Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Instawallet is back, alive and well! - page 3. (Read 10548 times)

jav
Activity: 249
Merit: 251
Can we get a confirmation that all the URLs and addresses are still valid/carry over? We don't need to create new accounts right?

We are still coordinating how to best do the transfer of ownership from a technical perspective. But for the moment these URLs and addresses indeed continue to be valid and should stay that way during and after the transfer.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
that is good news!  glad to hear Davout is involved.  we haven't heard from him around these parts for quite a while but know that he is dedicated to Bitcoin!

Jav, you've been an honest an great worker for the community.  please don't leave us completely.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Great news!

I'ld love to know if there were any metrics that can be shared.  e.g., how many wallet URLs (funded at least once, or had funded balance before the pending shutdown announcement).
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
Instawallet has always been my favorite ewallet. I love the simplicity, speed, and lack of login required. It's simple, elegant, and a great way to introduce Bitcoin to new people.

Very glad to hear it's got a new home.

Can we get a confirmation that all the URLs and addresses are still valid/carry over? We don't need to create new accounts right?
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
That's good news, b/c I blew it.
legendary
Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015
e-ducat.fr
On behalf of the team, I would like to once again thank jav for his dedication to this great project.
I am confident that he has many more ideas to further the development of bitcoin and wish him the best in his future projects.
From now on (well, more precisely from monday on) we will do our best to keep up with the expectations.
We are committed to this site as one of the easiest way to receive and send bitcoins.
Long live bitcoin and Instawallet!
jav
Activity: 249
Merit: 251
I'm happy to announce that the team at bitcoin-central.net (the first open source bitcoin forex) is going to take over instawallet.org as of Monday next week!

Davout and his colleagues are highly motivated to maintain the free service available at instawallet.org  since they believe it’s a great way to demonstrate the usability of the technology. I am happy that Instawallet has found a new home and that I can entrust it into the hands of such a capable team.

I understand that, following this acquisition, they will be announcing soon some new exciting bitcoin developments they have been working on for the past few months.

Meanwhile you can use the service, deposit or withdraw, as you see fit. Please note though, that the site's performance might be a little spotty with occasional downtime over the next couple of days as we are performing the transfer. After that it should perform much better again.

For those who may not be familiar yet with Instawallet (launched in April 2011), here is a reminder of the original announcement:

https://www.instawallet.org is an online wallet service which requires no signup. When you browse to the website, a secret link is created for you, which is the only way to access your wallet.

This service is mostly targeted towards people who are curious about Bitcoin and want to give it a try. These people often don't want to download software (the Bitcoin client) or even sign up for a new website. Here they can try out Bitcoin without having to jump through any of these hoops.

To that end I have tried to keep everything very speedy. The balance auto-updates as soon as you receive a transaction. You can get your first  0.05 BTC from a friend  and donate it to the EFF in a matter of seconds.
Pages:
Jump to: