Author

Topic: [ANN] INFINITECOIN - UPDATE TO 1.8.8 visit INFINITECOIN.COM - page 159. (Read 154582 times)

Activity: 567
Merit: 502
Hey yo let's go
Hi i am brian from  new zealand i would like to buy some infinite for cash say $1000 usd

but my wallet isnt in synch yet

hi brian welcome,

a nice fela left a link to download the blocks so u can sync faster.

this helped me alot.

any questions ask
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
Going up again, everybody hold tight...
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I kinda feel like it was in hibernation, was nudged a bit, and in one breath pushed itself into the coinmarketcap 40's ranking.  All that movement with no updates and being less than a satoshi.  That's a lot of leverage.  Imagine what a little maintenance can do.
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
I hear a lot of transaction fee news that not seems to be that good. Is this coin just being kept alive or can we expect something from it in the future?
Activity: 3
Hi i am brian from  new zealand i would like to buy some infinite for cash say $1000 usd

but my wallet isnt in synch yet

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1018
thanks man, but seems not working for me, looks like i need some more files, i sent the screenshot Sad

i will miss the wave

There really wasn't much of a wave man. BTER sucks the fees out of you because you can't withdraw btc or ltc. There is only an ltc -> ifc market. The coins I did sell for ltc (fee) were then resold as btc (fee) and then resold as etc (fee) and then withdrawn (fee). They did give me a 10% bonus for deposit but they took that all back and then some in fees. Price has tanked.

Chinese are buying low on bter and selling higher on jubi. Arbitrage is fine but it just reeks of scam. I can't prove it but I think the exchanges are the ones doing the arbitrage.

Saying you can't withdraw btc or ltc because of 'local policy' is bullshit. Bottom line is Chinese exchanges are not trustworthy IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1018
I recently started up and synced this coin client when reviewing some old coins I have installed. Last run in 2015.

I sent a test deposit of 10 IFC... the fee is 200 IFC!

Sending 101 IFC - fee still 200 IFC

Then if I try to send 10001 IFC, the transaction fails and the client complains that I need a fee of at least 8300 IFC to send my 10001. WTF? An 83% transaction fee?

The last mined blocks in my wallet are at least 2 years old - so I don't know why it's demanding such a high tx fee - but I can't view the unspent outputs, because 'listunspent' returns a blank list.

What a strange coin....

The fee is not 83%,  rather it's based on how complex the transaction.  If you had a lot of 'dust' inputs (small amounts), it's a lot of work/complexity to collect them all into your target amount, so the fee gets multiplied.  I think even 2 years ago the block reward was small enough, that it would take dozens or hundreds of inputs to make 10001.

Note that transaction amounts like 101 or even 10001 are relatively microscopic in IFC.  It's like sending BTC 0.000001 amounts or smaller, which has similar problems.  

You're right. I was really only looking at its value rather than the makeup of the transaction. I can't see unspent outputs for some reason (? 'listunspent' returns an empty list) but going further back in the transaction list it seems most of my mined blocks - with nearly 2 million confirms - are 16 IFC, which is a big difference when compared with the initial 524288 IFC rewards. Even a relatively small amount like 10001 (I chose this figure because of the OP mentioning a higher tx fee for <10k) would require consolidating 625+ unspent outputs.

For those who mined to the end, consolidating the later tiny block rewards of 0.0625 IFC (or even lower) would be pointless fun.

You should also be able to override the default base fee in the UI,
or by setting in the .conf   file
  paytxfee=
or at cmdline via
  infinitecoind settxfee

I did try setting a lower fee via RPC, but it still complains and wants a higher fee.

Guess there's not much I can do, apart from hacking the client source so that I can mine a block to incorporate my own bloated, low fee transaction. Smiley

Yeah I mined back about 90% of my fees. Some transactions went through with no fees. I did not adjust a thing. Again, it's stability on the network and fees set too high. Devs will come back for BTC.They had too much out of pocket expense before and who can blame them? Good Devs are being gobbled up and command a premium.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
I recently started up and synced this coin client when reviewing some old coins I have installed. Last run in 2015.

I sent a test deposit of 10 IFC... the fee is 200 IFC!

Sending 101 IFC - fee still 200 IFC

Then if I try to send 10001 IFC, the transaction fails and the client complains that I need a fee of at least 8300 IFC to send my 10001. WTF? An 83% transaction fee?

The last mined blocks in my wallet are at least 2 years old - so I don't know why it's demanding such a high tx fee - but I can't view the unspent outputs, because 'listunspent' returns a blank list.

What a strange coin....

The fee is not 83%,  rather it's based on how complex the transaction.  If you had a lot of 'dust' inputs (small amounts), it's a lot of work/complexity to collect them all into your target amount, so the fee gets multiplied.  I think even 2 years ago the block reward was small enough, that it would take dozens or hundreds of inputs to make 10001.

Note that transaction amounts like 101 or even 10001 are relatively microscopic in IFC.  It's like sending BTC 0.000001 amounts or smaller, which has similar problems.  

You're right. I was really only looking at its value rather than the makeup of the transaction. I can't see unspent outputs for some reason (? 'listunspent' returns an empty list) but going further back in the transaction list it seems most of my mined blocks - with nearly 2 million confirms - are 16 IFC, which is a big difference when compared with the initial 524288 IFC rewards. Even a relatively small amount like 10001 (I chose this figure because of the OP mentioning a higher tx fee for <10k) would require consolidating 625+ unspent outputs.

For those who mined to the end, consolidating the later tiny block rewards of 0.0625 IFC (or even lower) would be pointless fun.

You should also be able to override the default base fee in the UI,
or by setting in the .conf   file
  paytxfee=
or at cmdline via
  infinitecoind settxfee

I did try setting a lower fee via RPC, but it still complains and wants a higher fee.

Guess there's not much I can do, apart from hacking the client source so that I can mine a block to incorporate my own bloated, low fee transaction. Smiley
I just received a call from "Microsoft" telling me my pc is infected with a virus. They wanted to fix it  Cheesy  really.... dream on
Activity: 28
got this in my inbox seems super legit BUAHAHAHAH lol  Grin

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

Dear:

I'm from china, i can help you to sell the IFC in Jubi exchange, if you need the money, please send the email to [email protected].

I can pay you by the pefect money.

Regards!

as you? hahahahahah

o cause I have a noob account yea true I had an old account when this forum began but just can't for the life of me find it hahah as I strayed away from crypto for a while but yea lol 
Hey yo let's go

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

Dear:

I'm from china, i can help you to sell the IFC in Jubi exchange, if you need the money, please send the email to [email protected].

Regards!

as you? hahahahahah

Dear:

Regards!

My wallet always syncs just fine..

do you mind share your blocks .dat and the db folder?  looks like will take for me 1 more week to sync hahahaha

our friend above tried to send it to me but I stlll need db  folder to sync my wallet Sad

Check it out, it's a 7zip file (WeTransfer) no password.

https://we.tl/5QjLeUsmER

it is for infinitecoin 1.8.8 win32

database folder
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat

I recommend renaming your local "database" folder and the two files "blk0001.dat" and "blkindex.dat" to something like .old
Then paste these two files and the folder in your C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Infinitecoin  folder.

This way you keep your original files, in case this does not work, you can revert it to the old situation

thank you man, really works.

did u exchange your coins?
No i still have all of them, somehow I believe this coin should be worth much more. Especially compared to other really useless coins that seem to be overpriced.. Also I believe almost all IFC have been mined by now. Total of 90 billion? So you wont be able to mine them soon is what I've heard

It definitely could be could be worth alot more. Any devs here from before willing to give information / documentation o where the project stopped I would be willing to invest time into the idea of a genesis block, upgrades etc... 

do you mind share your blocks .dat and the db folder?  looks like will take for me 1 more week to sync hahahaha

our friend above tried to send it to me but I stlll need db  folder to sync my wallet Sad

database folder
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat

I recommend renaming your local "database" folder and the two files "blk0001.dat" and "blkindex.dat" to something like .old
Then paste these two files and the folder in your C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Infinitecoin  folder.

This way you keep your original files, in case this does not work, you can revert it to the old situation

No i still have all of them, somehow I believe this coin should be worth much more. Especially compared to other really useless coins that seem to be overpriced.. Also I believe almost all IFC have been mined by now. Total of 90 billion? So you wont be able to mine them soon is what I've heard
Hey yo let's go
BTER sucks dead donkey dicks.

You cannot withdraw bitcoin nor litecoin. The message is due to 'local policy'.

You can only trade ifc for ltc and since you can't withdraw ltc you have to sell it for a currency that you can withdraw.

yeah I saw it.

what coin did  u get?

I tried transfer the coins and it is verifying, for 4 hours now Sad

sent email to them and the mail get back to me.
Hey yo let's go

database folder
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat

database folder
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat

Hey yo let's go

do you mind share your blocks .dat and the db folder?  looks like will take for me 1 more week to sync hahahaha

our friend above tried to send it to me but I stlll need db  folder to sync my wallet Sad
Hey yo let's go
BTER sucks dead donkey dicks.

You cannot withdraw bitcoin nor litecoin. The message is due to 'local policy'.

You can only trade ifc for ltc and since you can't withdraw ltc you have to sell it for a currency that you can withdraw.

I was testing here, I quite sure I need too the db folder Sad
Jump to: