Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Introduction to DualMiner USB (could mine both BTC and LTC) - page 8. (Read 114581 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
I have 10 in an Orico 10 port hub, 1 of them always goes idle after awhile. always the same one no matter what usb port on the hub I try. ive tried pll 850, 800, and no pll at all.. same situation

any ideas?

I have a Etekcity (an Orico clone) and could not get 10 to work. 9, however, work just fine. Use the 10th port to link to another hub.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
I have 10 in an Orico 10 port hub, 1 of them always goes idle after awhile. always the same one no matter what usb port on the hub I try. ive tried pll 850, 800, and no pll at all.. same situation

any ideas?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Nice review! Smiley

One thing that did make my eyebrow quirk was this:
Quote from: SquirrelEatAcoins
First, let me say that DualMiner runs hot. One forum member measured them at 96°F.
If that's considered hot, you should move to one of the polar regions, as your body's core temperature is a few degrees above that Wink  The datasheet mentions a max operating temperature of about 185°F, figure at least 10 degrees lower as measured on the package and another 15 as measured as an average on the heat sink, and below that it should be fine.  Would actually be interesting to see a temperature vs HWerror plot ( not suggesting you do so - for all I know the things self-destruct at 110° despite the datasheet claims Wink )

I tend to agree with your assessment. I found another article that measures it at 50°C. I have updated my blog entry to reflect this thought.
Thank you for the feedback.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Nice review! Smiley

One thing that did make my eyebrow quirk was this:
Quote from: SquirrelEatAcoins
First, let me say that DualMiner runs hot. One forum member measured them at 96°F.
If that's considered hot, you should move to one of the polar regions, as your body's core temperature is a few degrees above that Wink  The datasheet mentions a max operating temperature of about 185°F, figure at least 10 degrees lower as measured on the package and another 15 as measured as an average on the heat sink, and below that it should be fine.  Would actually be interesting to see a temperature vs HWerror plot ( not suggesting you do so - for all I know the things self-destruct at 110° despite the datasheet claims Wink )
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Reading all the related threads, it looks like nobody has yet succeeded in getting these babies (USB sticks) up and running in dual-mode under Linux. Or did I miss something?

Cheers

one4many

nwoolls fork works.
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
Ok i made a "How install to Video" about the dualminer whit the gridseed chipset.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWa6EDjWii8

Hope you like it  Smiley
Activity: 59
When do you expect to get more stock?

We expect to receive more devices in early next week. Thank you for your interest.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
When do you expect to get more stock?
Activity: 516
Reading all the related threads, it looks like nobody has yet succeeded in getting these babies (USB sticks) up and running in dual-mode under Linux. Or did I miss something?

Cheers

one4many
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Ah I did not know that you lived there.
You could try Atari02's group buy for the 5 chip version and he ships world wide.
$50 off Gridseed 5Chip 10 Pack use "ManeBjorn" in your PM to Atari02 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closedgridseed-shipped-as-low-as-93-plugplay-5-chip-miners-1375-blades-503928

PM demonmaestro's group by he may have a couple extra from his recent group buy.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/open-group-buydualminer-usb-asic-scrypt-miner-45-usa-onlybatch-4-438177

Hi!

Any news on this dual miner thing? still out of stocks. Probably wanting to get 2 of these for testing ^_^
Too bad.. It's a US only buy.. I'm from the Philippines  Undecided

Probably would get a buying group too from here... Undecided

I just hope this is really legit Huh
Activity: 3
PM demonmaestro's group by he may have a couple extra from his recent group buy.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/open-group-buydualminer-usb-asic-scrypt-miner-45-usa-onlybatch-4-438177

Hi!

Any news on this dual miner thing? still out of stocks. Probably wanting to get 2 of these for testing ^_^
Too bad.. It's a US only buy.. I'm from the Philippines  Undecided

Probably would get a buying group too from here... Undecided

I just hope this is really legit Huh
legendary
Activity: 1288

Hi!

Activity: 3
Hi!

legendary
Activity: 1150
From my experience as long as your error are spread about, it seems to be a reasonable/expected rate currently. If you have a spare hub it may not be a bad idea to separate your DMs from fans that may pull lots of energy/create lots of vibration.

Thanks CruzCoins. I think I'll move the fans anyway, mainly because I want to be able to more easily turn them on and off. If that also happens to reduce the error rate, then that's icing on the cake.

Otherwise I'll just keep an eye out on the error rate to make sure it's uniform and not rising dramatically.
Activity: 41
The HW error is expected, especially, when DM works above 850Mhz.
The HW error means a returned nonce result does NOT meet the mining target requirement (if you know some mining theory) . This could happen in some cases:
1. The chip could do a wrong calculation. If it is overclocked, the chip could generate more error. That's why 850MHz will give more errors than 800Mhz.
2. Some errors could happen in the communication between DM device and cgminer. Something like uart buffer overflow.

Since higher clock frequency could introduce instability of the electronic signal, most of HW error is caused by the first reason.

HW error is different to the reject error. Reject error is caused by mining pool. If a new block had been generated and DM was still working on previous job, some nonces of previous job maybe still queued in a buffer of cgminer. If cgminer submit these old result to pool, the pool will reject them.

Thanks for getting back to me dualminer_3. I realize that rejects are different than hardware errors. And I also realize that some number of hardware errors is expected with Dual Miners. I'm just interested in whether I'm seeing an expected hardware error rate.

I've been running cgminer for 20 hours without the "--dualminer-pll 850" command line and have had a total of 53 errors across 20 units. If I assume that this rate is fairly consistent, then I can estimate that I would see an average of 3 hardware errors per unit per day.

Is that a reasonable and expected rate?

If it isn't, then what can I do to diagnose and fix this?

Remember that I mentioned that I have two fans plugged into the same USB hubs where I have Dual Miners. Could these be making electrical noise or cause power fluctuations? If so, I can move them to a dedicated hub.

Thanks in advance for any further advice you might have.
From my experience as long as your error are spread about, it seems to be a reasonable/expected rate currently. If you have a spare hub it may not be a bad idea to separate your DMs from fans that may pull lots of energy/create lots of vibration.
legendary
Activity: 1150
The HW error means a returned nonce result does NOT meet the mining target requirement (if you know some mining theory) . This could happen in some cases:
1. The chip could do a wrong calculation. If it is overclocked, the chip could generate more error. That's why 850MHz will give more errors than 800Mhz.
2. Some errors could happen in the communication between DM device and cgminer. Something like uart buffer overflow.

Since higher clock frequency could introduce instability of the electronic signal, most of HW error is caused by the first reason.

HW error is different to the reject error. Reject error is caused by mining pool. If a new block had been generated and DM was still working on previous job, some nonces of previous job maybe still queued in a buffer of cgminer. If cgminer submit these old result to pool, the pool will reject them.

Thanks for getting back to me dualminer_3. I realize that rejects are different than hardware errors. And I also realize that some number of hardware errors is expected with Dual Miners. I'm just interested in whether I'm seeing an expected hardware error rate.

I've been running cgminer for 20 hours without the "--dualminer-pll 850" command line and have had a total of 53 errors across 20 units. If I assume that this rate is fairly consistent, then I can estimate that I would see an average of 3 hardware errors per unit per day.

Is that a reasonable and expected rate?

If it isn't, then what can I do to diagnose and fix this?

Remember that I mentioned that I have two fans plugged into the same USB hubs where I have Dual Miners. Could these be making electrical noise or cause power fluctuations? If so, I can move them to a dedicated hub.

Thanks in advance for any further advice you might have.
Activity: 21
I would remove the -pll 850 parameter. I am getting appropriate hashrate without using the -dualminer-pll parameter, and I have noticed instability when using this parameter on previous versions of cgminer. Regarding your invalid nonce error, I get those too occasionally, though you should see less once you drop your pll parameter.  Are you mining over a wifi connection? This would be the next thing I investigate if removing the non-necessary parameters doesn't help and you are using 9 DMs per p10-u2.

My rig is on a direct Ethernet connection, not Wifi. I'll take the parameter out and keep any eye on the logs.

Thanks CruzCoins!

Pages:
Jump to: