Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] JeffColo - 3.5 MW / Miner Hosting / Colocation - West Coast (DC) - page 2. (Read 12292 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 30
For - Dedicated Rack -> $2000/month + Direct Utility Payment [ ~ 60 kW ]

How much is the electricity calculated per kWh?

Can you post some photos / videos of your datacenter?

Waiting for your reply to my above questions.

I believe you were sent a PM, let me know if you still have questions.
E-mail sent last week. No respond yet. Still waiting.

As stated above, we are busy building out at this time. We will not be responding to hosting requests quickly.

With the current state of the waiting list we have no available capacity opening up until late December 2017 to early January 2018.

If you sent us an email asking for a capacity reservation then you will be added to the list in the chronological order we receive the emails. We do not update the list on this announcement page everyday, we will attempt to update it every couple of weeks.

Obviously customer equipment that is showing up now needs to be setup and running as quickly as possible so our buildout is of the most importance in priorities.

Hosting requests for capacity that isn't built out yet must take a lower priority. I know this might seem hard to understand, but if you are a customer who has had equipment showing up in the last two weeks then you probably value this order of priorities quite a bit.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
E-mail sent last week. No respond yet. Still waiting.
Activity: 20

Waiting for your reply to my above questions.
List has been updated!
The next 30-40 days is crunch time and we will be extra busy receiving the last of the equipment and setting up the new datacenter space. Due to this we have started to fall behind in responding to hosting requests.

We understand it is critical to avoid delays in getting your equipment up and running as soon as it ships. Many of the customer requests we receive want absolute dates on power and space availability. If you are uncomfortable sending equipment to us for fear of delay, please host it yourself until the space is move in ready. Then ship it to us at that time to avoid any possible delays.

Prospective customers who have corresponded with us know that there is a capacity reservation waiting list for the various stages of our expansion. In an effort to stream line our hosting request process we decided to post our waiting list on the top of this service announcement page.

The reservations on the waiting list will be be fulfilled in first in first out order. User identities in the list will be replaced with random values known only by us and by the requester. Until the list is full you are assured that you have the option to host with us when it becomes available. If you request capacity after the list is full then you would only get an opportunity to host your equipment with us if someone else decides to refuse the offer.

Send us requests for hosting at [email protected] with the quantity, brand and model of the machines along with the total power consumption you expect to use. The list will be updated with your request in chronological order. If for some reason we are taking awhile to reply, rest assured that as long as you sent us a request the timestamp on the email will ensure your position.

When power and space become available we will go through the waiting list, when your name comes up you will be given the opportunity to commit to the agreement or refuse it at that time. If you refuse, the power allocation you had requested will passed forward to the next person on the list.

We have a master service agreement that we can provide for your review. Due to the waiting list there is no reason to sign the agreement immediately. We can go through that when the power actually becomes available and the space is move in ready.

Others have stated they are willing to accept the risk of delays and would like to send us their equipment directly from the manufacturer in order to save shipping expenses and take advantage of Oregon's lack of sales tax. Just realize that as hard as we may try, delays are possible and often outside our control. We will do our best to minimize delays as much as possible.

Thanks
Activity: 20

Activity: 333
Merit: 109
are you guys %100 now ?
Activity: 9
Email sent last week.  No response.  Just PMd
Hi Jeffcolo,

We have also emailed you regarding our requirement. Awaiting your revert. Stating the same here as well:-

We require around 250 KW of Miner Hosting. Miners we have are as below:-

S9 - 30 pcs- Currently hosted in China - Can shift in one week
T9 - 30 pcs - Currently hosted in China - Can shift in one week
L3+ - 125 pcs - Last Week of September
D3 -   15 pcs - Last Week of September
Innosilicon A5 - 10 pcs - 2nd Week of October

Please contact with availibility and pricing of utility electricity. We can rent one module from you.

Please check your email, if you don't see anything from me please send me a PM.
Activity: 84
Hi Jeffcolo,

We have also emailed you regarding our requirement. Awaiting your revert. Stating the same here as well:-

We require around 250 KW of Miner Hosting. Miners we have are as below:-

S9 - 30 pcs- Currently hosted in China - Can shift in one week
T9 - 30 pcs - Currently hosted in China - Can shift in one week
L3+ - 125 pcs - Last Week of September
D3 -   15 pcs - Last Week of September
Innosilicon A5 - 10 pcs - 2nd Week of October

Please contact with availibility and pricing of utility electricity. We can rent one module from you.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
Do you offer GPU hosting?  Would you also offer complete build and setup of GPU miners, meaning you procure the various equipment needed and get it up and running?

Yes, but only if your GPU rigs are in 19" server enclosures.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fs-bracket-to-mount-7-gpus-at-front-of-rosewill-l4xxx-server-chassis-updated-1731197

That forum talks about using the very economical Rosewill RSV-L4500 server case. You can get them at NewEgg.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811147164

There are also Grey Matter GPU cases that are very nice, but much more expensive.

https://www.miningrigs.net/

Typically we don't do complete builds of GPU equipment, although it is possible. It would have to be negotiated on a case by case basis depending on the complexity.

Thank you for the information, personally I think it would be easier if you guys sourced the build for me as it would create less confusion in my mind.  If this is something you would be interested in, please let me know, I understand if it is not.  To start, I would probably only want 1 or 2 rigs, but would scale up as we developed a relationship.
Sent email week ago looking to see if any room to start gosting. But no reply

Sorry we aren't receiving your email. Could you please send a pm with your email address.
Do you offer GPU hosting?  Would you also offer complete build and setup of GPU miners, meaning you procure the various equipment needed and get it up and running?

Yes, but only if your GPU rigs are in 19" server enclosures.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fs-bracket-to-mount-7-gpus-at-front-of-rosewill-l4xxx-server-chassis-updated-1731197

That forum talks about using the very economical Rosewill RSV-L4500 server case. You can get them at NewEgg.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811147164

There are also Grey Matter GPU cases that are very nice, but much more expensive.

https://www.miningrigs.net/

Typically we don't do complete builds of GPU equipment, although it is possible. It would have to be negotiated on a case by case basis depending on the complexity.

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
Do you offer GPU hosting?  Would you also offer complete build and setup of GPU miners, meaning you procure the various equipment needed and get it up and running?
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
Sent email week ago looking to see if any room to start gosting. But no reply
Activity: 689
Merit: 253
JeffColo has been my colocation hosting provider since about the beginning of this June (2017). Everything is going great so far. I have about a half dozen miners there.

Highly recommended+++
(You are welcome to PM me about my experience with the hosting service from the perspective of one of his clients)
I received an email asking me what the advantages to dedicated service are. I figured I would detail them here;

We charge $65/kW-month but that assumes that your machine has 100% uptime. If any of your machines have anything less than 100% uptime then you will come out ahead if you are fully utilizing the power delivery. There are all sorts of reasons you wouldn't achieve 100% uptime including crashed miners, faulty mining equipment out for repair, power outages, internet outages, regional internet congestion, pool server outages, etc.

If you are getting charged for power when a machine isn't mining that is equivalent to actually watching your mining revenues go in reverse. If you aren't getting charged for the power when your machine is off at least you aren't losing money you already earned.

In addition you can save 1-2% on energy costs by paying the utility with a credit card with a rewards program. We certainly do this, so this is a way to pass that benefit on to the customer.

Customers with large numbers of machines stand to benefit the most from dedicated services. The overall savings are small, but being able to optimize your operation with these additional features could potentially save a miner up to 10% over normal costs.
Been a while w/o discussion.  I am looking for a place to host additional miners.  

I looked at the website and it discusses only hosting your own server.  I'm not sure if anybody has had recent experience and would appreciate any feedback/help in finding someone to host ...

Our website is targeted at our traditional cloud/vps/colocation business. Hosting mining equipment is very different from hosting conventional servers in terms of power density, air flow and cooling requirements.

For the last several years we have operated at maximum capacity with a waiting list of eager people ready to fill any openings. So there hasn't really been much reason to setup a web site and advertise miner targeted hosting services when there is no room.

With our current build out, the project is large enough that we should have vacancies for a while. I'm tempted to advertise, but I've already received a ton of interest from people with rather large ambitions (>500 machines). So once again, probably not worth it.

Just updated our initial announcement to reflect our current offerings and upcoming capacity increase.
Pages:
Jump to: