Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Metronome, an autonomous cryptocurrency with predictable supply - page 26. (Read 30103 times)

Activity: 258
Merit: 0
My opinion is, you need to use the auction system, as it was in the Raiden Network.
The current scheme can be used for fraud by various stakeholders.
1) A fraudster can register 1000 wallets and simultaneously send an aired at the right topic, choosing the right price for yourself.
2) Those people who buy in the beginning will suffer very much and will lose all their savings.

P.s. Very nice idea and very bad token-sale process atm in my opinion.

Hello,

Have you gotten any further info about the issues you noted with this auction process?

I'm interested in this coin but I do not like the potential issue you noted.

I noticed the OP did not respond in this thread after you brought up the potential fraud issue, very concerning as a potential buyer. 

The way that descending price auctions work means that each purchaser has the opportunity to purchase at the price they see as fair, provided there are MTN available for purchase at that price. They will purchase and receive the MTN at the rate it was purchased. Purchasing with 1 or 1000 wallets would not change the price.
Activity: 702
Merit: 105
t.me/CryptoPortfel > JOIN
I know, but no one conducts an ICO on such a system, and in my experience of investing - this is a very bad system for organizing an ICO.
My opinion is, you need to use the auction system, as it was in the Raiden Network.
1) A fraudster can register 1000 wallets and simultaneously send an aired at the right topic, choosing the right price for yourself.
2) Those people who buy in the beginning will suffer very much and will lose all their savings.

The way that descending price auctions work means that each purchaser has the opportunity to purchase at the price they see as fair, provided there are MTN available for purchase at that price. They will purchase and receive the MTN at the rate it was purchased. Purchasing with 1 or 1000 wallets would not change the price.
Is there any Slack/Telegram group to talk with the dev easily???

Come join the conversation on Metronome's Telegram: https://t.me/metronometoken
Activity: 49
Is there any Slack/Telegram group to talk with the dev easily???
Activity: 2

Hello,

Have you gotten any further info about the issues you noted with this auction process?

I'm interested in this coin but I do not like the potential issue you noted.

I noticed the OP did not respond in this thread after you brought up the potential fraud issue, very concerning as a potential buyer. 
Any changes with the auction?

The target date has been set for Feb 5, 2018. There are a few other announcements that were made recently as well. Feel free to read about them here: https://medium.com/@MetronomeToken/metronome-announcements-at-coindesk-invest-b6bd7d1071fd
This project looks promising,  I am looking forward to the auction and I will gladly start studying the project  Wink

Glad you're looking forward to it! We'll be providing additional educational materials for the Metronome community between now and Feb.
Any changes with the auction?
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
This project looks promising,  I am looking forward to the auction and I will gladly start studying the project  Wink
Where to buy tokens?

Once launched, purchasers can purchase MTN from the Initial Supply Auction, the Daily Supply Lots, from the Autonomous Converter Contract (AKA "Changer"), and from any exchange which chooses to support it.

Community members may also mine MTN through the Metronome Mining Service.

edit: removed needless quotation marks.
Precise auction date, open source solidity code, and further technical details will be announced in the coming weeks.

Days, weeks, months ?

The target launch date has been set for February 5th, 2018. Read more about that, and other announcements here: https://medium.com/@MetronomeToken/metronome-announcements-at-coindesk-invest-b6bd7d1071fd
Activity: 48
Where to buy tokens?
Activity: 548
Merit: 265
My old account was "Ghoom" (hacked) u=199247
Precise auction date, open source solidity code, and further technical details will be announced in the coming weeks.

Days, weeks, months ?

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1099
Aloha Jeff,

Can you clarify please.  Sales proceeds go into the "Proceeds Contract".   Of those, 0.25% goes from the Proceeds Contract to the Converter Contract.  It appears to me that the Proceeds Contract should be accumulating over time.  What happens to the ETH/ETH/QTUM/RSK that is held in the Proceeds Contract?  Do they always remain their forever?  Do the get burned?  Distributed?  

For the ethereum chain,
Every day, 0.25% of the total current ETH balance inside the Proceeds Contract is sent to the Changer, ad infinitum.

If the ETH balance is large, 0.25% of a large balance is moved to the Changer.  If the ETH balance is small, 0.25% of a small balance is moved.

This process is repeated on every chain (ETC, RSK, QTUM) in parallel, by a parallel set of contracts running on the ETC/RSK/QTUM chains.   The Proceeds contract on the ETC chains holds an ETC balance, and sends ETC from Proceeds to ETC/MTN Changer.
The Proceeds contract on the QTUM chains holds a QTUM balance, and sends QTUM from Proceeds to QTUM/MTN Changer.

So, 100% of proceeds accumulates in each Proceeds contract, and a small percentage of that new total is moved daily to each Changer contract.

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Innovative project with a serious team. Finally a project that will stand out. I am looking forward to the auction  Cool
Activity: 1
Aloha Jeff,

Can you clarify please.  Sales proceeds go into the "Proceeds Contract".   Of those, 0.25% goes from the Proceeds Contract to the Converter Contract.  It appears to me that the Proceeds Contract should be accumulating over time.  What happens to the ETH/ETH/QTUM/RSK that is held in the Proceeds Contract?  Do they always remain their forever?  Do the get burned?  Distributed?  
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1099
How will BTC, ETC, or QTUM investments work with the changer contract?  Will they be converted to eth after the raise?

Metronome will be deployed to EVM-compatible blockchains.

Thus, Metronome on ETH will have ETH/MTN changer, and users participate in the auctions by sending ETH.  The Proceeds contract stores ETH.  Metronome on ETC will have ETC/MTN changer, and users participate in the auctions by sending ETC.  The Proceeds contract stores ETC.

RSK, presumably pegged to BTC, would be a way to send "BTC" to Metronome, and the Proceeds contract collects RSK (BTC).

So, no conversion.  The blockchain native currency is the one used in the auctions for a given chain.

Activity: 34
How will BTC, ETC, or QTUM investments work with the changer contract?  Will they be converted to eth after the raise?
Pages:
Jump to: