Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [IXT] InsureX - blockchain-secured marketplace for Insurance - page 54. (Read 80995 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
InsureX, some questions

1) What are you partners/clients?
In this industry its mandatory to launch the product with partnerships to implement it ASAP.

2) What's the state of the product? Is it a finished product yet, or just an idea?

thanks

Hi yacthclub2017,

We have partnerships with some of the biggest insurance organizations which we will be announcing later on.

In terms of the product we are working towards an MVP with the goal to have an alpha version somewhere around Q4 this year.

Regards,
InsureX -vk

Hello. Thanks for the answer.
Why later on? As an investor, before the ICO i would like to know who this organizations are and what are the roadmap for them to impletement the product.

thanks
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Make sure that you research what you will need to do to keep this in the legal realm and be careful or all your hard work might get seized and taken from you just because the government hates crypto.

Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Investor
So I have a few technical questions if I may on the blockchain technology, and how it fits into insurex:

As I understand (and please correct me if Im wrong), confidential private insurance information won't be stored on the blockchain itself, but in the Nosql storage instead? So things like pricing, parties involved in an insurance deal, addresses and contacts of people will be stored in Nosql and not on the blockchain?

But everything else data wise will be written onto the ethereum blockchain? So things like:

- the whole marketplace where people buy and sell (with smart contracts implemented)
- actual insurance contract information
- terms and conditions for insurance contracts which can be issued via smart contracts (like Corda is able to do for banks now)
- portfolio info
- analytics

So what you're doing is having a hybrid..where some data is on ethereum, but other data is kept on a normal database, and the two meet together in an UI, built on normal application languages (node.js etc).

So the follow on question then would be: what type of backups/redundancy or contingency plans will you have if the ethereum network has issues? For example, bottleneck issues which we've seen recently. If a lot of data is purely on ethereum, and ethereum slows down or has other problems (which is possible because its still a third party and a work-in-progress), companies wont be able to access what they want

In essence, how are you ensuring data integrity and the ability to access the information a company needs on insurex in case something goes wrong on the blockchain or somewhere else?

What are your anticipated insurance transaction volumes on the insurex platform once the concept takes off? Because ethereum at the moment is showing some slowdown at 300,000 transactions a day (obviously that will improve with updates)

I would think some insurance companies would also want to use a sidechain to store their insurance information. So have their own private blockchain maintained in the cloud which covers all its sensitive information etc instead of a centralised nosql concept. So they would get the benefits of blockchain, but also keep control over their data in case things go wrong with a more standard public blockchain tech like ethereum

Im thinking something like Factom's blockchain technology to store insurance information as an add-on to insurex would also be good, so data is stored securely in an independent way, but also a smart way.

So..insurex is a great concept but I have some questions there....it doesnt say enough in the whitepaper about the extent of the blockchain implementation and whether everything's been thought of in regards to contingencies and how the control, safety and security of the data on it will work

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
InsureX, some questions

In this industry its mandatory to launch the product with partnerships to implement it ASAP.

2) What's the state of the product? Is it a finished product yet, or just an idea?

thanks

Hi yacthclub2017,

We have partnerships with some of the biggest insurance organizations which we will be announcing later on.

In terms of the product we are working towards an MVP with the goal to have an alpha version somewhere around Q4 this year.

Regards,
InsureX -vk
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
Here is a link to the thread I created because of the shady way TokenMarket does things:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19675679
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"

Be careful investing in any Tokens that TokenMarket is promoting.  

1 - They have made errors on the last 3 ICO's they held.  They still have not fixed a bug that prohibits the use of multisig wallets.  That error was made in the PTOY token and in the Monaco Token and caused a delay in both.

2 - They have and will change or make additions to the Smart Contract as they deem necessary even after you have made a token purchase.  This was done on the Monaco ICO where they wrote an additional contract and added it to the end of the ICO to collect additional funds even though those tokens were not in the original contract.

3- They did not tell the investors about it and have tried to justify that it is OK to break the original contract to make a few people happy.

4- I will not even go into how bad they fucked up the MetalPay ICO Huh
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109
Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!
i did the German ICO ANN thread and will keep an eye on this thread to update it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
crowdsale minimal goal 2,222 ETH campaign with TVE, I think this project will be success

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
InsureX, some questions

thanks
Out of curiosity why OrientDB? Lot's of options out there.

Hi c6m0h3,

As you know there is no single right answer when it comes to choosing your tech stack.
We decided to go with OrientDB because it is fast, reliable and it offers a lot of features which can help us with security and scalability.

Best,
InsureX -vk
Activity: 266
Merit: 107
I got BTC-e'd... I got WEXed...
InsureX, are the devs aware that nobody loves Jamalaese as a manager? You should hire another one. Jamalaese is susceptible to arbitrariness. Do you really think that you succeed wuth such the manager? Think about that.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1815
Rollbit.com | Crypto Futures
Why twitter insurex has not updated or post status anymore?
Activity: 38
Out of curiosity why OrientDB? Lot's of options out there.
Is your "Contact us" form working on your website. I don't think that my message went through.

Hi cryptknight1337, yes it's working now. Could you send us the message again if you sent it before yesterday please?

Regards,
InsureX
Activity: 5
Is your "Contact us" form working on your website. I don't think that my message went through.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
hello...

is the concept same as wetrust or there is another tech inside this project ?

Hi, I could not find a that many specific technology details in the WeTrust white paper so it's hard to say how we compare. We use an Ethereum blockchain, a Node.js server and React for our UI. We also store a portion of our data in OrientDB. The combination seems a perfect fit for our purpose - very scalable and robust yet lightweight. We will complement this with more specific technology as the platform evolves, for example, rule and workflow engines.

Regards,
InsureX - is

Oh the JavaScript stack is really nice.. Really looking forward to it.

Btw is the github repo (https://github.com/mtsvr/insurex-app) related to Insurex? Even though uve stated it to use ReactJS, there seems to be angular2+ implementation.

No, we haven't open sourced anything yet - but we will!
Activity: 122
hello...

Hi, I could not find a that many specific technology details in the WeTrust white paper so it's hard to say how we compare. We use an Ethereum blockchain, a Node.js server and React for our UI. We also store a portion of our data in OrientDB. The combination seems a perfect fit for our purpose - very scalable and robust yet lightweight. We will complement this with more specific technology as the platform evolves, for example, rule and workflow engines.

Regards,
InsureX - is

Oh the JavaScript stack is really nice.. Really looking forward to it.

Btw is the github repo (https://github.com/mtsvr/insurex-app) related to Insurex? Even though uve stated it to use ReactJS, there seems to be angular2+ implementation.
hello...

Hi, I could not find many specific technology details in the WeTrust white paper so it's hard to say how we compare. We use an Ethereum blockchain, a Node.js server and React for our UI. We also store a portion of our data in OrientDB. The combination seems a perfect fit for our purpose - very scalable and robust yet lightweight. We will complement this with more specific technology as the platform evolves, for example, rule and workflow engines.

Regards,
InsureX - is
Activity: 140
Never too old to learn
hello...

Pages:
Jump to: