Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 141. (Read 374702 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
So does everyone get only ~80% regular scrypt hashrates (i.e. like how vertcoin is ~50%), or does the ybcminer just take some tweaking vs cgminer regular scrypt settings..?

i see people before with crazy 3-7MH/sec per GPU, i'm guessing the N factor has changed significantly in the last ~2-3 weeks..?

this is with the gpu-miner/ybcminer linked in OP
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
But in this day and age where coins at launch are getting on 3 markets, I worry about MRC. It has a lot of potential, but the devs need to get more active, restate some bounties to get some promo going. It still has a lot going for it and should be promoted akin to VTC.

It's not developers only who should promote it.
Any miner with 10-50 or more millions MRC in their wallets must be proactive.

Agreed.  If someone wants to come up with a transparent promotion fund and has the time and knowledge of how to promote, I'll donate.
Activity: 123
But in this day and age where coins at launch are getting on 3 markets, I worry about MRC. It has a lot of potential, but the devs need to get more active, restate some bounties to get some promo going. It still has a lot going for it and should be promoted akin to VTC.

It's not developers only who should promote it.
Any miner with 10-50 or more millions MRC in their wallets must be proactive.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
how much 100 million coin would cost me

10^8 * ~1.1 * 10^-6 ~= 110 LTC

110 * ~0.026 ~= 2.86 BTC

That gets you about 3% of the total current supply.  That's a bargain.

Eventually it would cost much more, to get such volume.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Also, is that crycurex exchange safe? I just sent some BTC there to buy some MRC and already having issues - support is looking into it supposedly.

Well, that's my point - MRC can be traded on two markets only and one of them looks like - beta-version of a hello-world project.

CoinedUp may be slow sometimes, but at least it's got a big turnover, many customers and currencies.
Please add your vote and comment here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1xbqp0/please_add_mrc_to_your_exchange/

This coin really needs to start getting some momentum. As a miner, I still can't devote my rigs to it full time and i don't feel like i need to. It's still not that difficult to mine, I know larger chunks of coins will still be there until 160k, so i still just grab some here and there. Maybe i'll regret it, maybe i won't.

- nFactor
- ASIC resistent
- Block rewards halving in the future

10^8 * ~1.1 * 10^-6 ~= 110 LTC

110 * ~0.026 ~= 2.86 BTC

That gets you about 3% of the total current supply.  That's a bargain.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Also, is that crycurex exchange safe? I just sent some BTC there to buy some MRC and already having issues - support is looking into it supposedly.

Well, that's my point - MRC can be traded on two markets only and one of them looks like - beta-version of a hello-world project.

CoinedUp may be slow sometimes, but at least it's got a big turnover, many customers and currencies.
http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1xbqp0/please_add_mrc_to_your_exchange/

Agreed.  Coinedup is often the launching pad for good coins.  VTC went from .00002 to .006 while on coinedup in just a couple weeks.  There's no reason we wouldn't have similar success.  The biggest thing working against this coin right now is that we really only have an LTC pairing.
How many coin exist so far?

I figure 3,670,102,000 approximately.
Activity: 56
How many coin exist so far?

Activity: 28
Hey all, I just discovered this today and might be interested in mining/buying.

I noticed that there is no #microcoin channel on Freenode. Was this a deliberate decision or just an oversight? Maybe I have the wrong channel name Smiley

Thanks,

Tom...
i think this coin has the name, the logo and the volume to be the perfect web micro payment

No offense, but it's no naive Wink
95% of the other coins have it, so are we gonna have 500 perfect web micro payment currencies? Wink
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
Sometimes devs can do development, but no marketing.

Well, that would leave us with a half completed coin.
Anyway, to be honest I like MRC but I don't have a vested interest in it and I don't have the time to help so I'll just move onto the next coin - just as everyone else would - if things won't pickup until let's say a week after the 160000th block.

i think this coin has the name, the logo and the volume to be the perfect web micro payment

So that's like 70% done.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
Do you know anybody who can promote this currency for $XXXXX+ fee?
No, I thought the devs behind the coin would deal with the post launch management.

Not necessarily.
You see, they may not be interested in this promotion at all if they don't have enough financial motivation (if they didn't manage to mine hundreds of millions of coins by now).
Or they may have motivation, but don't have enough knowledge.

Doesn't matter at this point.

Sometimes devs can do development, but no marketing.

That's why I'm curious if anybody else can do this promotion. In this case we can start a fundraising campaign and collect some money to pay them.
I personally started studying this market three weeks ago, maybe eventually I'll find some techniques for promotion.
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
Can't agree more.
The only question would be who can do this push?

No, I thought the devs behind the coin would deal with the post launch management.
Well obviously, but seeing the current popularity of MRC, it would be hard to get it into any decent market since nobody would buy it at this point. That's why it needs more recognition through advertising (website, crypto forums, social media, etc) so more people can push the coin into the respectable markets. At least this is how I see it.

Can't agree more.
The only question would be who can do this push?

legendary
ICO? Not even once.
I agree, but I still don't think it would hurt if MRC is added to few markets.
If you are a trader and you see a new coin on the market - you'd definitely check it out to see if it's got any potential.

Well obviously, but seeing the current popularity of MRC, it would be hard to get it into any decent market since nobody would buy it at this point. That's why it needs more recognition through advertising (website, crypto forums, social media, etc) so more people can push the coin into the respectable markets. At least this is how I see it.
I upvoted, and I don't want to be disrespectful, but coinedup and reddit? You want to kill this coin or advertise it?
Every altcoin related subreddit is like an underage circlejerk.

Exchanges are not going to add a coin which only has a handful of miners. Exchanges only put up coins which people would actually buy, which means people would need to know about it, not vice versa. More people would get done more than 14 upvotes...

I'd wait for the maxcoin drama to end, than I'd advertise the coin to get ahead of the competition which shouldn't be hard.

I agree, but I still don't think it would hurt if MRC is added to few markets.
If you are a trader and you see a new coin on the market - you'd definitely check it out to see if it's got any potential.
Jump to: