Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Microwallet.org - API + free faucet script, start your own faucet! - page 30. (Read 114809 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hey, I gues I am the first person that mentioned faucetbox here. Why? Because MicroWallet wasn't working and I found them. My faucet was not on their list, because it wasn't approved then, they had only one faucet approved. Now it is, along with some other faucets. Are they behind DDoS? I have no idea, but that would be lame, considering that if people would want to move over to them, they would like to withdraw all of their Microwallet funds and move them to their service, instead of investing new funds into it. I am in this position and I am very impatient about what's going on around Microwallet, but at least I found a solution for my faucet users....

Fishy

karololszak ,

Marcin Luszkiewicz purchased faucetbox domain name, by hand, this year...and still owns it.
He is the 2012 winner of HackNow winner from Poland.
So Marcin is active online in different sites, etc, I noticed you were friends with him on IMDb. http://www.filmweb.pl/user/luszko/friends
He goes by Luszko aka Marcin Luszkiewicz - and you go by Karololszak aka karlos planet. http://www.filmweb.pl/user/karololszak/friends#
I can see both of you on each others friends list.

You own the freecoins4.me You registered your domain with the name Jaroslaw Olszacki, but your name is really Karol Olszak. You are also from around Poland. You are good at PHP and programing I see.
weirdness. such werid. much confused. very coincidence.

again just pointing out the really obvious....theres more, i dont wanna make a job out if it. So let's stop being shady on the MW thread because I think people are actually buying your posts here somewhat.... Huh

Activity: 500
Merit: 100
Do you have a hosting environment that your using to test this while your helping others or all locally? If you would like to be setup with a free cpanel let me know. Thanks for showing how great the Bitcoin community can be by helping others.

Thanks but unless it comes with root access (where I can "play" with the server and probably crash it) it is not going to help. Personally I'm using dedicated server that is far away from "standard".

About the "unknown error" I can't help, your IP is probably banned so the PHP version does not matter.
Hey, I gues I am the first person that mentioned faucetbox here. Why? Because MicroWallet wasn't working and I found them. My faucet was not on their list, because it wasn't approved then, they had only one faucet approved. Now it is, along with some other faucets. Are they behind DDoS? I have no idea, but that would be lame, considering that if people would want to move over to them, they would like to withdraw all of their Microwallet funds and move them to their service, instead of investing new funds into it. I am in this position and I am very impatient about what's going on around Microwallet, but at least I found a solution for my faucet users....

that would make a really good alibi.

but I question why it keeps getting brought up. let me point out the topic in here: [ANN] Microwallet.org - API + free faucet script, start your own faucet! )

If perhaps people are just being honest about the options, it's making faucetbox look shady with the timing, and the postings, and the everything surrounding it. Especially when they had an empty faucet list when it was brought up during a ddos attack.....If microwallet hadn't been suffering, and if faucetbox didn't appear out of thin air the way it did - I might have actually humored it as an option...so anyway

Now back to the whole Microwallet API thingy.....lol.
Has anyone had any luck in the past few hours? Is it only a few faucets or many of them down right now?
Activity: 17
I really don't want to use anything but MW, but considering the circumstances....

I just put about 20 bucks worth of coin into my faucet that is waiting for a work around to finally open. If this does not get fixed *will MW send my coins back till this is at least fixed? I know they don't guarantee support or whatever with the API - but my coins are kind of in limbo now doing nothing. Who would know about that or who would I ask about it?  Huh Smiley
Activity: 26
Maybe I got what's the issue.

Because of recently discovered bug in the SSL v3 most "new & secure" web hosters decided to remove the backward compatibility (I read about that somewhere few weeks ago  Roll Eyes). Assuming that www.microwallet.org has moved to a better place or upgraded the security at cloudflare.com then we got the issue.

If you are using php 5.4.x or below then it uses php_openssl 0.9.x and it will not work with the domain name. The best option is to use:

Code:
$fp = @fsockopen('ssl://'.gethostbyname('www.microwallet.org'), 443);
If it is too slow then cache the IP somehow and use it directly. Or just go for php 5.5.

If you are using php 5.5.x or php 5.6.x then it uses php_openssl 1.0.x and everything is fine using the original code:

Code:
$fp = @fsockopen('ssl://www.microwallet.org', 443);

Ofc. I may be wrong  Roll Eyes What are your PHP versions?

Do you have a hosting environment that your using to test this while your helping others or all locally? If you would like to be setup with a free cpanel let me know. Thanks for showing how great the Bitcoin community can be by helping others.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10

Because of recently discovered bug in the SSL v3 most "new & secure" web hosters decided to remove the backward compatibility (I read about that somewhere few weeks ago  Roll Eyes). Assuming that www.microwallet.org has moved to a better place or upgraded the security at cloudflare.com then we got the issue.

If you are using php 5.4.x or below then it uses php_openssl 0.9.x and it will not work with the domain name. The best option is to use:

Code:
If it is too slow then cache the IP somehow and use it directly. Or just go for php 5.5.

If you are using php 5.5.x or php 5.6.x then it uses php_openssl 1.0.x and everything is fine using the original code:

Code:

Both of them are not working I got upto 5.6 PHP versions  error "Unknown Error"

I have 5.3

it will take me about 30 min to an hour to find out if it works if i change it. My only options are 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4.
but yah, right now im on 5.3
So Now http://www.freebitcoinfaucet.org/ Script site is also attacked what is going on.

Isn't that owned by LOB/MW also? Pulled up the whois/dns of that domain, MW, and LOB, they all use the same DNS servers provided by CloudFlare. Two things come to mind A) This domain is on the same server so also effected B) The attack isnt targeted at any of these domains rather someone else on the same DNS servers (Many customers share DNS servers at cloudflare)

Code:

Code:

So Now http://www.freebitcoinfaucet.org/ Script site is also attacked what is going on.

Except NeedIfFindIt no one contributing to resolve the Microwallet issue or to find Any other alternative to redevelop the microwallet API code for faucets. We are just copying and pasting nothing new.

Well he gave a great work around. I had both fixes functional - but like NeedIfFindIt said, the fix might not work right now.

I don't know enough about coding to create any solution to help the situation, sorry, I wish I did. I just know enough to navigate and apply the feedback others suggest...if I stumble upon something I will certainly post it here. I think we just have to be patient and see how the situation plays out for a few moments.
I agree that this thread should remain about Microwallet.org, which is why I have not mentioned the name of the micro transaction network I'm affiliated with (which is not Faucetbox)

As far as spam goes, I dont see any mention from anyone in this thread that actually is claiming to be affiliated with Faucetbox, seems only other faucet owners who have talked about them - Not sure if thats really considered spam or rather others looking for a solution when their provider is down.

Or it's called, "I just created a website and came to spam on MW thread either during an obvious DDOS, or while I was possibly causing one myself".

All things considered, during the first couple posts, FaucetBox only had ONE faucet listed on their website - I looked. There was only one faucet for a good block of time after the first faucet box posts. Does not sound like a "faucet owner" to me. On that note, the domain was hand registered on Aug. 28th of this year.

Gotta call them out on this. And I assume they are behind the ddos with MW - but that's just my assumption based on observation.
Anyone who says they are familiar with faucetbox, I want to know how - because as of the original post, they only had ONE faucet....fail fail fail.

This is their [ANN] Thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-faucetboxcom-api-faucet-script-create-your-own-crypto-faucet-844119 Maybe it would be best to raise questions there?
EDIT: I believe both myself and LandOfBitcoin agree that their is plenty of space in this for multiple micro networks. I do hope that its not the case of one trying to hurt the other. We should be pushing each other to offer better platforms not hindering its users experience.
I agree that this thread should remain about Microwallet.org, which is why I have not mentioned the name of the micro transaction network I'm affiliated with (which is not Faucetbox)

As far as spam goes, I dont see any mention from anyone in this thread that actually is claiming to be affiliated with Faucetbox, seems only other faucet owners who have talked about them - Not sure if thats really considered spam or rather others looking for a solution when their provider is down.

Or it's called, "I just created a website and came to spam on MW thread either during an obvious DDOS, or while I was possibly causing one myself".

All things considered, during the first couple posts, FaucetBox only had ONE faucet listed on their website - I looked. There was only one faucet for a good block of time after the first faucet box posts. Does not sound like a "faucet owner" to me. On that note, the domain was hand registered on Aug. 28th of this year.

Gotta call them out on this. And I assume they are behind the ddos with MW - but that's just my assumption based on observation.
Anyone who says they are familiar with faucetbox, I want to know how - because as of the original post, they only had ONE faucet....fail fail fail.
Thank you.

Ok, thats why I cant get it to work probably.

Always good to know that when tweaking the crap out of 2 lines of code. LOL Hardcore.

So I guess I'll just stay tuned to see how this resolves.

-----

On another note, and I'm sure it's been said....seems to be a lot of talk of ddos when this faucetbox starts posting. I was watching this conversation take place, and when I saw the posts I realized that faucetbox only had ONE faucet on their list. Later, I started seeing 2 more appear in the list (prob the couple who signed up in reaction to their post here) - as of right now, only four.

Just pointing out the obvious here. Spanking new name, dropping casual spam on a microwallet thread - with only ONE SINGLE FAUCET on their list (now 4) - in the mist of MW obviously defending themselves from a ddos. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

To all the ppl actually humoring and talking about faucetbox....you guys should make your own thread. This thread is for MW posts, obviously. If faucetbox wants to create drama and have a shady promotional stunt, more power to them - just do it on your own thread. This is officially annoying....and MW is a great API. 

Except NeedIfFindIt no one contributing to resolve the Microwallet issue or to find Any other alternative to redevelop the microwallet API code for faucets. We are just copying and pasting nothing new.
On another note, and I'm sure it's been said....seems to be a lot of talk of ddos when this faucetbox starts posting. I was watching this conversation take place, and when I saw the posts I realized that faucetbox only had ONE faucet on their list. Later, I started seeing 2 more appear in the list (prob the couple who signed up in reaction to their post here) - as of right now, only four.

Just pointing out the obvious here. Spanking new name, dropping casual spam on a microwallet thread - with only ONE SINGLE FAUCET on their list (now 4) - in the mist of MW obviously defending themselves from a ddos. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

To all the ppl actually humoring and talking about faucetbox....you guys should make your own thread. This thread is for MW posts, obviously. If faucetbox wants to create drama and have a shady promotional stunt, more power to them - just do it on your own thread. This is officially annoying....and MW is a great API. 

Hello,

Thank you.

Ok, thats why I cant get it to work probably.

Always good to know that when tweaking the crap out of 2 lines of code. LOL Hardcore.

So I guess I'll just stay tuned to see how this resolves.

-----

my eyes hurt.

I have it working now per those two fixes.

I also got it to work without using the actual IP - confirmed. I can do it using ssi://www.microwallet.org

up and running as we speak.

*but i ask again just in case - when i swapped the IP for the actual link to MW in the fixes, am I still vaulnerable to the temp risk that's associated with the fixes and the IP showing (since its not actually showing).

I suppose you were successful because they temporarely disabled the protection. And microwallet.org went down again for a while.

If it really works with
Code:
then you don't have to worry about the security.
So Now Landofbitcoin.com also need Cloudflare DDoS attack is like HIV/AIDS. Is there any one who can find solution to reverse the DDoS attacks
my eyes hurt.

I have it working now per those two fixes.

I also got it to work without using the actual IP - confirmed. I can do it using ssi://www.microwallet.org

up and running as we speak.

*but i ask again just in case - when i swapped the IP for the actual link to MW in the fixes, am I still vaulnerable to the temp risk that's associated with the fixes and the IP showing (since its not actually showing).

Pages:
Jump to: