Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Icecoin - Relaunch - page 2. (Read 7204 times)

Activity: 287
Merit: 250
June 11, 2013, 11:24:42 PM
 If someone else was able to grab the source code, and wants to post it, then by all means do it.  

I did clone the original Icecoin source from github.  I've now tarballed it from my Ubuntu VM and uploaded it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ww6g6m6a6auwt3c/Icecoin.tar.gz

I have no intention of mining this coin, nor any so-called "re-release".  But I do think the code should be available, since it WAS released and people wasted their GPU cycles on it for a while before the dev's antics started.

kaint unzip >> noober here! :-)

use the command
Code:
tar -xzf Icecoin.tar.gz
on a linux machine.

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
June 11, 2013, 11:11:19 PM
I wonder how many re-releases this thing is going to go through... 2 days till the second one... then what? A week until the third?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 11, 2013, 10:56:04 PM
 If someone else was able to grab the source code, and wants to post it, then by all means do it.  

I did clone the original Icecoin source from github.  I've now tarballed it from my Ubuntu VM and uploaded it here:

I have no intention of mining this coin, nor any so-called "re-release".  But I do think the code should be available, since it WAS released and people wasted their GPU cycles on it for a while before the dev's antics started.

kaint unzip >> noober here! :-)
Activity: 389
June 11, 2013, 10:54:05 PM
I wonder who stole those coins? They should be offering thoe bounties.

Stole?  They were mined, just not as the creator intended.  I would suggest that those bounties are currently forfeit, but who knows.  The lucky miner of those first 5 blocks (or was it 140, since that's what the OP stated when they were asked?) may decide to follow through with those after all.  Wouldn't hold my breath though.

...and no it wasn't me, and I have no intention of mining this coin, either the re-release other the other re-release, the re-re-release.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
June 11, 2013, 10:28:39 PM
found 3 blocks in about 15 mins.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.
June 11, 2013, 07:56:08 PM

Thanks I added that link to the OP. 
Activity: 287
June 11, 2013, 07:54:18 PM

Activity: 339
June 11, 2013, 07:50:12 PM
another coin with a horrible launch, what else is new Cheesy

argentum launches sometime tonight, hopefully it wont drop the ball too Cheesy

The blockchain is stuck at block 512

{
    "blocks" : 512,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 0.18794955,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "networkhashps" : 8966810,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "testnet" : false
}
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
June 11, 2013, 07:45:56 PM
another coin with a horrible launch, what else is new Cheesy

argentum launches sometime tonight, hopefully it wont drop the ball too Cheesy
June 11, 2013, 07:45:07 PM
There seems to have a lot of orphans now.

And I have still only have two valid blocks. What happened?
June 11, 2013, 07:42:21 PM
There seems to have a lot of orphans now.
June 11, 2013, 07:37:50 PM
p2pool open again.

Here are the parameters:

cgminer --scrypt -o next.afraid.org:8112 -u yourDNCaddress -p . --queue 0 -s 1

statistics available here: http://next.afraid.org:8112. This pool uses a PPLNS payout scheme, and is stratum enabled. The PPLNS window is set to only four hours.

3% fee at this time. (it may be set to a lower value in the future)

You sure? page is down on my end.

You're right, that was a bad copy/paste, here are the right parameters:

p2pool open again.

Here are the parameters:

cgminer --scrypt -o next.afraid.org:8115 -u yourICEaddress -p . --queue 0 -s 1

statistics available here: http://next.afraid.org:8115. This pool uses a PPLNS payout scheme, and is stratum enabled. The PPLNS window is set to only one hour.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
June 11, 2013, 07:37:39 PM
Can I rerelease it also?  Let's all rerelease it.. It's kinda boring with nothing new to mine..
Activity: 658
June 11, 2013, 07:34:44 PM
We didnt re-release the coin, Nolo has nothing to do with this coin, he took it upon himself to re-release it after he apparently took interest in it, or maybe he attacked it and took those 250k coins, why else would he do it...

Also, Nolo, we are not worried about it, we havent re-released it, but you put up a post announcing its re-release..  Shows what kind of respect and class you have I guess.....

I will be re-releasing IceCoin soon, no one else, anyone claiming to be releasing it is releasing nothing -

Back to work...
and premine more before you re-release it, no one will care about your premined coins, premine 100 mil instead of 250,000 this time, work harder (read: premine harder)

lmao  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 1246
Merit: 263
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
June 11, 2013, 07:33:22 PM
No worries here, the coin will not be mineable soon, it will be completely un-operational -

Official re-launch of IceCoin will take place within the next two days - Smiley

Okay so its launch, fail, relaunch, and another relaunch, all within a week? Most within a couple of hours.
We didnt re-release the coin, Nolo has nothing to do with this coin, he took it upon himself to re-release it after he apparently took interest in it, or maybe he attacked it and took those 250k coins, why else would he do it...

Also, Nolo, we are not worried about it, we havent re-released it, but you put up a post announcing its re-release.. Huh Shows what kind of respect and class you have I guess.....

I will be re-releasing IceCoin soon, no one else, anyone claiming to be releasing it is releasing nothing -

Back to work...

Well if the coin was canclled and the binaries where taken down then it failed. Butsince Nolo released it again and it is working and people are mining it then technically it was re-released.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
June 11, 2013, 07:31:25 PM
p2pool open again.

Here are the parameters:

cgminer --scrypt -o next.afraid.org:8112 -u yourDNCaddress -p . --queue 0 -s 1

statistics available here: http://next.afraid.org:8112. This pool uses a PPLNS payout scheme, and is stratum enabled. The PPLNS window is set to only four hours.

You sure? page is down on my end.
Activity: 338
June 11, 2013, 07:30:08 PM
No worries here, the coin will not be mineable soon, it will be completely un-operational -

Okay so its launch, fail, relaunch, and another relaunch, all within a week? Most within a couple of hours.

Also, Nolo, we are not worried about it, we havent re-released it, but you put up a post announcing its re-release.. Huh Shows what kind of respect and class you have I guess.....

Back to work...

Good Idea.  Re-releasing coins has worked out real good this week
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
June 11, 2013, 07:25:47 PM

Back to work...
Activity: 338
June 11, 2013, 07:25:07 PM
What happens if he doesnt remove it in the 10min? 

It's already been 20 minutes.  I keep looking out my window, waiting for the mafia to arrive.  

I wish every coin release went like this.  Its a lot more fun
June 11, 2013, 07:24:07 PM
p2pool open again.

Here are the parameters:

cgminer --scrypt -o next.afraid.org:8115 -u yourICEaddress -p . --queue 0 -s 1

statistics available here: http://next.afraid.org:8115. This pool uses a PPLNS payout scheme, and is stratum enabled. The PPLNS window is set to only one hour.

Pages:
Jump to: