Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] MetalCoin MTC - BACKED BY PRECIOUS METALS, RELAUNCH SOMETIME IN Q3 - page 2. (Read 24456 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Thanks guys, I'll be releasing the update later on today. Smiley
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
i agreed in 30% premine,looks good too...nothing to loose if i try,...isn't???
Activity: 81
Keep up the good work MC. Still eagerly watching this  Smiley
I'm working on trying to get us listed on a major exchange. In the mean time, we're climbing up the list on a few voting pages.

https://www.allcoin.com/vote
http://www.ecoinfund.com/vote
https://www.kingcoiny.com/landing/index.php?page=voting

If we don't get listed before the weekend, I may just cave in and buy the votes to get us listed on ecoinfund.

I spoke with someone from Bittrex who said that they would list MetalCoin if enough people Tweeted "List @MetalCoinMTC on @Bittrex". I'm going to start the harassment now, feel free to join in. Smiley

Still working on the update, should be done before the weekend.
Hey everyone, I'm revamping the concept once again. The new version will be more friendly for short-term investors and will be based on aggressive growth for 2.5 years which should culminate into 4 fully operational franchise locations, MTC growing around ten fold in value and as well as other incentives for coin holders.

I'll be back in a couple days with an update.

To all who support, thanks again!
Activity: 238
Merit: 250
some other node since the wallet not connected?
MetalCoin is being discussed on CryptoCurrency subreddit, please contribute or upvote to support.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/295k0k/metalcoinprecious_metal_reserves/
Just wanted to thank everyone for supporting/mining. All things considered, I feel the network hashrate shows interest, asic or not. Dank u wel allemaal!!

I'm working on getting us listed on an exchange, I'll be back with an update shortly.
Is anyone else having problems finding info on the block explorer?
Activity: 582
Merit: 500
Hello guys, its me grtth3gr3at announcing VanityMTCCreator 1.1.0.

Current Version : 1.1.0

Last Updated : 26/06/2014

*cut*

Sorry, but what's this?  Shocked

You can create a wallet address that could start with your first name or something unique. most would not have more than 8 recognizable letters, or it takes a long time to create.
Activity: 117

*cut*

Sorry, but what's this?  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

The zip file contains the batch files (vancreate.bat) and vanitygen.exe (the original vanitygen application).

HASHES

The original vanitygen.exe contains the following hashes :

MD5 : 0C160140E4A7E781DD3D4F28212549B1
SHA-1 : 1430F22FE51D2DCA0A12CCA53BD69BB150B90B3E
SHA-256 : 7D39134985A71212EF10D2FC3130C17D9C432F9A7450B75130BA1C96B3BDD364

The vanitygen.exe included in my zip contains the following hashes :

MD5 : 0C160140E4A7E781DD3D4F28212549B1
SHA-1 : 1430F22FE51D2DCA0A12CCA53BD69BB150B90B3E
SHA-256 : 7D39134985A71212EF10D2FC3130C17D9C432F9A7450B75130BA1C96B3BDD364

SOURCE CODE

Code:
@echo off
TITLE VanityMTCCreator 1.1.0 - grtth3gr3at

CALL :GETINPUT

:GETINPUT
cls
echo You can terminate the batch job anytime by pressing CTRL+C
echo.
echo.
echo Official MetalCoin BTCTalk Thread : http://goo.gl/Chsqxs
echo.
echo ==============================================================
echo Please Note that the METALCOIN addresses always start with L
echo.
echo and the prefix letters have been added for your convenience.
echo.
echo.
echo Press 1 to create vanity MetalCoin Address.
echo Press 2 to exit.
echo.
set /p Entry=Enter your choice :
if "%Entry%"=="1" (GOTO MTC)
if "%Entry%"=="2" (EXIT)
if "%Entry%"=="" (GOTO GETINPUT)

:MTC
echo.
set /p Patt=Enter your vanity pattern : L
vanitygen.exe -X 48 L%Patt%
GOTO SAFETY

:SAFETY
echo.
echo.
echo Please save your Private Key and Address safely.
echo.
echo Getting the Priv Key and Address printed is recommended.
echo.
echo.

set /p a=Do you want to exit ? (y/n) :
echo.
if "%a%"=="y" (GOTO GATE)
if "%a%"=="n" (GOTO GETINPUT)

:GATE
echo Created By : grtth3gr3at for MetalCoin
echo Version 1.1.0
echo Dated : 26/6/2014
echo.
pause
EXIT

Tips are accepted and appreciated.
All Tips maybe sent to : LLLd7noU7QArpa8GaTEEaoXEosFAxCJK59
Activity: 462
Merit: 252
Is solomining possible? Whats the port number?

Yes, you can solomine this coin with rpc port 21020

Thanks, I was wondering why the difficulty was so high Smiley

Yes, you can solomine this coin with rpc port 21020
Activity: 462
Merit: 252
No, I'm right here, battling battling the skeptics, while working on the coin.

I just want to say that I'm going to stick this one out. I'm hoping that my perseverance and honesty will gain support in the end. I have faith in this concept, even though it's changed considerably from it's original form. I think if enough of us stick around, we might be able to make headway in a month or two. I also believe this concept might be a little ahead of it's time and released under poor market conditions, but wait, someone will eventually offer a similar concept in the near future. We have ATMs, merchant services, point of sale systems and advancements happening everyday. I feel that altcoin trends might do a complete cycle and end up something like the gold and silver backed US bills that they discontinued in 1933. We're already close with all the incentives that altcoins are offering these days.

With so many coins released in the past 6 moths, I believe there aren't enough developers to support all the coins and their communities. Everyone is busy trying to boost their own coin and if one doesn't have a coder in their dev team, things generally end up falling apart. This coin can be an industry first and very successful if supported by a strong community, and unfortunately I really missed the 'DOGE-like community support train'. It's big business and people get greedy. Look at what happened to DOGE with Jackson Palmer leaving the community.

In some ways, all the hate on this thread might be a good sign, as we might be pulling at the right strings. I put a lot of time into this coin and I'm pursing it more for market presence than I am for monetary gain and I feel that if I stick it out long enough, someone will eventually recognize the true value in this concept. We have interest on Twitter growing daily. Until then, we have 3300 in precious metals for now, I might add a few more coins to the reserve down the road, if we need it.

There are a few people that have contacted me regarding bounties, I'll post an update when I have one.

Thanks again to everyone who supports this coin. Anyone who cares to join me in this battle, I'll be right here. Smiley

Why would you not offer the IPO before mining commensed?  It makes sense to build a gold reserve to back your coin before you started the mining. The problem you have right is contrary to what you consider your asset. You don't have support. There is no one mining on any pools, so the hash must be coming from solo mining. That could be 1 big whale mining all the coins, or a 100 smaller miners. TBH I don't see any value in this coin without something backing it up. You decided to centralize this coin, but you put nothing up to support it. Don't take it the wrong way, correct me if im wrong, but im being critical due to the fact I've seen this concept fail over and over in the past. The longer there is no market for this coin, the faster it will die.

Thanks sly5am, I appreciate your criticism and I agree with some of what you've said.

I offered the IPO after the release because I felt like the community didn't entirely warm up to this concept and I thought it may appear sketchy if I offered an IPO last minute before the release. I wanted people see what they were investing in and didn't want to raise any more suspicion than I had already raised.

In regards to you comments about decentralizing the coin, I still make no apologizes. I feel there needs to be some form of centralization due to the nature of this coin, otherwise how are you going to guarantee the security of everyones gold? Regardless of the decentralized payment systems that cryptos offer, they still have to rely on escrow services when security is involved. MetalCoin is still decentralized at it's core, just like any other coin, we just want to centralize the elements that relate to security and price control, for the best interest of the coin holders. I feel we've made a decent attempt at addressing the issue of trust and security by offering positions to the community to help secure and operate this coin together.
Activity: 582
Merit: 500
No, I'm right here, battling battling the skeptics, while working on the coin.

I just want to say that I'm going to stick this one out. I'm hoping that my perseverance and honesty will gain support in the end. I have faith in this concept, even though it's changed considerably from it's original form. I think if enough of us stick around, we might be able to make headway in a month or two. I also believe this concept might be a little ahead of it's time and released under poor market conditions, but wait, someone will eventually offer a similar concept in the near future. We have ATMs, merchant services, point of sale systems and advancements happening everyday. I feel that altcoin trends might do a complete cycle and end up something like the gold and silver backed US bills that they discontinued in 1933. We're already close with all the incentives that altcoins are offering these days.

With so many coins released in the past 6 moths, I believe there aren't enough developers to support all the coins and their communities. Everyone is busy trying to boost their own coin and if one doesn't have a coder in their dev team, things generally end up falling apart. This coin can be an industry first and very successful if supported by a strong community, and unfortunately I really missed the 'DOGE-like community support train'. It's big business and people get greedy. Look at what happened to DOGE with Jackson Palmer leaving the community.

In some ways, all the hate on this thread might be a good sign, as we might be pulling at the right strings. I put a lot of time into this coin and I'm pursing it more for market presence than I am for monetary gain and I feel that if I stick it out long enough, someone will eventually recognize the true value in this concept. We have interest on Twitter growing daily. Until then, we have 3300 in precious metals for now, I might add a few more coins to the reserve down the road, if we need it.

There are a few people that have contacted me regarding bounties, I'll post an update when I have one.

Thanks again to everyone who supports this coin. Anyone who cares to join me in this battle, I'll be right here. Smiley

Why would you not offer the IPO before mining commensed?  It makes sense to build a gold reserve to back your coin before you started the mining. The problem you have right is contrary to what you consider your asset. You don't have support. There is no one mining on any pools, so the hash must be coming from solo mining. That could be 1 big whale mining all the coins, or a 100 smaller miners. TBH I don't see any value in this coin without something backing it up. You decided to centralize this coin, but you put nothing up to support it. Don't take it the wrong way, correct me if im wrong, but im being critical due to the fact I've seen this concept fail over and over in the past. The longer there is no market for this coin, the faster it will die.
Pages:
Jump to: