Author

Topic: [ANN] Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin. Launched! - page 397. (Read 1466359 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Guys, here's a context diff for few % faster implementation of scrypt.c:

Tried applying this to commit a8a1f3f8d4f1d3d891c049cd3d3b88e6960d9ca6 version of scrypt.c from ArtForz cpuminer and failed.  I can see what you're doing here, when I'm less sleepy I'll patch this in by hand.
Activity: 313
Merit: 251
Third score
I don't know why everyone is getting this number of orphans. I only got 45% orphans since 3:05AM GMT.

Daemon at a Public IP address with 19 peers connected currently.
Well it stops at  8 connections for me.
only orphans

also the network latency seems to be an issue, if you are in Europe you're apparently screwed..

I am also in Europe. In the farthest possible place.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065
Guys, here's a context diff for few % faster implementation of scrypt.c:

Code:
*** scrypt.c.bak	2011-10-12 21:52:49.166078144 -0700
--- scrypt.c 2011-10-12 22:53:33.717402266 -0700
*** 31,75 ****
--- 31,94 ----
  #include
  #include
  #include
+ #ifdef __GNUC__
+ #include
+ #endif

static inline uint32_t
  be32dec(const void *pp)
  {
+ #ifdef __GNUC__
+ return bswap_32(*(uint32_t const *)pp);
+ #else
  const uint8_t *p = (uint8_t const *)pp;

return ((uint32_t)(p[3]) + ((uint32_t)(p[2]) << 8) +
      ((uint32_t)(p[1]) << 16) + ((uint32_t)(p[0]) << 24));
+ #endif
  }

static inline void
  be32enc(void *pp, uint32_t x)
  {
+ #ifdef __GNUC__
+ *(uint32_t*)pp = bswap_32(x);
+ #else
  uint8_t * p = (uint8_t *)pp;

p[3] = x & 0xff;
  p[2] = (x >> 8) & 0xff;
  p[1] = (x >> 16) & 0xff;
  p[0] = (x >> 24) & 0xff;
+ #endif
  }

static inline uint32_t
  le32dec(const void *pp)
  {
+ #ifdef __GNUC__
+ return *(uint32_t const *)pp;
+ #else
  const uint8_t *p = (uint8_t const *)pp;

return ((uint32_t)(p[0]) + ((uint32_t)(p[1]) << 8) +
      ((uint32_t)(p[2]) << 16) + ((uint32_t)(p[3]) << 24));
+ #endif
  }

static inline void
  le32enc(void *pp, uint32_t x)
  {
+ #ifdef __GNUC__
+ *(uint32_t*)pp = x;
+ #else
  uint8_t * p = (uint8_t *)pp;

p[0] = x & 0xff;
  p[1] = (x >> 8) & 0xff;
  p[2] = (x >> 16) & 0xff;
  p[3] = (x >> 24) & 0xff;
+ #endif
  }

You can use this code for other SCRYPT based coins as well. There's quite a bit of opportunity for further optimization, especially on the 64-bit systems, but I just don't have time to do it now. If somebody uses a Visual Studio compilers for Windows, the equivalent of "bswap_32" is "_byteswap_ulong". Have fun.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
One reason why I dump all my CPU hashes here is I find the coin owner humble and willing to listen to others and seems to have no quarrels with the rest unlike the rest of the coins which seemed to be created out to spite each other.  Some hiccups here and there but seemed to be ironed out with the help of the owner.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hope you guys are having fun with your demons while I am mining SC2 Smiley
donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
I just checked in code to lock in block 4032 after diff change.
Please grab latest source. Windows client coming soon.
Could be re: latency.  Although I'm like 6 miles and 1 hop from Level3's headquarters, so if this is mostly a northam thing I should be good to go -- yet I wasn't.

In other exciting news networkhashps is now estimated at 1400 khash.  After 3 hours we're where tenebrix was after a week!  If this keeps up we may have our proof whether a six year founder premine affects adoption rate or not.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
I don't know why everyone is getting this number of orphans. I only got 45% orphans since 3:05AM GMT.

Well it stops at  8 connections for me.
only orphans

also the network latency seems to be an issue, if you are in Europe you're apparently screwed..
And boom!  After retarget I mined 2 blocks, both are being confirmed.  I'm on my way to being a litecoin bazillionare!
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Diff just changed
0x1e03ffff (0.00097655)
Activity: 313
Merit: 251
Third score

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
I'm getting sometimes mined block with "?" state. What does it mean?
This is exciting.  Should be coming up on our second retarget opportunity, let's see if difficulty gets sane enough that this 90% stale and 90% orphaned stuff settles down...
Guys, if I'm seeing "proof of work result: true", does it mean not an orphan?
I saw a couple of falses, a couple of trues, and nothing in my wallet except donations.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1498/what-does-proof-of-work-result-false-booooo-mean-when-mining

'True! Yaaay' means you found a block.  Being orphaned comes after that.

Are you using the gui? Just go to the 'transactions' tab.  Mined blocks will show as that "Mined"

As I said, using the UI I'm not seeing coins, so I figured that I didn't successful mine.

So what does result:false mean?

False means you submitted a stale share, as in the block you were working on had already been solved, thus your submissions is 'false'.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Ron Gross
I saw a couple of falses, a couple of trues, and nothing in my wallet except donations.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1498/what-does-proof-of-work-result-false-booooo-mean-when-mining

Are you using the gui? Just go to the 'transactions' tab.  Mined blocks will show as that "Mined"

As I said, using the UI I'm not seeing coins, so I figured that I didn't successful mine.

So what does result:false mean?

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

It means that the proof-of-work is valid, but the block can still be orphaned if someone reports finding it before you. This should settle down once the difficulty goes up.

Nope, doesn't mean that at all.  It just means it wasn't stale.  You can run litecoind listtransactions to see how much money you're missing out on. =)
legendary
Ron Gross

legendary
Ron Gross
The miner you are given doesn't have required files, keep on saying that libe is missing, this lib is missing ....
How many version or times, i have to download windows client & windows daemon.
Its seems more than 4-5 times downloaded & now dont even know which is the correct version & which i have to run.

Hrm.  One more try for the windows guys, this time linking static?

I reported this problem earlier, you need to download libstdc++-6.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and put them in the daemon's folder.
I downloaded mine from mingw, it took some time, you might also find them on google (I don't know a trusted site except mingw).

BTW, still, nobody is willing to send me a test donation of 0.01 LTC? 0.001?
Just want to make sure it works, I'm mining but haven't found a block yet.

LWydKD9DzqxjbroEwksGYLnfZJeQJa9KFttr

Sent, transaction id f237d10378f41510c599be202cc936792e29eededc5cfaf1848f378bb03a0bfb

Thanks to everyone, I now have 0.121 LTC, the donation stream can stop.
Now I just need to mine ... damn, this was so easy on testnet Smiley
Jump to: