Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Introduction to DualMiner USB (could mine both BTC and LTC) - page 16. (Read 114584 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Does anyone know if the dualminer version of cgminer will work with the 5 chip units?

It doesn't support 5 chip units
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Does anyone know if the dualminer version of cgminer will work with the 5 chip units?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Now that is some great news!!  Grin
Thanks

I know MultiMiner support is coming but in the meantime I am using the windows GUI.

This is progressing well btw  Smiley
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
I know MultiMiner support is coming but in the meantime I am using the windows GUI.

This is progressing well btw  Smiley
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Anyone try these with Rpi / minepeon combo? I would but mines still on the way. Really I just want it to run on Raspberry Pi / USB hub any way possible. I don't want to have a lot of watts, my PC on 24/7.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Is there any news on when an updated Windows GUI version will be ready?
Activity: 8
Ok I figured it out thanks, just had to download some libudev-dev and define where some folders were.
Was just checking, but you found it allready. Thats the one!
Activity: 49
Hi,

One more question, can we mine all "Scrypt coin" with the Dualminer ? Or only the LTC ?

mine are pointed at multipool and have no problem
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Ok I figured it out thanks, just had to download some libudev-dev and define where some folders were.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
you should look in to why these miners die after x amount of hours

I haven't had problems with mine going down on my Windows 7 box at all. The speed isn't what I expected out of them though.

You're not getting the 70kh/s each?  I have 30 with no issues on any of them.

Silly mistake, my batch file had 400 in it instead of 800... so it was ramped down. I just copied the syntax for the LTC_ONLY they included in the bundled software. All is good now. I normally use BFGMiner so I didn't know any better.

Glad to hear you're up and running at full speed.
Activity: 40
you should look in to why these miners die after x amount of hours

I haven't had problems with mine going down on my Windows 7 box at all. The speed isn't what I expected out of them though.

You're not getting the 70kh/s each?  I have 30 with no issues on any of them.

Silly mistake, my batch file had 400 in it instead of 800... so it was ramped down. I just copied the syntax for the LTC_ONLY they included in the bundled software. All is good now. I normally use BFGMiner so I didn't know any better.
Custom cgminer build from dualminer that just committed to github: https://github.com/dualminer/dualminer

Thanks, I haven't tried that one yet, I just compiled it and it seems to be working. The first shares are getting recognized by the pool.
Thanks for the help, still no luck.  I deleted everything and retried.  I can compile it and get past ./configure --enable-dualminer --enable-scrypt --disable-opencl --without-libudev --prefix=$DIR_PATH/

but when I make && make install I get the same error as I am getting in above post

I tried to use chmod +x autogen.sh then do above but no change.  I might give up for the night until maybe dualminer-3 can shed some light on this.  Im using raspbian wheezy latest update.
Activity: 41
Which miner software are both of you talking about? Where did you download it?

@poopypants, you can run chmod +x autogen.sh , this should maybe fix your permission problem.
But you don't need to build it with sudo (root privileges), so if you did that before, this might not work. If you did that, try to remove the build directory, download it again and start from scratch without sudo.

Custom cgminer build from dualminer that just committed to github: https://github.com/dualminer/dualminer
Which miner software are both of you talking about? Where did you download it?

@poopypants, you can run chmod +x autogen.sh , this should maybe fix your permission problem.
But you don't need to build it with sudo (root privileges), so if you did that before, this might not work. If you did that, try to remove the build directory, download it again and start from scratch without sudo.

I navigate to the dualminer-master folder on my pi.  Type,  sh ./configure --enable-dualminer --enable-scrypt --disable-opencl --without-libudev --prefix=$DIR_PATH/
make && make install

the output is

warning you should use --build, --host,  --target
checking build configuration type... Invalid configuration 'make' machine 'make' not recognized
configure error /bin/bash ./config.sub make failed

I am very new to linux interface so I appreciate the help even tho this could be trivial for more experienced users.  Thanks in advanced
Try running ./autogen.sh before running ./configure.

./autogen.sh comes back as permission denied,  thanks though
Activity: 41
I navigate to the dualminer-master folder on my pi.  Type,  sh ./configure --enable-dualminer --enable-scrypt --disable-opencl --without-libudev --prefix=$DIR_PATH/
make && make install

the output is

checking build configuration type... Invalid configuration 'make' machine 'make' not recognized

I am very new to linux interface so I appreciate the help even tho this could be trivial for more experienced users.  Thanks in advanced
Try running ./autogen.sh before running ./configure.
make && make install

the output is

Somehow I needed some privileges i didn't have under sudo. I did need to use "sudo su" for compiling. This won't solve this problem, because the machine is complaining about the build type. I gues you need to install some additional packages. I did to, but i dont recal which ones, so i'll have to check. If i get around to it, tommorow i'll check which dependencies needed to be installed.
I did get it compiled on my Pi today, running the latest Raspbian image. What seems to be the problem?

Are you able to mine with it on pools with confirmed shares?
I did on my Ubuntu box. For my Pi i'm still waiting on my powered USB hub, so thats not tested yet. It does however connect to the pool like it should be, allthough no mining yet. Whem my hub is in, you'll be the first to know.
make && make install

the output is

Pages:
Jump to: