Author

Topic: [ANN] Lykke - Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, FX and Digital Assets - page 104. (Read 144610 times)

legendary
Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000
Could you explain why here you say.
So ICO price is 3x higher than the earliest funding rounds

First funding round was in July 2015 at not disclosed price for 500k CHF.

Second round of funding was at 0.14 CHF in March 2016.

The 0.004 CHF per LKK was the price in December associated with the competition. Participants of the marketplace competition received LKK at this price and could choose to convert to CHF. It was possible to buy at 0.14 CHF in March, but I think not many chose to do so.

How come the ICO price has went down from 0.14 CHF in March to 0.05 CHF now?
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

Nice! Thanks!

Since I'm on IOS it's even the first time I see the Android-App!
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
On US regulation - thanks for the question. US has different rules than other countries. Any investment solicited to the public needs to go through the SEC. As far I know it is planned to do that, but it is a slow process. Therefore private placement regulation applies. Some things are outlined here, but we'll need to prepare some more material on this question soon:
https://medium.com/@pullnews/crowdfunding-the-future-exchange-16cffe9b53bb

US citizens can't buy Lykke in general way? We need mote procedures, damn... Fortunately we have lower tax rates than European countries.

This is just my guess (I'm not a lawyer): marketing and actual buying are two different things. Marketing securities in the US requires permission by the SEC. Every cryptocurrency has this problem I believe. Since Lykke is also a legal entity, it has to consider all aspects. We'll come back on this question next week for sure. I believe currently it is possible to buy LKK through the app with Bitcoin in US, but not with fiat. The key difference to understand is that Lykke will seek regulation as an exchange. License for the Asian market is already acquired. We will improve the public material to outline all current and future aspects of this. The placement memorandum is the vetted document for the ICO: https://lykke.com/Lykke_Corp_Placement_Memorandum.pdf
Activity: 130
On US regulation - thanks for the question. US has different rules than other countries. Any investment solicited to the public needs to go through the SEC. As far I know it is planned to do that, but it is a slow process. Therefore private placement regulation applies. Some things are outlined here, but we'll need to prepare some more material on this question soon:
https://medium.com/@pullnews/crowdfunding-the-future-exchange-16cffe9b53bb

US citizens can't buy Lykke in general way? We need mote procedures, damn... Fortunately we have lower tax rates than European countries.
On US regulation - thanks for the question. US has different rules than other countries. Any investment solicited to the public needs to go through the SEC. As far I know it is planned to do that, but it is a slow process. Therefore private placement regulation applies. We'll need to prepare some more material on this question soon.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
A point of clarification please.  How can a US-citizen buy (also sell) LKK. But: the US-citizen can't actively trade on Lykke as long as it's not regulated in the USA.?

I'm not totally sure myself tbh. It seems to be about the definition of trading.

I'll try to clarify that point but as far as I know the team is on a meeting over the weekend.
Yes, thanks for following up on this
legendary
A point of clarification please.  How can a US-citizen buy (also sell) LKK. But: the US-citizen can't actively trade on Lykke as long as it's not regulated in the USA.?

I'm not totally sure myself tbh. It seems to be about the definition of trading.

I'll try to clarify that point but as far as I know the team is on a meeting over the weekend.
A point of clarification please.  How can a US-citizen buy (also sell) LKK. But: the US-citizen can't actively trade on Lykke as long as it's not regulated in the USA.?
legendary
Could someone explain the impact of the comments in the whitepaper that exclude US Citizens from trading (on exchange) Lykke coins?

I've posted that question in the slack-channel.

Slack is not on their website, do you have a link handy

Their slack is not a public slack. But this telegram-channel is open for everyone:
https://telegram.me/joinchat/AEGiqkF-_dNaHMwQbRSnAg

But I'll post the answer here once I have it or maybe LykkeX can give answer on your question.
Great, thanks very much

The situation for US-citizen is a little bit complicated: If I understand it correctly, US-citizen can buy (also sell) LKK. But: Lykke wouldn't be allowed to do any direct advertising to US-citizen and US-citizen can't actively trade on Lykke as long as it's not regulated in the USA. But they already taking steps to get regulated in the USA.
legendary

I just saw this in ETHtrader reddit,  did a bunch of reading on the Lykke platform, and just downloaded the Android wallet. 

Have not installed it currently, was wondering if ETH funding is already integrated into it.

Thanks!

It's already possible to buy LKK with ETH. I'm on IOS but I believe it's the same:

1. My Lykke
2. Buy Lykke

...and Ethereum can be chosen as currency to buy LKK.

Thanks for the quick reply Tempus, I will get everything set up and report back, 
I love how fast the crypto world moves these days.

Yes, absolutely agree! And I really like that more and more also user-friendly quality comes out. That's still kind of missing in Crypto but already 2017 could be a big year! :-) 
Activity: 141
???

I just saw this in ETHtrader reddit,  did a bunch of reading on the Lykke platform, and just downloaded the Android wallet. 

Have not installed it currently, was wondering if ETH funding is already integrated into it.

Thanks!

It's already possible to buy LKK with ETH. I'm on IOS but I believe it's the same:

1. My Lykke
2. Buy Lykke

Thanks for the quick reply Tempus, I will get everything set up and report back, 
I love how fast the crypto world moves these days.

legendary

Thanks!

1. My Lykke
2. Buy Lykke

Activity: 141
???

Thanks!
legendary
Newsletter-Update:

Dear Lykke friends,

This is our Lykke Times newsletter #14.

There were lots of things happening in September. The Lykke community, which has considerably grown this month, seemed to be more active than ever.

These are the news we would like to share:

Airline industry coin: Insights from IATA
Integrating Ethereum for Lykke Exchange
Lykke ICO update: 627k CHF raised, 11 days to go
New logo for Lykke
Community: 1277 Wallet Users & 2000+ Followers
Media: ESMA, CLS, Worldcore
Science Art: New interactive net art project

(...)

http://us12.campaign-archive1.com/?u=c9fb788cc123f23b892b90527&id=ca5ed257bd

This IATA-Coin could turn out to be very interesting.
Could someone explain the impact of the comments in the whitepaper that exclude US Citizens from trading (on exchange) Lykke coins?

Their slack is not a public slack. But this telegram-channel is open for everyone:

But I'll post the answer here once I have it or maybe LykkeX can give answer on your question.
Great, thanks very much

tempus beat me to it. Slack works on invite basis (founders, employees, contributors), since its paid per user. Telegram is fully open. We considered opening slack fully, but there are no good options if its paid, because it works based on number of users.

We might considering opening a public channel on slack, starting a new public slack or starting a forum. Suggestions welcome. Telegram should work fine.
legendary

legendary

Jump to: