Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Introduction to DualMiner USB (could mine both BTC and LTC) - page 10. (Read 114581 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
To anyone who is interested in purchasing our DM or DM2, we have re-stocked both DM and DM2 products in our on-line store www.dualminer.com, so you could place order again. Thank you for your business.
Do you ship to Brazil?
Activity: 94

Ok, is this setup ok?
I get 26 kh/s  Huh

Just rely on what the command prompt says, it's more accurate.
Is it possible to put 2 chips on 1 usb?

140KH/s @ 3 watts?

Making a 2-chip USB miner is not difficult at all, but the tricky part is how do you provide the power required by this miner? Our DM miners was designed using BUS power scheme, which means the miner is powered from USB2.0 bus (or USB2.0 cable). Now, the USB2.0 specification only provides up to 2.5W (or 500ma current at 5V) power to one USB device, so that will put 2-chip USB miner out of the power supply range of USB2.0 bus.

USB 3.0 support? I think 3.0 offers up to 900mA right?
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

Ok, is this setup ok?
I get 26 kh/s  Huh

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Memory isn't that hard to produce - it just takes up a relatively large amount of space on a die (and ideally you'd keep it on-die as that's faster than going through an off-chip or even off-board solution).  Though there are some scrypt-derived alt coins that require an ever-increasing amount of memory (to the point where the problem shifts from those with GPUs vs those with ASICs to those with 1 GPU vs those with dozens of GPUs), at least for LiteCoin you only need 128.5kB (apparently) which is almost trivial.

The main reason you wouldn't quite see an increase in difficulty for LiteCoin from these is because the DualMiner is quite a bit slower than a decent GPU.  It's also way more compact, requires less energy (both in powering and in cooling) and theoretically is more quiet.  That can make them attractive to some people even despite the fact that they're slower.
The 5-chip ones are slightly more on par with GPUs, but unless they start being used in bulk, that still won't affect the network hash rate all that much (since worst case: they're displacing GPUs, best case: they're adding a few MH/s on a network that's running (at this time) 114,705MH/s.
They would really need to become much faster for you to immediately notice a change in the statistics; until then, it would be a slow change, if even perceptible Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
How come we dont see a dramatic increase in ltc difficulty ?

Scrypt ASICS are different than Sha-52 (Bitcoin) ASICS. They need onboard memory and so are harder and more expensive to produce.
that, and people are mining other scrypt coins besides LTC, such as Dogecoin, Mazacoin, Auroracoin, Feathercoin and so many others. But I believe, sooner or later, all these will go by the wayside, and maybe the TOP 5 scrypt coins make it while 5-10 struggle on and the rest die.

1.BTC
2. LTC/DGC?
3. PEERCOIN
4. Emark(deutche coin)??

but if you want to multi mine, then try SCRYPTGUILD.COM

mines various coins w/ auto switching to more profitable coin, or stay put. Then autoconvert to BTC all coins, or just the ones you don't want. Pretty neat. Ran by a legit admin, runs BTCGUILD.COM
Activity: 221
Merit: 100

Scrypt ASICS are different than SHA-256 (Bitcoin) ASICS. They need onboard memory and so are harder and more expensive to produce.
Activity: 378
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
To anyone who is interested in purchasing our DM or DM2, we have re-stocked both DM and DM2 products in our on-line store www.dualminer.com, so you could place order again. Thank you for your business.

You could still use the DualMinerSetup-1.0.0.6 software package on the DM2, but make sure you checked "LTC Only" box before starting mining.

140KH/s @ 3 watts?

Making a 2-chip USB miner is not difficult at all, but the tricky part is how do you provide the power required by this miner? Our DM miners was designed using BUS power scheme, which means the miner is powered from USB2.0 bus (or USB2.0 cable). Now, the USB2.0 specification only provides up to 2.5W (or 500ma current at 5V) power to one USB device, so that will put 2-chip USB miner out of the power supply range of USB2.0 bus.

140KH/s @ 3 watts?
Activity: 65
Hello Friends,

Per our customers' requests and comments, we will release our 2nd product DualMiner USB 2 very soon. DM 2 is designed specifically for scrypt altcoin mining. We can give our customer better pricing (compared to the DualMiner USB) because of the simplified design and testing efforts. Please go to the 1st page of this thread for more detailed product introduction. Thank you all for your support and interest

Great....

did you release cgminer for windows yet?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
That is great to know.
Looking forward to checking them out.

Per our customers' requests and comments, we will release our 2nd product DualMiner USB 2 very soon. DM 2 is designed specifically for scrypt altcoin mining. We can give our customer better pricing (compared to the DualMiner USB) because of the simplified design and testing efforts. Please go to the 1st page of this thread for more detailed product introduction. Thank you all for your support and interest

That's great news! I'd be very interested in a cheaper scrypt only model. Can you give us an ETA that you're targeting?

Also, will you be building any more of the current DualMiner USB model? As others have pointed out, your site indicates that you're sold out. I'd be willing to buy some now if you had them. I'm on your waiting list already.

Thanks in advance for your answers, and keep up the good work.

Hi Edonkey, both products should be available in our on-line store in next few days. Thanks.

That's great news! I'd be very interested in a cheaper scrypt only model. Can you give us an ETA that you're targeting?

Also, will you be building any more of the current DualMiner USB model? As others have pointed out, your site indicates that you're sold out. I'd be willing to buy some now if you had them. I'm on your waiting list already.

Hi Edonkey, both products should be available in our on-line store in next few days. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
This price is still ridiculous considering 5chip Gridseeds are selling for as low as $230 usd, the equvilent of these would run $450 USD and consume 4x the usb ports. These make no sense any way you look at it.
I think the Dualminers are easier to use and require less power.
When I received my Gridseed unit with all its cables/accessories yesterday I closed the package trying to get it started once I have more spare time ;-)
Oh, My gridseed miner mining Scrypt only uses 8 watts at the wall and i have it OC'd to get 400+Kh/s and it was simple to hook up, I plugged it in and my WIN7/64bit system detected it right away as for power supply I have a modular PC 850PSU from thermaltake, each PCIE will do 3 of these. It took me all of 5 minutes to have it hashing away.
That sounds good, ok you have convinced me, I will try to put it together tonight Smiley
Do I have to cut/extend any cables from my psu? Does it also work on linux/raspberry?
Activity: 518
I am a meat Popsicle
This price is still ridiculous considering 5chip Gridseeds are selling for as low as $230 usd, the equvilent of these would run $450 USD and consume 4x the usb ports. These make no sense any way you look at it.
I think the Dualminers are easier to use and require less power.
When I received my Gridseed unit with all its cables/accessories yesterday I closed the package trying to get it started once I have more spare time ;-)
Oh, My gridseed miner mining Scrypt only uses 8 watts at the wall and i have it OC'd to get 400+Kh/s and it was simple to hook up, I plugged it in and my WIN7/64bit system detected it right away as for power supply I have a modular PC 850PSU from thermaltake, each PCIE will do 3 of these. It took me all of 5 minutes to have it hashing away.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
StickMiners rarely make sense Tongue  Heck, most miners don't make sense when you do the math - unless you're willing (and have the funds) to buy big.
Pages:
Jump to: