Author

Topic: [ANN] INFINITECOIN - UPDATE TO 1.8.8 visit INFINITECOIN.COM - page 157. (Read 154582 times)

Activity: 347
Merit: 250
Found something interesting, this latest surge was around the same date 2 years ago....
Check the charts....

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/infinitecoin/#charts

What's your take on this TECSHARE?
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
tried that, it still shows that its "out of sync"...

It will say that until the blockchain is updated... do you have connections to peers? Hover over the icons in the bottom right.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Could someone please release a update to fix this "Out of Sync" issue even though the blockchain has been downloaded(like a 1.8.8.1)HuhHuhHuh

Try deleting your peers.dat and restarting.

RE: Everyone else wondering about the status of this coin

Coinits pretty much has been telling you what is up. I put TONS of money, time, and stress into just keeping IFC alive and the userbase just took their money and ran. I haven't heard a peep from hardly anyone since 2014. I am done breaking my back for people to just leech profit and contribute nothing. People wouldn't even help moderate the forums so I shut them down. I couldn't even look at anything crypto related for about a year because this project made me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. Now that there is money to be made, again everyone pops out of the woodwork and wants progress.

Even if funding were not an issue, there are significant technical hurdles required to even begin to move forward. Our previous dev (as well as myself) have had serious health issues related to the stress of managing this project. The dev is no longer interested in moving the project forward, and frankly neither am I. I tried my best to build a community around this project but I failed, and I am not going to keep carrying it alone. If you want progress, get to work, otherwise I guess you are just going to have to deal with it.

tried that, it still shows that its "out of sync"...
Activity: 12
There's a crypto dev (Hazard) available for hire if we need extra help.  He's still active on this forum.  Any thoughts on this?  IFC can't wait to take off.

CryptoLife Development
https://dev.cryptolife.net/

Services include:

Android Wallets
Electrum Wallets
Block Explorer
Mining Pool
Paper Wallet Generator
Node Hosting
Faucet
Web/Mobile Wallet
Compile Clients
Coin Repair & Alterations
Activity: 44
why does this coin trade so heavy /CNY and no one gives a shit to develop this coin? wtf
Activity: 347
Activity: 28
Thanks TS. I appreciate you verifying publicly what I have been saying.

So there you have it folks. You know the current status and that it will take significant brain power, financing, and grunt work to move this project forward.

My life is busy and crypto is only my hobby but if you want this project to move I will volunteer my time to draft a proposed course of action, ico proposal, attempt to build a team, find a reliable escrow agent.

There had better be overwhelming support to this right here if YOU want it to happen. If your only interest is in cashing in some big bag of coins on the backs of the team, it is not going to happen.

So step up and publicly share what YOU can do to revive IFC.

If there is a strong following for this, I have no problem joining the fight to make this happen. I have good amount of experience / skills in the real world as an sw engineer / Dev. Like coinits  mentioned I am also very busy but will make time to join a team of dev's to push this out. we just have to see how many are willing to dedicate serious time to this.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Those sigs though...

If you stay around here long enough to mine jade..ed you will see that the sigs are spot on!

IFC donation/fund address to start maybe?  Who own's the infinitecoin.com website?

Infinitecoin is still higher than it's ever been.  This is the window of opportunity to start fresh forward thinking posts.  I think, for now, updating in Litecoin's development wake provides the least amount of effort and takes advantage of the bitcoin and litecoin developer progress.  Trying to stray too far from those coins increases the amount of resources needed.  Having gone through the trials of being mined out there's nowhere else to go but up.  I think people will find security and stability in a "transaction fee" only coin.  Infinitecoin, in it's current state, has a major advantage as it can pick and choose from all the new freely available crypto technology and incorporate them into a new more mature coin.

That price is, as Trump would say, Fake News. It is on an exchange exclusive to Chinese and BTER which is a criminal enterprise. The exchanges are involved in their own arbitrage games and, in BTERs case, they make it so difficult to get coin out that they bleed you in fees to rob you of gains.

This coin will go no where without a new genesis block. Mining fees only has proven that it creates an unstable network that is rife for forking.

The status quo is a no go. I don't know who owns the website.

I own infinitecoin.com . Just to clarify, the check pointing system would notify via the network alert if there was a fork. There are other risks involved with a low number of nodes though. This is why exchanges require such a high number of confirmations on deposit. Considering the limited number of exchanges that still trade IFC, it would be very easy to pump and dump the coin since there is not actual genuine price discovery. I am not really interested in donations at this point, unless some one wants to compensate me for costs already accrued (I won't hold my breath on that one). Unless people step up and start organizing on their own, consider me a passive participant.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1018
Those sigs though...

If you stay around here long enough to mine jade..ed you will see that the sigs are spot on!

IFC donation/fund address to start maybe?  Who own's the infinitecoin.com website?

Infinitecoin is still higher than it's ever been.  This is the window of opportunity to start fresh forward thinking posts.  I think, for now, updating in Litecoin's development wake provides the least amount of effort and takes advantage of the bitcoin and litecoin developer progress.  Trying to stray too far from those coins increases the amount of resources needed.  Having gone through the trials of being mined out there's nowhere else to go but up.  I think people will find security and stability in a "transaction fee" only coin.  Infinitecoin, in it's current state, has a major advantage as it can pick and choose from all the new freely available crypto technology and incorporate them into a new more mature coin.

That price is, as Trump would say, Fake News. It is on an exchange exclusive to Chinese and BTER which is a criminal enterprise. The exchanges are involved in their own arbitrage games and, in BTERs case, they make it so difficult to get coin out that they bleed you in fees to rob you of gains.

The status quo is a no go. I don't know who owns the website.
Activity: 12
Those sigs though...

IFC donation/fund address to start maybe?  Who own's the infinitecoin.com website?

Infinitecoin is still higher than it's ever been.  This is the window of opportunity to start fresh forward thinking posts.  I think, for now, updating in Litecoin's development wake provides the least amount of effort and takes advantage of the bitcoin and litecoin developer progress.  Trying to stray too far from those coins increases the amount of resources needed.  Having gone through the trials of being mined out there's nowhere else to go but up.  I think people will find security and stability in a "transaction fee" only coin.  Infinitecoin, in it's current state, has a major advantage as it can pick and choose from all the new freely available crypto technology and incorporate them into a new more mature coin.
legendary
Thanks TS. I appreciate you verifying publicly what I have been saying.

So there you have it folks. You know the current status and that it will take significant brain power, financing, and grunt work to move this project forward.

My life is busy and crypto is only my hobby but if you want this project to move I will volunteer my time to draft a proposed course of action, ico proposal, attempt to build a team, find a reliable escrow agent.

There had better be overwhelming support to this right here if YOU want it to happen. If your only interest is in cashing in some big bag of coins on the backs of the team, it is not going to happen.

So step up and publicly share what YOU can do to revive IFC.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Could someone please release a update to fix this "Out of Sync" issue even though the blockchain has been downloaded(like a 1.8.8.1)HuhHuhHuh

Try deleting your peers.dat and restarting.

RE: Everyone else wondering about the status of this coin

Coinits pretty much has been telling you what is up. I put TONS of money, time, and stress into just keeping IFC alive and the userbase just took their money and ran. I haven't heard a peep from hardly anyone since 2014. I am done breaking my back for people to just leech profit and contribute nothing. People wouldn't even help moderate the forums so I shut them down. I couldn't even look at anything crypto related for about a year because this project made me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. Now that there is money to be made, again everyone pops out of the woodwork and wants progress.

Even if funding were not an issue, there are significant technical hurdles required to even begin to move forward. Our previous dev (as well as myself) have had serious health issues related to the stress of managing this project. The dev is no longer interested in moving the project forward, and frankly neither am I. I tried my best to build a community around this project but I failed, and I am not going to keep carrying it alone. If you want progress, get to work, otherwise I guess you are just going to have to deal with it.
legendary
Picking up a bag now... only thing that needs liftoff for this coin is more dev
Are you sure? How would anyone be able to pick up dev? They need the old team to cooperate

Let me rant on for a minute...

One was having health issues and lead dev was burned out by this coin and moved on. All of the good devs are gobbled up by the high market cap coins. I have no idea what it will take to reassemble some or all of the original team but I would suspect, at minimum, 100 BTC.

Perhaps an escrowed ico may be required to get the funding necessary but what do you tell potential investors to sell them on ifc v2? What will be unique about the coin? That is why I suggested using the cryptonight algo. Make this the lite version on Monero. Sort of like ifc v1 was the lite version of litecoin.

The coin supply should really be infinite, meaning cannot be mined out. Need to be clever with code so as to minimize inflation.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Are you sure? How would anyone be able to pick up dev? They need the old team to cooperate
Activity: 28
no active development ?

I've explained it previously. Dev team all gone. May come back if people are willing to pay them BTC. Harsh, I know but who can blame them? They paid significant out-of-pocket expenses that were not recovered before coin collapsed.

No idea how much it will cost or if they will accept it. I do know that they will not be coming back to be paid in ifc.

Is there any spokes person from the devs which could input on what it would take as far as funding, effort etc...
legendary
no active development ?

I've explained it previously. Dev team all gone. May come back if people are willing to pay them BTC. Harsh, I know but who can blame them? They paid significant out-of-pocket expenses that were not recovered before coin collapsed.

No idea how much it will cost or if they will accept it. I do know that they will not be coming back to be paid in ifc.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Trouble with zero block rewards (apart from fees) is that miners shy away, so the difficulty drops to minimum, which isn't good for network security.

One way to encourage mining is to have a faucet of sorts, which distributes coins by sending funds to itself, with a large fee. The fees are then collected by the next miner to incorporate the transaction. This pseudo-PoW mining can be done without needing any client changes, but it does rely on people funding the faucet.

Another option may be to move to PoS, but that would require a hard fork and probably a lot of work with the source code. Good luck getting bter to update the source (it won't happen)
Activity: 333
no active development ?
legendary

There is no one to release it.
Jump to: