Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto - page 63. (Read 149779 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 250
I'm having issues with the new v2.1.2.buildba6223a wallet. I'm on Windows 10.

I followed the directions here: http://ird.cash/update-to-new-gui-wallet/ - So I made a backup of %AppData%/iridium and then deleted the folder. I then went on to install the new v2.1.2.buildba6223a wallet and that went fine. When I start the application it crashes without any errors. In the Windows event-log I see this:

Code:
Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Iridium_Wallet.exe because of this error.

Program: Iridium_Wallet.exe
File:

Notice that "File: " is empty... so I don't know which file is missing.
I don't really know, I'm not a windows guru, I code and compile everything on a Mac (with vm) ...

may be an idea : In the application folder (program files, iridium...), you will find vcredist_x64.exe
install it, it's the microsoft c++ runtime, may be you have not it in your system or maybe your simply not on a 64bits version, in that case, I can't do better now, the db lib is 64bit only.

I already tried installing it, but I already had it installed. The runtime installer offered to repair which I did, but the problem persists.
I have installed on another Windows 8 box, and it is working fine there. I wonder if the problem could have something to do with previous installations of Iridium?
Activity: 361
Merit: 11
Iridium (IRD) dev

I followed the directions here: http://ird.cash/update-to-new-gui-wallet/ - So I made a backup of %AppData%/iridium and then deleted the folder. I then went on to install the new v2.1.2.buildba6223a wallet and that went fine. When I start the application it crashes without any errors. In the Windows event-log I see this:

Code:
Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Iridium_Wallet.exe because of this error.

File:

I don't really know, I'm not a windows guru, I code and compile everything on a Mac (with vm) ...

may be an idea : In the application folder (program files, iridium...), you will find vcredist_x64.exe
install it, it's the microsoft c++ runtime, may be you have not it in your system or maybe your simply not on a 64bits version, in that case, I can't do better now, the db lib is 64bit only.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I upgraded my wallet and everything looks great.

Looking forward for the HF

I was mining with irdpool but switched to uvac after I read it might still running on old daemon

Good luck everyone
Activity: 18
stevebrush how can i update my wallet? i didn't understand. if i open the link it show me the same wallet without rss feed

just activate it in settings (last tab)

oh i see thanks!
Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Code:

File:

Iridium (IRD) dev
stevebrush how can i update my wallet? i didn't understand. if i open the link it show me the same wallet without rss feed

just activate it in settings (last tab)
Activity: 18
###################################################################################

New wallet v2.1.2 build3f5107e

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/363789167274098690/389364373069758474/64x64.png

new build tagged v2.1.2.build3f5107e

Improvements :

• Block size limit will increase AFTER the hard fork to allow bigger transactions. it should resolve the "pending" coins in wallets where big transactions has been made.
  • Ability to show RSS feed of the website for latest news directly on the wallet.

For people how hasn't update yet, follow instructions here : http://ird.cash/update-to-new-gui-wallet

For others : just update : https://github.com/iridiumdev/Iridium-wallet/releases/latest
[/color][/size]

After the scheduled hardfork at block 48000, the old wallet won't work anymore. and it's in 2 days now...

###################################################################################

Iridium (IRD) dev
a low diff attack bot has been kicked from the pool...
someone know deepminer ?

those kind of bot are cpu eater and earn nothing by sending a lot of workers with a very low diff ability... it was reported at 16kH/s!
that's why stats are strange sometimes (especially on irdpool.tk)

the pool is running quiet now : 5~6% cpu, before it was at 15%.

EDIT:
bot attack by
IRD address : ir2F1xrLFXUgpKAuxGQjew1ztrNR481h9EKEYm7ozbLxCcd7fUFesE6YAdZGTLMY9c9744zBgHXFdHb LpvwRvKnc1mLnvobvM
IP : 176.114.11.139
resolve to ladoshka.webcam

Wow, the botnet guys hijacking IoT devices already looking at Iridium?  Grin
That might explain the low diff, since it is some webcams, fridges or toasters mining.
But wait, I thought your pool isn't allowing a custom share diff to be set?!
no diff set, but auto adjust set it a little higher, bot then disconnect and reconnect.
Activity: 307
Merit: 101
someone know deepminer ?

those kind of bot are cpu eater and earn nothing by sending a lot of workers with a very low diff ability... it was reported at 16kH/s!

EDIT:
bot attack by
IRD address : ir2F1xrLFXUgpKAuxGQjew1ztrNR481h9EKEYm7ozbLxCcd7fUFesE6YAdZGTLMY9c9744zBgHXFdHb LpvwRvKnc1mLnvobvM

Wow, the botnet guys hijacking IoT devices already looking at Iridium?  Grin
That might explain the low diff, since it is some webcams, fridges or toasters mining.
But wait, I thought your pool isn't allowing a custom share diff to be set?!
Iridium (IRD) dev
someone know deepminer ?

EDIT:
bot attack by
Blockchain Height: 47500

500 blocks to go until the first Iridium protocol upgrade.
Activity: 11
Using the new wallet on Win 10 x64. It looks good...and syncs without an issue!

I must say, I like how this project is progressing!
Activity: 48
When will the coin appear in the stock exchanges? What do you need for this?
Iridium (IRD) dev
Are mine77 and irdpool running the 2.1.2 HF client? Asking because I see no mention of it on their main pages where the news are.
HF in appr. 16h from now.
EDIT: mine77 is rejecting connections. That's why it has zero workers now (12:00 UTC) and ever since the reboot nearly 10h ago (01:50 UTC). Something is still broken or stratum is disabled on purpose for maintenance or something.

I don't know I even doubt they are aware... I send them a message.
I know mine77 is away and I propose him to try fo fix his pool but no response yet

It wouldn't be good if nearly half of the hashrate keeps mining the old chain...
If there won't be a confirmation by the operators of irdpool and mine77 within the next six hours or so, that they run the new version, then I would advice miners to switch immediately to uvac and mine there. Everyone mining on the old chain will lose their mining rewards.

Yes, I know this... New wallet and seed nodes are ready for hard fork, so during the hard fork , I recommend people to leave their new wallet open too and yes, if the two others pools doesn't have change their daemon switch to my pool otherwise everything mined elsewhere will be definitely lost.

As the hard fork implement a new block version too, old wallets and daemons won't sync
Are mine77 and irdpool running the 2.1.2 HF client? Asking because I see no mention of it on their main pages where the news are.
EDIT: mine77 is rejecting connections. That's why it has zero workers now (12:00 UTC) and ever since the reboot nearly 10h ago (01:50 UTC). Something is still broken or stratum is disabled on purpose for maintenance or something.

I know mine77 is away and I propose him to try fo fix his pool but no response yet

It wouldn't be good if nearly half of the hashrate keeps mining the old chain...
If there won't be a confirmation by the operators of irdpool and mine77 within the next six hours or so, that they run the new version, then I would advice miners to switch immediately to uvac and mine there. Everyone mining on the old chain will lose their mining rewards.

Pool daemon was definitely restarted appr. 12h ago because it is synced now. Also pending payments were made. But stratum rejects connections.

That's why I recommended recently to spread the hash, because this happned with mine77 a few times in the recent past and always took a day or so to fix. But usually after the reboot the pool was fully operational again and when it works it actually works very well.

The owner first said it will be closed down for good sometime during December. Then the news on the pool said that membership will be transferred, which I guess means the pool will remain but someone else will operate it. Would be good if it continued.
Iridium (IRD) dev

Activity: 7
my pending balance is 230.17236953 ird,but last payment to my wallet was 4 hours ago,its normal?
and what about version of wallet:i install the last version of wallet but its not a 2.1.2-build3f5107e,my wallet shows me 2.1.2-8b2e405,its Ok?
I transferred the sources to the main GitHub account... I will make a new release with coherent tags updated
for the pool, give me your address in MP I will check.

pending balance ok now, payment done.
I setup the pool to send payments every 60s with a mixin of 5 (I like privacy...)

AND I repeat for everybody : load balance !
go to mine77 : it looks available .
thx for help with pending balance!
mine77 failed to connect

Iridium (IRD) dev
my pending balance is 230.17236953 ird,but last payment to my wallet was 4 hours ago,its normal?
and what about version of wallet:i install the last version of wallet but its not a 2.1.2-build3f5107e,my wallet shows me 2.1.2-8b2e405,its Ok?
I transferred the sources to the main GitHub account... I will make a new release with coherent tags updated
for the pool, give me your address in MP I will check.

pending balance ok now, payment done.
I setup the pool to send payments every 60s with a mixin of 5 (I like privacy...)

Pages:
Jump to: