Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] MarginBot - A Bitfinex Margin Lending Management Bot - page 14. (Read 45879 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
I do Stuff, and stuff.....
Looks nice, do you have comparison data vs. the "standard": Lending 30 days at FRR?

Unfortunately, I don't.  I've never run any of the accounts I manage at FRR beyond the first few weeks I used bitfinex, because I didn't like how often my money stayed unlent.  Thats a big part of the goal of this bot, it keeps my money lent almost all the time, with no downtime.  Even with dozens of loans closing daily, very little money goes a full hour unlent, and during high volatility, I've had significant portions of my money lent out several times in a single hour.

If anyone has been running their account on FRR auto renew and wants to share some of their return data, I'll be happy to correlate it to my returns.  I have good data using basically this bot for about 5 months, and data using an earlier, simpler version of this bot back to January, so any period from then on should work to at least give us a rough idea.   I can convert the data to just a % return / day so you don't have to share actual balances if you don't want.

I also have a bitfinex account right now that I can put maybe $2000 into and post the daily results here if that would interest anybody.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
Looks nice, do you have comparison data vs. the "standard": Lending 30 days at FRR?
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
I do Stuff, and stuff.....
Description

MarginBot is  a PHP based Margin Lending Management Bot for the Bitfinex API.  It will do it's best to keep any money in the "deposit" wallet lent out at the highest rate possible while avoiding long periods of pending loans (as often happens when using the Flash Return Rate, or some other arbitrary rate). There are numerous options and setting to tailor the bot to your requirements.

Now that we're several versions into this bot, it has several years of stable performance history, and several users who have been using it for more than 3 years.  I myself have been running it on several accounts for ~4 years now, and it has consistently outperformed FRR.  I recently added in Cryptocurrency lending as well, one of the most requested features.  It currently supports all currencies that Bitfinex supports, and you can easily add new currencies as Bitfinex does.

Future Plans
We're always working to add features and improve MarginBot.  My current plan is to try to add some other exchanges, such as Poloniex, though my experience so far has been that the other exchanges tend to have terrible rates compared to Bitfinex.  If anyone has any suggestions for future additions, we're always open to ideas.

Installation

Download the most current version, unzip to a folder on your server, then browse to that folder. An install script will run you through the rest of the process.

Note: If you get the following error during install:
Code:
PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ''America/Los_Angeles\\');' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING), expecting identifier (T_STRING) in /var/www/html/web/install.php on line 92
you most likely have your PHP configured without short_open_tag = on.  Make sure to set
Code:
short_open_tag = on

Upgrading From Older Versions
If you are upgrading from an older version, you may sometimes be required to run through a quick upgrade process the first time you log in.  As of v.1.07+ the bot should automatically detect if you need to upgrade and send you there.  However if it doesn't work for some reason, just go to yoursite.com/MarginBot/update.php and it should detect if you need to upgrade or not.

Updates
  • 11/22/2014 - Update v0.1.02 posted - Details
  • 11/24/2014 - Update v0.1.03 posted - Details
  • 11/26/2014 - Update v0.1.04 posted - Details
  • Critical Update - 12/16/2014 - Update v0.1.05 posted - Details
  • 12/18/2014 - Update v0.1.06 posted
  • 8/17/2017 - Update v0.1.07 posted - Details
  • 9/19/2017 - Update v0.1.08 posted - Details

Requirements

A live webserver running
  • PHP 5.1+ (with CURL support)
  • MySQL
  • Access to add a cronjob
  • A Bitfinex Account with API Access
  • At least $50 in your Bitfinex "Deposit" wallet. Preferably $100 or more. ( Note: This is a bitfinex requirement, not a bot requirement. Bitfinex doesn't allow Margin Loans of less than $50. )

I'm sure everyone reading this already has a bitfinex account, but if you don't for some reason, please consider using my affiliate code ( vsAnxuo5bM ) when signing up. By doing so, you'll save 10% on all fees for the first month, and it will help support further development of this code.

Links

Github Repo

Latest Download (From GitHub)

Reddit Discussion

Screenshots

Donate

Developing this software, and testing the various strategies for lending that led to its development have taken significant time and effort. If you find this software useful, please send a donation our way. All donations support the continued development of this software, and help to cover my distribution and support costs.

Bitcoin: 1A3y1xDXtyZySmPZySbpz7PPog4Vsyqig1

Ethereum: 0xf159d969e065b20083b50c930b71d29364ae5247

Edit: Updated All of the images to represent v1.08
Pages:
Jump to: