Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 248. (Read 374702 times)

legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Fire up the blades!
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
when should we expect?
Activity: 238
Overall this could be the first fair launch after a lot of fails in the last days. No premine, block explorer, pre-ann, windows-qt, source, btc bounties for pools etc.
A good fair launch = coin has a big bonus for the future
Hope you won't disappoint us with the launch.

But it looks promising.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Thanks!
MCR
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Do i need to install a new miner program besides cgminer?  And if so i cant find any links to the program scrypt-jane?

TIA
The microCoin miner comes in a download link with the wallet and is used almost exactly like cgminer.
halibit do you have a link to the program i need to mine this coin? or can i use my trusty old cgminer TIA
Activity: 238
I have a GIGABYTE GV-R928XOC-3GD REV2 Radeon R9 280X, it runs hot.  I like scrypt-jane a lot better than scrypt cause my card runs at least 10c cooler.

yes same here. 280x with scrypt 73-75C / with scrypt-jane 64-66C
Activity: 224
I have a GIGABYTE GV-R928XOC-3GD REV2 Radeon R9 280X, it runs hot.  I like scrypt-jane a lot better than scrypt cause my card runs at least 10c cooler.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
So we should be able to also use commands like --thread-concurrency 11200 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 1020 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune -20 --gpu-fan 85 -w 64   ?

Great I wake up and not miss the launch  Smiley
Last jane/nfactor coin I mine using excacly same settings what op wrote, but using -I 19 flag
I have 7950 GPUs

I like jane/nfac coins, they dont overheat GPU's  like other scrypts.

Do i need to install a new miner program besides cgminer?  And if so i cant find any links to the program scrypt-jane?

TIA
MCR
So we should be able to also use commands like --thread-concurrency 11200 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 1020 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune -20 --gpu-fan 85 -w 64   ?

Yes.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Is there possibility we can get the miner by like 30 mark so we can get ready. 

Go take a look at QQCoin. Should be same miner used.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-qqcoin-scrypt-jane-asic-resistant-n-factor-multipool-resistant-389238

Either way, interested. Good luck OP.
Activity: 189
Is there possibility we can get the miner by like 30 mark so we can get ready. 
am i understanding correctly that you can not use cgminer?
Other alternatives is not an option for me. Find this coin kinda intriguing, so would be a shame if cgminer doesn't work Sad
The miner is used almost exactly like cgminer so it shouldn't be hard to use if you know how to use cgminer.

Is it the same miner that's used for QQcoin (scrypt-jane gpu)?
MCR
1 1/2 hours to launch, right?

Yes, that's correct.
MCR
Other alternatives is not an option for me. Find this coin kinda intriguing, so would be a shame if cgminer doesn't work Sad
The miner is used almost exactly like cgminer so it shouldn't be hard to use if you know how to use cgminer.
1 1/2 hours to launch, right?
Activity: 126

cgminer doesn't work with scrypt-jane, you are correct. Why can't you use other programs? If you are interested in the coin I can sell you some, I'm gonna mine from first minute.
Activity: 462
Jump to: