Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin 3.0!!!! - page 15. (Read 55081 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
October 04, 2014, 06:27:06 PM
I have a few questions;

What happens to the classic MRC coins that are traded in?  Will they be destroyed?

Is the new MRC on a fork or a new blockchain?

Thanks

Yes, New microCoin is new blockchain.
Old chain Wallet is horrible to use and I don't think anyone want to use it.
But I will destroy all old micros in alcurEX anyway.
Activity: 285
Merit: 255
October 04, 2014, 05:42:22 PM
I have a few questions;

What happens to the classic MRC coins that are traded in?  Will they be destroyed?

Is the new MRC on a fork or a new blockchain?

Thanks
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
October 03, 2014, 08:09:55 PM
OK, thank you for the information. And it took about a whole day to get my test withdrawal from Alcurex to my wallet and C-Cex but it finally went.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
October 03, 2014, 10:35:16 AM
I'm transferring my old MRC now to the exchange. First a small part to see whether it's working.

What I was wondering, what if Halibit someone gets many people into the old version of Microcoin, and he owns almost all of the mined Microcoins. This will make you, Halibit, a millionair right? Hehehe.
legendary
October 03, 2014, 05:57:49 AM
Why don't you guys just start solo mining MRCclassic to get the chain moving again if all the pools are down.  Diff will obviously be very low so whoever starts mining even with a wimpy setup will be finding blocks.  These are the kind of things that the MRC/Alcurex team should have already thought out in advance.

hit 8 blocks solo on wallet classic, i still need to get my 100 mil mrc to alcurex to exchange. need more people to get the block chain moving.
You got old mrc working again. alcurex old-mrc wallet sync again.
Please make your transactions as long wallet still running.
legendary
October 03, 2014, 05:54:42 AM
Is it safe to send my converted coins to the new wallet and start PoSing now?
New MRC wallet is ~100% safe.
All wallets use same main node automatically.
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
October 02, 2014, 09:43:34 PM
new wallet has been working well for me.
Activity: 369
October 02, 2014, 08:29:20 PM
Activity: 300
4mnth old Miner :-)
October 02, 2014, 06:51:03 PM
Why don't you guys just start solo mining MRCclassic to get the chain moving again if all the pools are down.  Diff will obviously be very low so whoever starts mining even with a wimpy setup will be finding blocks.  These are the kind of things that the MRC/Alcurex team should have already thought out in advance.

hit 8 blocks solo on wallet classic, i still need to get my 100 mil mrc to alcurex to exchange. need more people to get the block chain moving.
legendary
October 02, 2014, 02:31:38 PM
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
October 02, 2014, 01:30:38 PM
Problem with your method is that it can be abused too easy, several sorts of attacks possible here.

If the addresses are checked at a certain point in time (after the 30 day limit has expired), I don't see any attacks. Or are there more?

After realizing yesterday I was on a different fork than alcurEX I deleted the blockchain and peers.dat, and started syncing again. Now I'm at about 20%. How many days do we have left btw?
Activity: 434
October 02, 2014, 10:29:48 AM
Maybe we could sign messages with our MCR1 wallet addresses, and alcurEX would see how many coins there are and credit the corresponding amount of MCR2. The message would contain alcurEX username or MCR2 deposit address. Wouldn't that still work even if the network is screwed?

Although that would be a lot of work unless someone can code a program to do that. And it wouldn't help those with coins on another exchange.

There are no other exchanges left with microcoin afaik.

Problem with your method is that it can be abused too easy, several sorts of attacks possible here.
October 02, 2014, 08:05:09 AM
Maybe we could sign messages with our MCR1 wallet addresses, and alcurEX would see how many coins there are and credit the corresponding amount of MCR2. The message would contain alcurEX username or MCR2 deposit address. Wouldn't that still work even if the network is screwed?

Although that would be a lot of work unless someone can code a program to do that. And it wouldn't help those with coins on another exchange.
legendary
October 02, 2014, 01:57:02 AM
I still had my MRC on Mintpal which I sent directly to Alcurex about 12 hours ago. Still nothing. Am I screwed?
Don't know mintpal but alcurex old-mrc wallet is still.....starting.
Now I try another server.
Activity: 392
October 02, 2014, 01:00:42 AM
I still had my MRC on Mintpal which I sent directly to Alcurex about 12 hours ago. Still nothing. Am I screwed?
legendary
October 01, 2014, 05:29:42 PM
Why do you need the port numbers in addnode btw? Are those nodes really running on some other ports than the default?
if they (nodes) are behind firewall or use uPNP then YES, they can use different port than default one.
Yes, and those are unstable because I think not so many use static ip, but those are added in alcurex conf.

New micro2.2 use one static node as well upnp. Static node is mandatory (in code) and same as block explorer and alcurex use.

Anyone have time to contact Poloniex, mintpal or bittrex to asking add the new micro?

I'd wait until MRCclassic transfer is over and put to rest before trying to get relisted on other exchanges to prevent headaches.
You may right.
legendary
October 01, 2014, 05:23:42 PM
Why do you need the port numbers in addnode btw? Are those nodes really running on some other ports than the default?
if they (nodes) are behind firewall or use uPNP then YES, they can use different port than default one.
Yes, and those are unstable because I think not so many use static ip, but those are added in alcurex conf.

New micro2.2 use one static node as well upnp. Static node is mandatory (in code) and same as block explorer and alcurex use.

Anyone have time to contact Poloniex, mintpal or bittrex to asking add the new micro?

I'd wait until MRCclassic transfer is over and put to rest before trying to get relisted on other exchanges to prevent headaches.
legendary
October 01, 2014, 04:57:44 PM

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
October 01, 2014, 04:42:17 PM
October 01, 2014, 04:28:20 PM
Pages:
Jump to: