% most don't even bother to account for in the calc... just add 10% to your POOL FEE and live with that estimate. Adjust per pool as you see the figures for efficiency and luck/variance. You wont be disappointed again.

If you mine BTC on a small pool with two small miners for a year, you learn these things  Grin
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1094
How do I calculate the reward per hour (number of coins) for a given hashrate for the Hush coin?

For Zcash (Equihash) and similar I can use:
RewardPerHour = ((Hashrate * BlockReward) / (Difficulty * 2^13)) * 3600

These coins have a linear dependency on the current Difficulty. However, how can I do similar calculations for Hush?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Have a few noob questions regarding hush wallet...

Is the username in the zdash.conf file just any username or does it have to match your address?

Do you need to keep your hush wallet open while mining?

Yeah, your username can be anything you want in zdash.conf, and no, you don't have to keep your wallet open if you don't want to.  Smiley

can someone post a good pool for this coin

I find Miningspeed pool the best, 0,3% fees with no registration required

http://pool.miningspeed.com/

You can find other pools at https://myhush.org/
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Hi ,
when initially running the wallet after the verifying proving key window i get an error

''A general unexpected critical error has occurred:
com.eclipsesource.json.ParseException: Expected value at 1:1
See the console output for more detailed error information!''

anyone any idea how to fix this ?
thanks

Yes, in the location: C:\Users\Your_Windows_User_Name\AppData\Roaming
Where you created directory(new folder):
zdash
You should've created a text file and named it:
 zdash.conf

You need to save this text file as "all files" which will turn your text file into a config file

Thank you that solved it.
Activity: 3
Have a few noob questions regarding hush wallet...

Is the username in the zdash.conf file just any username or does it have to match your address?

Do you need to keep your hush wallet open while mining?
Activity: 630

For several days I've been mining at over 20kSol/s, I've consistenlty got 25% less than expected.
I only have a small time farm, yet I'm the biggest contributer, which is already a major red flag.

STAY AWAY

I too feel something isn't right with this pool. To lazy to go into details but I was excepting much more from my cards. Is there another good pool.

It's funny that people always call scam at first sight though all the stats are widely open to the public.

2. Did you check the luck of the pool? Was it bad during the time you were mining? Then just wait a bit longer and you will enjoy good luck as well because after bad periods always good periods come.

3. Did you try other pools? Is it better there? Then you're free to stay there and spread the hash around.

Running the pools is far more difficult then some people might think, I'm doing it for quite some time and I know what I'm doing. I'm doing it as an enthusiast and I don't scam people. I appreciate any Form of constructive criticism, but calling just plain idiotic 'scaaaam' without any background knowledge is really unfair.

People don't understand luck and variance, enough.  The online calculators predict what the payout should be with 100% luck. No pool can sustain that all the time. 

EXACTLY. Well said. People check the calc and dont even add in all the fees they KNOW they are paying and STILL bitch lol.

Hey guess what... you are paying 1% pool fee... like 2% miner fee or 5%+ if you disable optimizations... you draw out at 1 HUSH balance, 1% more lost in tx fee... pool has ~92% efficiency... 8% more lost in orphaned or stale shares...

That is 12% - 15% most don't even bother to account for in the calc... just add 10% to your POOL FEE and live with that estimate. Adjust per pool as you see the figures for efficiency and luck/variance. You wont be disappointed again.
Activity: 615

STAY AWAY

People don't understand luck and variance, enough.  The online calculators predict what the payout should be with 100% luck. No pool can sustain that all the time. 
Activity: 109
Activity: 1036
Merit: 311
Something I discovered yesterday, which is slightly unsettling, I had my nvidia rigs all using the same worker on Suprnova I'd and it seemed I was getting far to low of a pool hah compared to what the rigs were reporting, so I split them to unique workers.  I let that run for a while and meet earnings still seemed low.

THEM I left the pool dashboard open and suddenly my hash was being reported much closer to my machines readings, and my earnings increased to what i expected.

It COULD have just been variability in diff and net hash over that time, but I did the same with an AMD rig running Ubiq and also saw a significant increase in reported hah one I kept the dashboard open.

Could be a glitch in the pool code, or something nefarious, OR just a bad day to mine those found but I plan to watch much more closely for a while.
Activity: 307
The nethash is increasing and suprnova has only a bit more than 50% of it now (it was a lot more last week). Also there are many more miners active on the pool now. So it ist only logical, that each miner earns less. Like I mentioned before, my 3 GPU's made 20 HUSH per day last week. Now it's only about 2 HUSH - and I'm not complaining because I can read the numbers. So I had luck before the big rush started, am happy and HODLing
@OC: You're doing a great job with your pools. THX and keep going
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

STAY AWAY

Activity: 98
can someone post a good pool for this coin
Activity: 47

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pmzfl98xpacpvj/Suprnova1.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ly2w7kecvf9vcsi/Suprnova2.PNG?dl=0

STAY AWAY

Activity: 630

STAY AWAY

Activity: 294

STAY AWAY

I wouldn't call scam, I've mined on several of their pools and come up with good numbers and OC has a lot of community respect and from what I've seen does everything he can to help his miners but I have noticed that their HUSH return has been substantially below expected for me (about the same as what you are seeing).

If you look at the luck its pretty bad (if I understand how that works correctly) and I have a feeling that its having an influence on returns, I would say its so bad, and according to the stats has been for a long time, that I cant help but wonder if there is a config issue or if it really is just consistently bad luck - with the caveat that I've only been mining HUSH a few days and had intended to stick it out another one or two to see if it leveled out.
Activity: 476

STAY AWAY

Big accusation that fella. OC been around for years and is respected among users. I'm sure if something is not right then it deffinetly won't be intentional. You could have ya know, messaged the guy and asked him to look into it for you, instead of what you're doing right now.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
anyone else not have deposits show up on cryptopia?
Pages:
Jump to: