Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MEC] Megacoin has arrived. Scrypt & Core 0.8.2+ Updates: Chinese Market - page 25. (Read 94645 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
will this update be released soon? if not this coin is dying
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
i have a 1 hour old transaction with 0 confirms. this is turning into GLDcoin 2.0
Activity: 205
Cheif Oompa Loompa.
great news, next can we get a block explorer done up for megacoin?

Added to the queue Smiley

awesome, any idea when this could be done by? the sooner the better so we can get it on coinchoose.com

Yes, YES YES! This!
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Thanks for all your hard work, coin has a lot of potential!

awesome, any idea when this could be done by? the sooner the better so we can get it on coinchoose.com
Activity: 183

new update being released today?

Yes  Smiley

Hard to make a working pool when the daemon/wallet can take 50-100% CPU.

CPU issue almost fixed, testing patch now  Smiley

new update being released today?

CPU issue almost fixed, testing patch now  Smiley
well lets hope the dev fixes this because this will make people not want to mine this coin
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Maybe you can set the priority to low or lowest, I don't know about pools though just a thought.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Activity: 492
Merit: 250
Yes a working pool would be good!
can someone put up a working pool please
legendary
Activity: 1316
I have built it on an ubuntu 12.04 machine fine and was able to solo mine when it first came out.  I'm assuming the pool software uses the same rpc commands but maybe I am wrong.

In order to get it to build I needed to 'chmod 755 leveldb/build_detect_platform' and add '#include ' to irc.cpp

I was able to build it this way on Debian Wheezy last night and hit 5 blocks pretty quick, but the daemon went unresponsive and was sucking up 90% cpu. Couldn't backup the wallet or move it to windows. Had to dump the keys for each of the 5 blocks I Mined and import them in Windows.

After deleting the wallet.dat and firing up megacoind it takes about 90% cpu without mining. WTF? I had to kill it. ALl of my other alt daemons take <1% cpu.

Yeah - just recompiled it and it is now running but I am seeing the same thing - it is using around 90% cpu??!?

Still no blocks yet - but its only been a few minutes.
Activity: 492
Activity: 271
I have built it on an ubuntu 12.04 machine fine and was able to solo mine when it first came out.  I'm assuming the pool software uses the same rpc commands but maybe I am wrong.

In order to get it to build I needed to 'chmod 755 leveldb/build_detect_platform' and add '#include ' to irc.cpp

I was able to build it this way on Debian Wheezy last night and hit 5 blocks pretty quick, but the daemon went unresponsive and was sucking up 90% cpu. Couldn't backup the wallet or move it to windows. Had to dump the keys for each of the 5 blocks I Mined and import them in Windows.

After deleting the wallet.dat and firing up megacoind it takes about 90% cpu without mining. WTF? I had to kill it. ALl of my other alt daemons take <1% cpu.
legendary
Activity: 1316
OK - fixed the source code and have setup a pool.

http://megacoin.miningpool.co

Stratum only:  stratum+tcp://megacoin.miningpool.co:3338

your pool seems to be a scam more like it

Not a scam...

The source does not seem to be working properly...

Code:
megacoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 89900,
    "protocolversion" : 70001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 14654,
    "timeoffset" : -14,
    "connections" : 14,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 1.43346166,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1370940800,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : ""
}

Not a single block found yet.

debug.log does not seem to be showing any major errors. Not sure whats going on. Another pool I setup today is cutting through blocks http://alpha.miningpool.co...

Working on it.

You obviously know how to set up pools. There could be something different with Megacoin that prevents any mining other than solo?

Yes - there is definitely something wrong... The source code had been changed to essentially only work with Windows - I changed it to compile on linux but it appears it doesn't work...

source code to the megacoin wallet?

Source code for megacoind

Thank you!!  Grin

I actually edited irc.cpp - but must have made an error somewhere - your solution seems much more sensible - recompiling now..
Activity: 325
OK - fixed the source code and have setup a pool.

http://megacoin.miningpool.co

Stratum only:  stratum+tcp://megacoin.miningpool.co:3338

your pool seems to be a scam more like it

Not a scam...

The source does not seem to be working properly...

Code:
megacoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 89900,
    "protocolversion" : 70001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 14654,
    "timeoffset" : -14,
    "connections" : 14,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 1.43346166,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1370940800,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : ""
}

Not a single block found yet.

debug.log does not seem to be showing any major errors. Not sure whats going on. Another pool I setup today is cutting through blocks http://alpha.miningpool.co...

Working on it.

You obviously know how to set up pools. There could be something different with Megacoin that prevents any mining other than solo?

Yes - there is definitely something wrong... The source code had been changed to essentially only work with Windows - I changed it to compile on linux but it appears it doesn't work...

source code to the megacoin wallet?

Source code for megacoind

Pages:
Jump to: