Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Infinitecoin - IFC | V1.8 Released! *Mandatory Upgrade, upgrade ASAP* - page 8. (Read 199628 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 605
It's good that the community has a lot of suggestions of improvements. But everyone needs to understand that the community is the owner of IFC, not me. Yes I initially developed the coin, and provided as much support as I can to the community, and I will continue to provide supports. But I have my own work, I can not be in this forum all the time and answer each and every questions and queries and provide all implementations.

This is a non-premined coin. Yet when every problem occurs, I always get blames on why I did not act quickly enough or why I did a bad code, etc. During the retarget mess, I get different blames from different people some said I did not provide upgrade quick enough, some said that I provided too quick the upgrade while I should have waited. It is not possible to satisfy everyone out there.

What I suggest is that we need form a committee which determines which directions to take for IFC. And have a few more developers that I can work with them together and share the code/workspace etc. The community should take the responsibility of the coin, not only me (as I said I will continue to support). There are some very good members of the community that already contributed a lot to the IFC: nzdude, Heju22, monocolor, TECshare, RoadTrain, YukonCoinelius, TreasureSeeker, tokyoghetto, saamxx, zackclark70, to name a few, I hope that we can make it formal committee to provide directions and improvements of the IFC, and more active members please be involved in it. IFC is not my coin, it is our coin!
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
No need to be negative man, I'll try to support the features as I can as the community wants it. But remember that pos feature is very different, I don't think it's an easy task to add without messing up the existing code. If you can find a clean way to add it, I may be able to consider it.

Answering questions and giving opinions is a good start. You don't have to code the development suggestions to talk about them. I see a lot of people providing suggestions, and you just passing over them.
So do you have any ideas for further development Fisheater or are you just going to say we don't need it, and wait until its almost too late like last time and pretend you can't see people making suggestions here?
No need to be negative man, I'll try to support the features as I can as the community wants it. But remember that pos feature is very different, I don't think it's an easy task to add without messing up the existing code. If you can find a clean way to add it, I may be able to consider it.

Also don't forget the great games we have for IFC, for example the coinbomb game:
http://coinbomb.biz/infinitecoin/

a very nice one, and does not cost much to play, so have fun!
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
So do you have any ideas for further development Fisheater or are you just going to say we don't need it, and wait until its almost too late like last time and pretend you can't see people making suggestions here?

Amazonia Imports supports traditional culture and customs in the Amazon region of South America

Tribal pipes made of bone, fang, snakeskin, shells, and Alpaca Silver. Palo Santo incense used in ayuahuasca ceremonies.

We accept IFC!

$10 flat fee world wide shipping. Free shipping on all orders over $100, and free shipping within Australia.   

Great, nice website.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
From what I understand auto sell pools are back with improved ways of sucking liquidity out of smaller alts. I propose we increase the time under which coins have to mature in order to be spent after mining. Hopefully this will make autosell mining less appealing. Additionally I think transaction fees should be raised to support the network.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
[BOUNTY] 25 Million IFC bounty for Android & iPhone wallets

http://infinitecointalk.org/index.php/topic,243.0.html
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
I am thinking something like a new type of proof of stake system which is paid out via profit generation from a service site development. For example we could pay the developers and investors a % of fees generated, and direct the remainder to be paid to IFC miners to maintain the network. In this way we are not constantly inflating the currency, in addition it provides paying jobs for rewards in IFC, sucks up liquidity driving up the market price, and provides miners incentive to mine.

PoW and PoW/PoS are two different codebases with many differences. As IFC started as PoW, I don't think it is worthwhile to convert to PoW/PoS, will be too many changes.

I just wanted to let the community know that we're now accepting InfiniteCoin as a payment option at our website. We provide thumbnailed usenet photos and streaming videos from the top Usenet groups.

http://www.newsbam.com (NSFW)

nice!

I didn't say convert it to proof of stake I said "something like proof of stake."
I am thinking something like a new type of proof of stake system which is paid out via profit generation from a service site development. For example we could pay the developers and investors a % of fees generated, and direct the remainder to be paid to IFC miners to maintain the network. In this way we are not constantly inflating the currency, in addition it provides paying jobs for rewards in IFC, sucks up liquidity driving up the market price, and provides miners incentive to mine.

PoW and PoW/PoS are two different codebases with many differences. As IFC started as PoW, I don't think it is worthwhile to convert to PoW/PoS, will be too many changes.

I just wanted to let the community know that we're now accepting InfiniteCoin as a payment option at our website. We provide thumbnailed usenet photos and streaming videos from the top Usenet groups.

http://www.newsbam.com (NSFW)

nice!
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
So what is next for IFC?

Perhaps we can start a discussion about how we can add value to the coin. Perhaps we can update the Icon of the coin to something a little less "generic". Simple changes like the one i just suggest can really help the coin in the long run.
Good steps to increase value:
Create and develop cutting-edge user-friendly and high-security smartphone wallet and semi-online service like Blockchain.info. There are open-source BTC wallets that can be changed to use IFC.
Create some IFC eshops, create list of shops and eshops accepting IFC
Print a sticker saying "Accepting IFC mobile payments" with QR code of the shop's wallet and sticking it on the door of your shop, adding a photo and address to the list above. Worldwide!
Create a community-based money-sending service something like Western Union that will use fiat (one country) -> IFC -> fiat (another country).
Create an exchange that converts fiat to IFC directly. Remember to consider legal limitations for such a business involving fiat money collection and transfers.
Any other ideas?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
So what is next for IFC?

Perhaps we can start a discussion about how we can add value to the coin. Perhaps we can update the Icon of the coin to something a little less "generic". Simple changes like the one i just suggest can really help the coin in the long run.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
!!!INCAKOIN!!!
 No one benifits from a forked chain and fraudulently mined coins don't get processed. Checkpoints get rid of forks so please. Everyone just mine fairly here. Its you who fork the chains that don't benifit.
BTC
Activity: 252
!!!INCAKOIN!!!
Quit Forking my Nigga Chain MoNucka's. I Love IFC and if you don't want to get rich with us go pound sand!
BTC
Glad that all the diff retarget mess is behind us, thanks fisheater for the great support of the coin! Smiley

Thanks monocolor for all your support
Activity: 868
Merit: 1003
Activity: 275
http://coin-base.net/infinitecoin/
The old pool will be disabled. The existing coins can you Transfer.
The unconfirmed block I will manually calculate and Transfer. I will write to the individual user. If you have not entered your correct email and you have not Adress, please report back to me! The damage caused by the error I will pay out of my pocket, so no one should have something Be Lost.

http://coin-base.net/infinite/
I've been in the new pool, all your settings and imported all users.
mmcfe-ng updated
The next 6 days, 0% POOL FEE
I have changed the port numbers:
PUSH POOL PORT: 8444
STRATUM PORT: 3444
The first block was found!

ortchi -

Can I ask a favor-flav?  Any chance you could increase the logout timer?  24hrs?  I leave the site up constantly, and I've ended up moving all my miners to you... so the 10 or 15 minute logout timer gets a little old.

Much appreciated if you can do it.

Activity: 275
thing looks primed for liftoff Smiley

I agree.  Tension building up.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
thing looks primed for liftoff Smiley
Activity: 766
Merit: 621
Own ONION
Glad that all the diff retarget mess is behind us, thanks fisheater for the great support of the coin! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: