Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Lyrabar - A rare bar with Lyra2REv2 algorithm, 0.9.1 is out! [CPU/GPU PoW] - page 11. (Read 67654 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
The precious bar
Thanks but I don't see the "algo switch".
I assume it'll change from lyra2re to lyra2rev2...

You're exactly right about both things!

I haven't done any algorithm related commits yet, also, the algorithm will be changed to the fixed Lyra2REv2.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Thanks but I don't see the "algo switch".
I assume it'll change from lyra2re to lyra2rev2...
The precious bar
I don't see any recent commit on github... Is there a new repository?

Hi,

There's only one repository, https://github.com/Lyrabar/Lyrabar/ and I have two different branches there. All the commits for the next version are in the developement branch, after I feel satisfied with the updated source, merging with master branch happens.

Next version is going to be 0.9.1 because of many major fixes.

Seems there is a bug in the transaction fee, next version also includes a fix for this issue, people should be then able to send larger amount of coins in a transaction.

Also, the poolserver stability will improve after this update. With this txfee bug, Redis hangs up and is not recoverable until a reboot. This bug kills the stratum when the daemon tries to send large amount of coins at once.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
I don't see any recent commit on github... Is there a new repository?
The precious bar
where down 0.9.0.2 version wallet ? dev

where new wallet HuhHuh??     Huh Angry

People can follow the developement process on the GitHub.

The reason why I haven't released 0.9.0.2 yet is that my style is not to make lots of versions with small fixes.

The patch will include for example long waited CPU solo mining fix for the wallet, read-only addresses for future things and so on.

Going to inform everyone when the release is close, so all the pools have time to prepare their stratums for the algo switch.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
where down 0.9.0.2 version wallet ? dev

where new wallet HuhHuh??     Huh Angry
Activity: 518
Merit: 250

I don't know, but I bet the hashrate would be a lot more if my computer had the file pthreadVC2.dll

If you have a NVIDIA GPU (what I believe because you are missing that file), make sure you have the needed Visual Studio redistributables.

I've been successfully mining Lyra2RE with a NVIDIA Compute 2.x GPU (GTX460) with this miner in the link:

https://github.com/KBomba/ccminer-KBomba/releases/tag/V1.0.02

Big thanks KBomba for compiling the miner with Compute 2.x support!
Lyra2REv2 support for same compute versions could also be great.

Yeah, I was trying to use the Maxwell optimized miner from cryptomining-blog (it supposedly doubles the hashrate for Maxwell cards), but my gtx750s are all in older XP computers and they're having problems. 

A GTX 750 ti doesn't even need a PCI connector from the PSU, because it only draws 35 watts, so you can use it in any computer.  And even if the computer is so old that it doesn't have a PCIeX16 slot on the motherboard, you can use a PCIeX1 adaptor cable and still get over 80% speed for Folding@Home, which is what I'm using them for.  I don't think it would be nearly as effective running it that way for mining, but we have these $50 Dell refurb computers at my job so I put 750 cards in them. 

I'm happy cpu-mining for now, but maybe I'll try gpus again later with Windows 8.   
The precious bar

I don't know, but I bet the hashrate would be a lot more if my computer had the file pthreadVC2.dll

If CPU mining, make sure you have 64-bit OS and use the latest cpuminer-multi from tpruvot's github. That's what I use with CPUs.

https://github.com/tpruvot/cpuminer-multi/releases

If you have a NVIDIA GPU (what I believe because you are missing that file), make sure you have the needed Visual Studio redistributables.

I've been successfully mining Lyra2RE with a NVIDIA Compute 2.x GPU (GTX460) with this miner in the link:

https://github.com/KBomba/ccminer-KBomba/releases/tag/V1.0.02

Big thanks KBomba for compiling the miner with Compute 2.x support!
Lyra2REv2 support for same compute versions could also be great.
The precious bar

in my tests new pool shows ~1/2 of incoming hashrate (almost exactly 1/2).
old version was correct in that aspect.
any explanation ?

Pool calculates the hashrate for workers by amount of shares you've submitted and by the difficulty of found nonce.
If you find shares too unfrequently, try lower difficulty port. If quite fast (like one per second) you might want to use port with higher stratum dififculty.

I can increase the statistics update frequency so everyone can see more exact hashrate.

The stratum is the same old reliable one like in the old pool, just the payments are processed in a different way in this new one.

The official mining pool is rebuilt now, blocks getting found and payments are working this time properly. Also the backend stability is better than before. Create an account and start mining!

in my tests new pool shows ~1/2 of incoming hashrate (almost exactly 1/2).
old version was correct in that aspect.
any explanation ?

The precious bar
Hi LYBsters!

Long time no activity;

I'm working on the algorithm update at the moment. There's also a TxFee reduction in thoughts.

There have also been questions about mobile wallet, for Android its going to happen, but the core wallet needs to be updated first.

NEW: The official mining pool is rebuilt now, blocks getting found and payments are working this time properly. Also the backend stability is better than before. Create an account and start mining!
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
You can earn a lot of BTC by renting lyra2RE hashpower on www.nicehash.com and mining in http://yiimp.ccminer.org lyra2 pool
Why to win only one fu**er  Grin
user is your LYB wallet
pass c=LYB
The official pool is back, now with account settings!
The official pool went back up yesterday, it's working great now
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
A pool for Lyrabar is now open at Bawaler's pools!

Lyrabar Pool

Is the official Lyrabar pool still going to run?

Brawler's pool is being down for 2 days. I hope he fix it, it was the only non p2p pool Sad

Lyrabar Pool

Is the official Lyrabar pool still going to run?
Activity: 87

Lyrabar Pool
I just noticed that Lyrabar isn't listed on CoinMarketCap.

I sent in the request to add LYB, so hopefully that problem is solved.

Next up, adding LYB to coinpayments.net, and accepting it in my online store with a permanent discount of 25%!

First I have to figure out how to use a coinpayments plugin, which means I'll probably have to move my domain to another webhost because I signed up with Weebly.

Then I'll have to see if I can pay coinpayments $500 to add Lyrabar. 

Anyway, one thing at a time, and coinmarketcap is first.  Next stop, the moon!

Honest question:  Why ?

Why do VISA employees go to work everyday, when some people only use MasterCard?  But they go anyway, because VISA is the one they work for.

Well I'm involved with Lyrabar, I'm a part of the Lyrabar community, so Lyrabar is the one I work for instead of some other coin. 

Other people are involved with other coins, and they do their part to keep their coins running and get new users. 

But I'm on Lyrabar's team.  We work together to maintain the network, with our nodes and mining.  We trade LYB with each other. 

We want to keep being on our team, so we need Lyrabar to keep running.  We want to keep working together, so we need the network to stay healthy.  We want to keep trading LYB with each other, so we need exchanges to keep LYB listed.

Maybe you think I should quit and go join Vertcoin's team.  Maybe you think the White Sox should quit and go join the Yankees.  But being a team member means supporting your own team. 

What does any other coin have that Lyrabar doesn't have?  A hundred billion coins?  Lyrabar wasn't given a fair chance to stay listed at Bittrex and Alcurex, but one or two losses don't mean you should retire. 

I chose Lyrabar because it has a low supply, it has a great algo with its own advantages, and it's new enough and small enough that beginners and ordinary people can get involved, make a difference, and even mine with their CPU.

Maybe you're wondering why I don't use a bigger coin that's already more successful.  But those coins didn't become successful by themselves.  People, like you and me, hosted websites, applied to be listed at more places, and spent time and money to promote and get people interested.  We can do that for Lyrabar too.

Lyrabar is just as good as any coin - and better than most.  We're aiming for the moon, and you can ride along if you want.  But someone has to run the engine, and that's what I'm helping to do. 

So, you want to know why?  Because Lyrabar needs it, and Lyrabar deserves it, so I'm helping to get it done.

You're more than welcome to come to my online store when it launches and get 25% off digital downloads when you pay with Lyrabar.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0

Next up, adding LYB to coinpayments.net, and accepting it in my online store with a permanent discount of 25%!

First I have to figure out how to use a coinpayments plugin, which means I'll probably have to move my domain to another webhost because I signed up with Weebly.

Honest question:  Why ?

Pages:
Jump to: