Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Joinmarket - Coinjoin that people will actually use - page 9. (Read 84864 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
aradesh@aradesh:~/src/joinmarket$ python yield-generator.py blahhh
downloading wallet history
no tx used
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "yield-generator.py", line 95, in
    main()
  File "yield-generator.py", line 90, in main
    maker = YieldGenerator(wallet)
  File "yield-generator.py", line 26, in __init__
    Maker.__init__(self, wallet)
  File "/home/aradesh/src/joinmarket/maker.py", line 129, in __init__
    self.orderlist = self.create_my_orders()
  File "yield-generator.py", line 42, in create_my_orders
    max_mix = max(mix_balance, key=mix_balance.get)
ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence

i guess i should start mining Wink
Activity: 261
Merit: 518
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
Why isn't this merged yet?

I asked him that on the reddit post:

dooglus: I see you still didn't merge pull request #272[1] that does nothing but adds the default to the documentation.

belcher_: What is the actual practical alternative? I don't think the US military has an interest in JoinMarket like they have with tor.

I guess he's avoiding the question.
Activity: 223
Merit: 130
 Undecided

JM will be losing users because of this.

Why isn't this merged yet?  This is ridiculous to not document properly.  WTF, belcher?

Activity: 630
Merit: 767
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
That's a shame. I hope you will overcome that misunderstanding as a team and keep improving this unique project.

BTW Tails + Joinmarket would be very powerful.

Hope to see more development on that...
Activity: 12
Hey guys, why don't you set a vote system (with all developers - and maybe investors too) in order to choose where the money is gonna be invested?

This has nothing to do with where the funds go. My gripe is with the fact that a hidden "idiot/ignorance" tax was added to the tumbler with a default amount of 1.5%. If users weren't paying daily attention to code changes, they knew nothing about this "donation" amount being automatically deducted from their funds and sent to Chris Belcher. This is how things sat for two weeks until I started to make shit about it. Now Chris wants to act superior to everyone (including waxwing who is the only reason JoinMarket is even worth using) by only answering easy questions and intentionally manipulating the conversation.

Even the supposed announcement made to quell us into shutting up was manipulative. It is titled "Funding development of JoinMarket" and it's not even stickied. It should be an announcement that clearly states there has been a forced opt-out policy and it should be stickied at the very least. This just feels like disrespect piled on top of more disrespect and contempt for us, the not Chris Belchers.

For posterity, here's the thread in question: https://www.reddit.com/r/joinmarket/comments/3q27ys/funding_development_of_joinmarket/

Take a look at how to not address a topic head on. This is a wonderful example of an attempt to beat around a bush until everyone forgets it a bush. It's truly infuriating, as a problem solving human being, to have to deal with someone that acts like a religious fanatic, politician, or a used car salesman.
Activity: 630
Merit: 767
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
Hey guys, why don't you set a vote system (with all developers - and maybe investors too) in order to choose where the money is gonna be invested?
My view on this matter https://www.reddit.com/r/joinmarket/comments/3q27ys/funding_development_of_joinmarket/

JoinMarket will not exist long term unless development is funded. Chainalysis and Elliptic have dozens of full time developers working to destroy bitcoin's fungibility because they have no problem getting VC funding.

My reply: https://www.reddit.com/r/joinmarket/comments/3q27ys/funding_development_of_joinmarket/cwcfpf9
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
Just FYI: P2Pool has a very similar "revenue" model of default donations and people just switch it off there.

What should this money be used for anyways? Bounties? Salary? Infrastructure? Building a pool of project coins to earn money from?
Activity: 469
Merit: 253
My view on this matter https://www.reddit.com/r/joinmarket/comments/3q27ys/funding_development_of_joinmarket/

JoinMarket will not exist long term unless development is funded. Chainalysis and Elliptic have dozens of full time developers working to destroy bitcoin's fungibility because they have no problem getting VC funding.

That's understood, but what does 'funding' really mean here? There is no possibility of small donations paying meaningful salaries as VC could do. If funding of that sort is an issue (and sure, it is) then I'm not sure there's any good solution, but skewing the interface so that donations become more likely is not going to solve it (and can result in substantial loss of goodwill).

(I want to repeat to anyone reading, we're talking about *optional* donations here. The only discussion was about how it's presented to the user.)

Activity: 469
Merit: 253
tailsjoin:

I understand your perspective and hope you'll reconsider. I think it was a mistake not to make more effort to publicise the optional donation feature (specifically because there was a default opt-in rather than opt-out). I only started paying attention to it this week.
Code:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

I'm looking for someone to take over the maintenance of my Github:
https://github.com/tailsjoin/tailsjoin.
I no longer wish to participate in the development of this project because of this:
https://github.com/chris-belcher/joinmarket/pull/272.

If it's not clear to Chris Belcher that EVERYONE deserves to know where their funds
are going, and how much, then I don't want to have anything to do with it.
Regardless of how this PR goes or what happens with the donation bullshit, I am no
longer working on this.

If you would like to take ownership of the tailsjoin project, please email me at:
[email protected] using my GPG key: 44C5398EA821BB41A0C070521B9184DF9E117718.
Unencrypted email will be deleted directly.

- -- tailsjoin Sat Oct 24 17:05:01 UTC 2015 --

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=JxVw
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
Idea: Joinmarket Autonomous Agent

A Joinmarket program living on a server making money all by itself via serving customers. Once it has made enough profit it can replicate by renting another server at a (pre programmed) hosting company and installing a copy of itself. It might even send some share home.

Given the somewhat critical nature of joinmarket/coinjoin regarding money laundering this might be a good match. Please consider whether this is legal first, I have no idea.
You don't need to do that. It increases privacy if your IRC bot's nickname is generated randomly.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
how can i change "nickname = random_nick()" to my nickname? if i simply change it its wont work.

nickname = 'your-nick'

then restart yield-generator.

regards.

spiccioli
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
how can i change "nickname = random_nick()" to my nickname? if i simply change it its wont work.
Talking about Joinmarket (and also privacy), is it fully compatible with TOR?

Yes

How much can i earn with this? i have 0.01 btc

Not very much probably.

In development news, you can now use JoinMarket to send to p2sh addresses too. This was a simple but overlooked fix.

The ob-watcher.py script web page now has the page /orderbook.json which returns all the current offers by makers.

There is a new script which allows you to create unsigned coinjoin transactions. This can be useful if you want to spend from cold storage without the private key touching an internet-connected computer. It can also be used to spend from a p2sh multisig address where many different people must sign the transaction.

https://github.com/chris-belcher/joinmarket/wiki/Spending-from-cold-storage,-P2SH-or-other-exotic-inputs-with-CoinJoin

On the downside, it requires you to manipulate raw transactions and private keys and is thus quite dangerous. Always carefully check your transactions before signing and broadcasting them. Preferably do it a few times on testnet first.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
How much can i earn with this? i have 0.01 btc
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
https://blockchain.info/tx/7e6fe504cc3030997e40655af53f06be04ef5fe2ee7df3430d41d571a75af285 is a messy one - one of the parties cleaned up a whole bunch of small outputs to fund it.
Pages:
Jump to: