Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [LEMON] LemonCoin - Argon2 coin done right - page 6. (Read 76620 times)

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
You gotta laff really...3 days after lemoncoin gets delisted, and the hashrate is as high as it ever was. Someone is playing games here.

As for Cryptopia, i suspect that what they are doing with "older" coins , is only the tip of the iceberg. I think under then "KYC" rules, all exchanges now have to comply withm that this will hapen to vitrually all old coins, where they dont meet the latest criteria.
It's just that the more reputable exchanges are updating the rules quicker....have a look at Poloniex, its now a nightmare....
Welcome to the new "regulated " world of cryto

Only think i can suggest is making sure you have local wallets for all coins, and dont leave any coins on exchanges....complete pain, but thats why i have 4TB drives in my mining rigs.
Things are going to get a lot worse i recon.
Activity: 135
Merit: 6
MegaX as well.  I have 2 MGX and the fee is 4.  ATH fee is 0.04.  DA$ fee is 200.  IQR fee is 90
LEMON delisting was very sudden and I was never contacted regarding any problems, as far as I know there are no issues. Lemon is one of the leading Argon2 coins and has higher hashrate than most of them.

I contacted Cryptopia, I really hope they reconsider. If not, I will try to get LEMON listed on some other exchange.

They sent out there standard 30day warning to me.
But
They require a working block explorer, which i dont think lemon has (the one i have a link to is always way behind)
I also believe that all coin devs now have to pass the much higher ID requirements...so i am expecting that they will be delisting literally hundreds of old coins, esp if they can get hold of the devs.

I think all exchanges will unfortunately be doing same going forward.

I wish you luck.
J

They never sent any warning to me, which is regrettable considering that I reply to every email and every message I get.

I'm really angry at Cryptopia and I'm thinking that I should take my coin to more professional exchange. Now I'm not sure if it's worth it, I don't get any profit from it, but it's probably worth a try.

Believe me I am also very angry with Cryptopia.  They have delisted what 50% of the coins that were previously trading in the last several months?  That's ridiculous! It has caused me days of frustration trying to figure out where I can store the coins out of the exchange.  50% of the coins I could not either find a place, their exchange would not allow withdraws, the fee was too high, or thankfully Yobit carried some of them but sometimes the deposit address says no free address.  A few of them I lost $100s of dollars such as Kangaroo Bits, Tattoocoin and Fire Rooster Coin if I could have withdrew and sold them on another exchange.  And this the worst time to be getting rid of coins when pretty much all altcoins are down like 80 to 99% from all time highs yet exchanges like Cryptopia are forcing it.

Anyone want to trade ATH DA$ or IQT for a buck or two.  I can't even withdraw those coins because their fee is too high.  I have 0.02 ATH, 54 DA$, 60 IQT 
I have lemon coins on cryptopia. Is there any place I can store the coins now?
Activity: 589
Merit: 500
LEMON delisting was very sudden and I was never contacted regarding any problems, as far as I know there are no issues. Lemon is one of the leading Argon2 coins and has higher hashrate than most of them.

I contacted Cryptopia, I really hope they reconsider. If not, I will try to get LEMON listed on some other exchange.

But
They require a working block explorer, which i dont think lemon has (the one i have a link to is always way behind)
I also believe that all coin devs now have to pass the much higher ID requirements...so i am expecting that they will be delisting literally hundreds of old coins, esp if they can get hold of the devs.

I wish you luck.
J

They never sent any warning to me, which is regrettable considering that I reply to every email and every message I get.

I'm really angry at Cryptopia and I'm thinking that I should take my coin to more professional exchange. Now I'm not sure if it's worth it, I don't get any profit from it, but it's probably worth a try.

But

I wish you luck.
J
Activity: 589
Merit: 500

Quite interesting to watch.

The coin has was given its 30 days notice, so with Cryptopia that means they usually stop all trading 10 days before final delisting to give chance for last minute trading, then time to remove any remaining coins....yet
up until the final day, hashrate did not diminish, and now there is no market left, hashrate is still only down 50%.
Kinda proves what i suspected, that there is one main player who is mining this for his own agenda...so even in its "dead state" the hash is still to high to make it viable to mine...
Still, it allows then to hodl 7200 coins a day, so if they can ever manage to get the coin listed again @ say 10 sats, they will make a reasonable amount of money.

My guess is in 90 days or so, it will re-appear on a new exchange so someone can try and dump their stash....
J
Too bad Lemoncoin is delisted on Cryptopia, it was a very good initiative. Is there any chance someone will continue this project?

Where were you 2 years ago? I think you missed the boat slightly
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
Too bad Lemoncoin is delisted on Cryptopia, it was a very good initiative. Is there any chance someone will continue this project?
copper member
Activity: 174
Merit: 10
And there it goes.. Delisted. What a shame.

Anyone want to buy some LEMONs?
wallet has no connection now. Cryptopia wallet is the same.

Darn, thats a shame after all this time

With the drop to 5 Lemon a block, i'm guessing the last couple of miners have given up and shut their wallets too...
Pity cos if Cryptopia doesnt see any new blocks fairly soon, they will start de-list process

Just checked Cryptopia, they have 1 node
addnode=45.32.180.199:22331
and hashrate is same as always 410K-450K...it's literally 1 miner.
Far as i know they have a private gpu miner...i got offered one ages ago, but the guy wanted a stupid amount for it.
J
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
wallet has no connection now. Cryptopia wallet is the same.
copper member
I am currently working on new version of wallet, main highlight is much improved performance.

I also started working with Bitcoinsfacil, they are going to help me with marketing and management.
We have more news prepared that we will share soon.

Hey man, I noticed this is the most recent post you've made on bitcointalk.org - Just wondering if there's any hope in seeing a wallet upgrade. There are a lot of cool features that would immediately make this wallet more user friendly and I don't think they'd be too difficult to implement. I know very little of the QT system or Core but I know that several alts have made just simple things like a 'start mining' and 'number of cores' settings.
copper member
I don't want to see this coin turn into LMC - the 'true' "Lemon" lemoncoin. It's been dead pretty much since 2014.
They had set up lemoncoin.org but now it's empty. They've got a hidden whois on the .org but it is run on godaddy.com.
Lemon.com and Lemon.io both seem to be available, "@WithTheLemons!".

LEMON is still on Cryptopia so not all is lost. With the halvening and the slow response from dev we need some momentum back on this project.

Anyone have an idea on how to do so? I wouldn't take much to get some value back into this blockchain.

If it indeed follows the possible bitcoin spike due to global market volatility then we could see spikes as high as before or more.  Smiley

https://coinranking.com/coin/lemoncoin-lemon

I'd be happy with 0.01usd/LEMON. It rested there for a while and it wasn't even that long ago. The whole altcoin market is suffering but it seems like the time to not panic, but get in and hodl.

Hi,

I could be wrong, but i think this coin is being mined by 1 or 2 individuals who probably have access to  cheap servers, and are keeping the hash so high so they get all the coins...less than 9 months ago, this coin was easily mineable with just the wallet and 4-8 threads....since they jumped in, even with a 1800X OC'd lucky to mine 5-10 blocks a day, which now at 5 coin is frankly pathetic.

To me the only solution i see is for some to open a pool...but like i say i think a couple of indivuiduals are screwing this for everyone else. Heck i used to mine it with less than 1KH/s and get 10 times the blocks i do now.
As for the price, i think it will slowly tank, i see 10 sats in the future but probably will sit at that for months....other thing to watch is if cryptopia get bored, i can see it going on a delist list soon, if the trades dont pick up....
J
That's unfortunate. I've suggested the idea before of taking the script from a few of the pools that existed before but I'm not sure if they are cloneable or as you said if that would even benefit the project if there are a few huge server miners out there bending the network.
I don't want to see this coin turn into LMC - the 'true' "Lemon" lemoncoin. It's been dead pretty much since 2014.
They had set up lemoncoin.org but now it's empty. They've got a hidden whois on the .org but it is run on godaddy.com.

LEMON is still on Cryptopia so not all is lost. With the halvening and the slow response from dev we need some momentum back on this project.

Anyone have an idea on how to do so? I wouldn't take much to get some value back into this blockchain.

If it indeed follows the possible bitcoin spike due to global market volatility then we could see spikes as high as before or more.  Smiley

I'd be happy with 0.01usd/LEMON. It rested there for a while and it wasn't even that long ago. The whole altcoin market is suffering but it seems like the time to not panic, but get in and hodl.

Hi,

I could be wrong, but i think this coin is being mined by 1 or 2 individuals who probably have access to  cheap servers, and are keeping the hash so high so they get all the coins...less than 9 months ago, this coin was easily mineable with just the wallet and 4-8 threads....since they jumped in, even with a 1800X OC'd lucky to mine 5-10 blocks a day, which now at 5 coin is frankly pathetic.

To me the only solution i see is for some to open a pool...but like i say i think a couple of indivuiduals are screwing this for everyone else. Heck i used to mine it with less than 1KH/s and get 10 times the blocks i do now.
As for the price, i think it will slowly tank, i see 10 sats in the future but probably will sit at that for months....other thing to watch is if cryptopia get bored, i can see it going on a delist list soon, if the trades dont pick up....
J
copper member

copper member
block size 5 lemon, mining isnt profitable now

Noticed this and thought something was wrong - then remembered the halvening. I guess it's been another year.

The price could have kindly doubled to make the halvening less drastic to worth of mining but sadly this doesn't appear to be the case.
If LEMON rides the waves of BTC then when the price goes up maybe this will too. HODL till then.

Debating the profitability of mining now. 5 is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Lemon Coin coins have good market development opportunities, and the project team needs to redouble their efforts to seize them, bringing good returns to investors.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
block size 5 lemon, mining isnt profitable now
Pages:
Jump to: