Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LIBRA - Simple Global Currency - Reinvent Money - By Facebook - page 7. (Read 2848 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
Did they make any official comments yet whether they will do an ICO/IEO for LIBRA or they will be just minable?
NO ICO/IEO for Libra and Libra isn't minable. Libra is based on proof-of-stake. If you are ordinary people, you can't make money on Libra since it is like a 'stable coin'.

If you want to earn money with Libra, maybe you can be one of the founding members that paid a minimum $10 million, just what said below and you can read more about Libra there.

Libra is totally different on some cryptocurrencies that are totally shit and scattered over that doing such an ICO/IEO just to scam and steal people's money.

Each founding member paid a minimum of $10 million to join and optionally become a validator node operator (more on that later), gain one vote in the Libra Association council and be entitled to a share (proportionate to their investment) of the dividends from interest earned on the Libra reserve into which users pay fiat currency to receive Libra.

Activity: 813
Merit: 65
If is not minable is not a cryptovalue for me
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
This could be a very good effect on general judgment of crypto worldwide.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

Very centralize of course. Its not mineable so how is this going to be distributed if they will, are we going to receive coins specially those active facebook members?
It doesn't matter if its centralized though as long as it an bring more users to bitcoin, it will promote cryptocurrency as a whole to which Bitcoin will still be on top.

Still, we don't have complete details whether it is mineable or not, even we don't know how much supply they are going to keep and what are the specification they are going to keep for its own blockchain. Still, lot more details to be released in the coming days from the Facebook team.
Activity: 1622
Merit: 270
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Facebook collected so much personal data and then just lost it ...
I don’t think that something from Zuckerberg can be trusted.
Besides, it will be completely anti-decentralized.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 501
Did they make any official comments yet whether they will do an ICO/IEO for LIBRA or they will be just minable?
Activity: 2030
Merit: 578
No God or Kings, only BITCOIN.
I hope this is not a fake, and this coin will really make something worthwhile.

I just said above your post that it isn't fake here is the news about it https://techcrunch.com/2019/06/18/facebook-libra/. But I am not into them, I don't think that they really are something worthwhile for a cryptocurrency, they are alike somehow with XRP.
Activity: 273
Merit: 3

It isn't fake moreover they aren't something worthwhile for the true meaning of decentralization.

Activity: 2030
Merit: 578
No God or Kings, only BITCOIN.

It isn't fake moreover they aren't something worthwhile for the true meaning of decentralization.
Activity: 637
Merit: 511
I ❤ the bitcoin community
I totally hope the facebook coin fails... long live Bitcoin (BTC) BTC

let's sit back and see what happens...I know I will keep building my bags.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
3) Reskinned PayPal.
To me it does not like a cryptocurrency which follows Satoshi's spirit of financial freedom. Instead, by using it you will lock yourself into an ecosystem primarily controlled by for profit companies which do not care about privacy at all.
The Libra Association – Crypto’s New Oligarchy

The end is nigh.
End of what? decentralization? crypto? or what?

There's an additional info that I've read, they are asking for KYC like what the heck FB is doing that if they already know the details of all of their users. Truly this Libra is centralized.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Activity: 23

Now everybody just picture that piranha-like swarm of blockchain savvy black hats that are already cultivating their hardons for when they finally get a go at molesting sweet facecoin!

Grin

Ain't gonna be enough popcorn in the universe (remember to stock up long positions!), because this will inevitably get hacked-

or does anyone seriously think that a centralized sillycone valley run corporate $hitcoin with a cpl billion facebook users will not have boatloads of vulnerabilities waiting to be exploited?

couldn't agree more with you mate, what's the point if the concept of decentralization of blockchain become centralized?
Activity: 7
Merit: 11

3) Reskinned PayPal.
To me it does not like a cryptocurrency which follows Satoshi's spirit of financial freedom. Instead, by using it you will lock yourself into an ecosystem primarily controlled by for profit companies which do not care about privacy at all.
The Libra Association – Crypto’s New Oligarchy

The end is nigh.
Activity: 10
what has been your friend's and family's reaction to this so far? very interesting to hear.

I hate FB but that libra video is just awesome... don't you think?
Activity: 10
A first technical impression of Libra compared against Eth 1 and Eth 2.:

https://twitter.com/protolambda/status/1141010796786401281
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

Now everybody just picture that piranha-like swarm of blockchain savvy black hats that are already cultivating their hardons for when they finally get a go at molesting sweet facecoin!

Grin

Ain't gonna be enough popcorn in the universe (remember to stock up long positions!), because this will inevitably get hacked-

or does anyone seriously think that a centralized sillycone valley run corporate $hitcoin with a cpl billion facebook users will not have boatloads of vulnerabilities waiting to be exploited?

Activity: 1
Everyone's talking about Libra! CT on fire!

I'm checking out the tech. Running a testnet.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag

Very centralize of course. Its not mineable so how is this going to be distributed if they will, are we going to receive coins specially those active facebook members?
It doesn't matter if its centralized though as long as it an bring more users to bitcoin, it will promote cryptocurrency as a whole to which Bitcoin will still be on top.
Activity: 443
Merit: 107
We could be living in a world where five years from now Facebook is a de-facto controller of the Venezuelan economy due to the adoption of their stable crypto currency in the face of economic depression and hyper inflation of the centralized currency. This is not a good thing for anyone if a company could wield that much power.
Pages:
Jump to: