Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 144. (Read 374702 times)

Activity: 482
Merit: 500
I'm not finding anything good right now, so here's a question: what settings do you use to launch microcoin mining with cudaminer? I tried:

cudaminer.exe -a scrypt-jane -o [pool] -O [user:pass]

With those vanilla settings, it apparently defaulted to N-Factor 14 and performance sucked (1.5 KHash or something). I'm pretty sure MRC isn't at N=14 right now, as my AMD GPUs are performing more like N=10 or something. Any help/suggestions?
Never mind -- I figured it out. For those that want the solution, here are the Cudaminer settings I'm using for Microcoin:

Code:
cudaminer.exe -a scrypt-jane:1389028879,4,30 -o stratum+tcp://mrc.blocksolved.com:3310 -u trogdorjw73.tester -p x -i 0

You can add "-l Y8x32" or similar for Kepler GPUs with 8 SMX units, or just let cudaminer auto-tune (which is "okay" but will usually miss about 15-25% performance).
I'm not finding anything good right now, so here's a question: what settings do you use to launch microcoin mining with cudaminer? I tried:

cudaminer.exe -a scrypt-jane -o [pool] -O [user:pass]

With those vanilla settings, it apparently defaulted to N-Factor 14 and performance sucked (1.5 KHash or something). I'm pretty sure MRC isn't at N=14 right now, as my AMD GPUs are performing more like N=10 or something. Any help/suggestions?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
All cryptos are crashing hard right now... Should I buy more BTC and LTC so I can get more Micro =]
Activity: 123
mcxnow, crycurex, cryptsy, bter, coinex, coinmarket.io, openex, btc-e, cryptorush.in, etc.
everything but coinedup

Sure, why not. Try to push MRC to any market you specified and we'll support you.
And if you vote for my request it'll help to push this coin to other markets.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1xbqp0/please_add_mrc_to_your_exchange/
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
+1 but on coinmarketcap would be nice.
Think it would give it a push..
I like CoinedUp...it's free.  Only time it sucks is in the midst of a pump n dump.

Really need it on some more mainstream exchanges with a BTC market. From there, next step is getting it on CoinWarz... most all coins i've mined that get on CoinWarz get up onto Cryptsy in a week or two after.

Theres no point in getting on coinwarz, the only thing coinwarz is good for is having a shit load of flash/miners jump on it and dumping it. Microcoin doesn't need that crap. Microcoin is ASIC resistant right now as well as multipool resistant!!! This coin is built for true believers not coin hopping faggots

Is there a good "settings thread" for scrypt-jane GPU mining anywhere? My Google-fu is apparently lacking right now.

I've got a variety of GPUs, from 5850/5870 through 6950/6970 and up to 7950/7970 (working on the R9 290/290X still -- ugh, price gouging!) Scrypt-jane is giving me issues on my dual 6970 rig -- it's getting about 200 KHash per GPU compared to a 6950 that gets 220 KHash, and 5850/5870 are getting something like 225/240 KHash. I've tried a variety of settings, all with no real luck; currently running:

Code:
microCoinminer.exe --auto-fan --failover-only --scrypt --Nfmin 4 --Nfmax 30 --StartT 1389028879 --queue 0 --scan-time 2 --expiry 4 -I 19 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 8000 --gpu-engine 925 --gpu-memclock 1400 --gpu-powertune 25

That same setup gives 220 KHash on 6950, but despite trying various TC values, intensities, and -g 2 I have not been able to even match the 6950. (And interestingly, the 6950 is on a freaking Pentium 4 system compared to i7-4770K on the 6970s).
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I like CoinedUp...it's free.  Only time it sucks is in the midst of a pump n dump.

Really need it on some more mainstream exchanges with a BTC market. From there, next step is getting it on CoinWarz... most all coins i've mined that get on CoinWarz get up onto Cryptsy in a week or two after.

legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
I like CoinedUp...it's free.  Only time it sucks is in the midst of a pump n dump.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
mcxnow, crycurex, cryptsy, bter, coinex, coinmarket.io, openex, btc-e, cryptorush.in, etc.
everything but coinedup
It gets if we push it to CoinedUp (http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1xbqp0/please_add_mrc_to_your_exchange/) and then to Cryptsy.
Everything, but coinedup. It's a slow, bug ridden piece of crap.

I know many miners who use it.
And still it doesn't matter what market adds MRC first, we just need to push it to all of them.
After it's added to CoinedUp it will be easier to push it to Cryptsy.

And if you have other markets in mind - please go ahead and raise requests and then ask us to vote.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
I hope this gets on a decent exchange soon  Undecided

It gets if we push it to CoinedUp (http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1xbqp0/please_add_mrc_to_your_exchange/) and then to Cryptsy.

Everything, but coinedup. It's a slow, bug ridden piece of crap.
I hope this gets on a decent exchange soon  Undecided

Activity: 224
I hope this gets on a decent exchange soon  Undecided
How much microcoin do you guys thing a sapphire radeon 7950 vapor should go for price wise?

I'm not looking at any exchange market prices because well that fluctuates wildly right now due to high block reward.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Wallet update: V 1.1.1.1 (not mandatory) (Updated: default port changed to 3232, new Logo, new checkpoints)
https://mega.co.nz/#!bNJk1ZaA!I_QYa1bkwR-8DPSDCp1CMl3ByxMVB7VqbUvDQej2V3Q

Thanks.

Any other new regarding future of the coin?
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Nice logo, i like that
Just a reminder - pleased don't forget to vote and comment for MRC to be added to CoinedUp exchange:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1xbqp0/please_add_mrc_to_your_exchange/
Activity: 588
Are there any plans for the main website of MRC? I just discovered this coin by luck when browsing this forum, and i'm very excited about it!! Same like vertcoin, but more coins = better  Smiley Smiley

I understand that you don't want the same Vertcoin hype, but just a stable growing coin. (is that even possible in crypto-land??  Grin)
But the coin sure could use a nice website and some more promotion.

Oh and the new wallet logo looks cool
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
I can't mine. The miner crashes before it starts mining.

I'm using Windows Vista 64-bit. 6gb DDR2. Intel Core2 Quad. Sapphire HD 7950 3GB w/ Boost.

I used the BAT file that came with the miner:
Code:
microCoinminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://micro.minersbest.com:10466 -u snip -p snip --scrypt --Nfmin 4 --Nfmax 30 --StartT 1389028879 --queue 0 --scan-time 2 --expiry 4

Unfortunately I don't have a crash report since it's a precompiled binary. The error that occurs is simply "microCoinMiner.exe has stopped working".

Try use QQC miner, someone used it with same error and it helped him.

This worked, thanks. Also what is the typical speed of this algorithm? My 7950 is getting 17 KH/s with these settings.
Use I flag. Example -I 19
Jump to: