Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Instawallet is back, alive and well! - page 2. (Read 10548 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
Will it emit mustard gas if an unsuspecting datacenter monkey pulls the wrong hard drive? Grin Grin
You're not very far from the truth Smiley
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Please bear with us while our future beefed-up production server is being heavily firewalled, secured, booby-trapped and set-up for transparent replication to our failover servers.
Will it emit mustard gas if an unsuspecting datacenter monkey pulls the wrong hard drive? Grin Grin
legendary
1davout
We can take support requests at [email protected] as we also have access to the current production server.
We'll probably keep a mention of Jan in the footer or elsewhere to credit him for his brilliant idea and its flawless execution !

Regarding the migration topic, it's in good progress. We want to have as little downtime as possible.

Please bear with us while our future beefed-up production server is being heavily firewalled, secured, booby-trapped and set-up for transparent replication to our failover servers.
jav
Activity: 249
Merit: 251
I see the site still shows "©2011 Jan Vornberger" and the e-mail address shown (presumably for support) is still jan's.

Where should requests for support be directed?

Davout & co. are still in the progress of transferring everything to a new server. While that is happening I am still mostly dealing with support requests. Once the transfer is complete, they will change the footer as well.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
I see the site still shows "©2011 Jan Vornberger" and the e-mail address shown (presumably for support) is still jan's.

Where should requests for support be directed?
legendary
Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015
e-ducat.fr
Or is all transactions on instawallet logged?
Yes, transactions are all logged by the Bitcoin client itself. <3
The transactions to instawallet was mixed, my coins was transferred to another users account and when withdrawing I received another user's coins. I once followed the transactions of my coins stored on instawallet with blockexplorer.

So chain of transactions with coins purchased with my Mt.Gox account ends up being used to pay for killer wet job instead of buying ganja on SR. And I end up buying ganja with coins that was stolen from allinvain.

I'm pretty sure Instawallet is continuing to run exactly as it was, with no difference. But yeah it'd be good to get confirmation on your question. Instawallet also had the wonderful green address, so you could set up three accounts, send coins between them via green address, and if you do it in different amounts at different times, then I see no way to prove linkage.

It'd also be great if Instawallet would make a policy of destroying all transaction logs after 30 days or something.
Thanks for these suggestions: we will certainly consider them going forward but at the moment we are focused on mobile developments and on rock solid availability even when the service scales up.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
It would be nice if Davout and team would add the fee option like in the regular client when rolling out a future upgrade.

jav - great service and thanks for the support and dependability.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
The transactions to instawallet was mixed, my coins was transferred to another users account and when withdrawing I received another user's coins. I once followed the transactions of my coins stored on instawallet with blockexplorer.

So chain of transactions with coins purchased with my Mt.Gox account ends up being used to pay for killer wet job instead of buying ganja on SR. And I end up buying ganja with coins that was stolen from allinvain.

I'm pretty sure Instawallet is continuing to run exactly as it was, with no difference. But yeah it'd be good to get confirmation on your question. Instawallet also had the wonderful green address, so you could set up three accounts, send coins between them via green address, and if you do it in different amounts at different times, then I see no way to prove linkage.

It'd also be great if Instawallet would make a policy of destroying all transaction logs after 30 days or something.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029
Death to enemies!

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Can I still use instawallet to anonymize transactions before sending them to Silk Road? Or is all transactions on instawallet logged?

Trollolololol
I am sure it has logged many transactions through TOR.
legendary
1davout
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029
Death to enemies!
Can I still use instawallet to anonymize transactions before sending them to Silk Road? Or is all transactions on instawallet logged?

Trollolololol
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Fantastic news! Congratulations to both teams for keeping such a simple and easy service available!
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Great!
legendary
e-ducat.fr
@marked Thanks for pointing this out for Davout but he may have fallen in love with version 0.5.0 of the bitcoin client. I will sort this out tomorrow  Wink

@D.H Thanks for reminding me that not everybody reads a thread before posting: jav did post the right answer to a question that could very well be the one I was trying to clarify
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
this is a slight aside, sorry:

The bitcoin executable links in the bottom left of the bitcoin-central.com front page need updating to the latest versions.

marked
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
Bitcoin.se site owner
Will the wallets be left intact ?

The answer is 2 posts up.
legendary
e-ducat.fr

I have a friend that is clueless/lazy to move their 1 coin in instawallet
I am not sure of what you mean by this question?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

I have a friend that is clueless/lazy to move their 1 coin in instawallet
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
Wow! Great news! So happy!
Pages:
Jump to: