Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] MinePit - The future of mining pools - page 3. (Read 20976 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
We're fluctuating around the 100% share mark now on our first DOGE block. As soon as we find that we'll be drawing the first round prize winners. Hopefully not long now Smiley

If you want to take part there's still time to gain entry to the draw - all you have to do is mine at any of our pools.

List of all current pools below:
CleanWaterCoin
DogeCoin
FailCoin
GiarCoin
GreeceCoin
KimoCoin
KittehCoin
KlondikeCoin
LimeCoin
MatrixCoin
MunitiCoin
OctoCoin
PotCoin
RotoCoin
Surge
VertCoin
VirtualCoin
WorldCoin
ZetaCoin
Announcing our 1 MILLION DOGECOIN Giveaway

We are giving away 1,000,000 DOGE in a prize draw - available to everyone who mines at any of our pools starting from today. As you mine, you will earn "tickets" to the prize draw. The more tickets you have the more chance of winning. The first draw will be made when we have found our first DOGE block.

Starts right now - click here to learn more
We've added a ZetaCoin pool today. Algo SHA256..

https://www.minep.it/pool/zet/

Announcement of big giveaway to come very soon...
Have just added a pool for WorldCoin.

If you're looking for a pool to mine WDC then head over:
https://www.minep.it/pool/wdc/
UPDATE: All pools working super smooth after the server migration. Everything running nicely Smiley

And we've just added a pool for LimeCoin: https://www.minep.it/pool/lim (good price on exchanges right now - jump in and get mining!)
We're back online now. Adding pools back in one by one but hopefully the orphan problem is now full resolved.

Hope to see our miners jumping back in again Smiley

Thanks
UPDATE: Due to the problem we were having with orphaned blocks we've had to temporarily shut down all the pools. We are moving to new hosting as we now believe that is the issue. We hope to have everything running again within the day. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Just a quick overview of recent happenings:

We've added a new "MPOS style" website interface, in addition to our responsive/mobile website.

Added several new pools - current running list:

CleanWaterCoin
DogeCoin
eCent
FailCoin
GiarCoin
GollumCoin
GreeceCoin
KimoCoin
KittehCoin
KlondikeCoin
MatrixCoin
MunitiCoin
OctoCoin
RotoCoin
Surge
VertCoin
VirtualCoin

We had a few issues with orphan blocks but after a lot of investigation we're hoping we've found the solution to this. We noticed the PotCoin daemon we were running was sending/receiving insane amounts of data over the network blocking other coins from sending notifications when we'd found new blocks.

We have to apologize to those miners who have used our pools but missed out on a few coins that probably should have been valid, but because of the above problem, ended up as orphans.

On the positive side, we've got some exciting new features in the works and will bring more news about those as soon as we can.

Hope to see more of you mining at MinePit over the coming days/weeks/months/years! Feel free to jump in to the chatroom on the site while you're mining Smiley

Thanks
MinePit Team
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148
97 million FAIL payout but no transaction ID and not received into wallet, any idea?
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
How does payout work? I have over 50mil failcoin(i know) and it hasnt paid out to me yet. Site says it pays out when "120 confirms & 10000 FAIL coins have been mined." Will you be adding manual payouts?

There's a problem with the coin really (yes.. hard to believe I know). The nodes often lose connection and so the payout cron fails. This disables the cron so I need to keep resetting it. This would be the same for manual payments also. It's just something we'll have to try stay on top of manually. If anyone has confirmed coins that they're not getting please post here and I'll sort them out.

Sorry but it hasnt payed out yet for me. opened a ticket on your site. let me know if you need any other info. thanks for getting back to us Wink
Mining MEOW for couple of days already, no issues so far.  Love the interface!

Thanks for the positive feedback Smiley

We need to grow the miner base a little now...
Activity: 174
Mining MEOW for couple of days already, no issues so far.  Love the interface!
How does payout work? I have over 50mil failcoin(i know) and it hasnt paid out to me yet. Site says it pays out when "120 confirms & 10000 FAIL coins have been mined." Will you be adding manual payouts?

There's a problem with the coin really (yes.. hard to believe I know). The nodes often lose connection and so the payout cron fails. This disables the cron so I need to keep resetting it. This would be the same for manual payments also. It's just something we'll have to try stay on top of manually. If anyone has confirmed coins that they're not getting please post here and I'll sort them out.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
a) Dyson invents new features instead of being lazy
b) People start to trust dyson more than the ripoffs
c) If no incentive to start a dyson someone will end up doing it for real cheap..

This is too simplistic. Think about the long term consequences. If Dyson give out all their new designs to the competition then those other companies will find ways to make them cheaper, sell them cheaper, and thus undercut Dyson. The long term effect of this is that Dyson will no longer invent new features etc because they'll be going bankrupt! So.. the market leader gets undercut, goes out of business and what's left? A bunch of greedy copycat clones that have no initiative or desire to push the market forward. Does that sound good?

Notice that the end user wins every time? Are we out to make the world better or to make YOUR world better? Which side are you on?

We're on both sides! We're obviously looking out for ourselves as there needs to be some reward for our time and effort in creating these innovations. But the main focus is the end user - without the end user using the service then there is no service. But again, like the Dyson analogy, if we give out all our hard work to everyone who wants it so they can copy it and release it then our reward will be significantly, if not completely, gone. Thus our motivation to innovate further is reduced. In the end it's about trying to find the right balance I guess.

I guess what im saying doesnt exist.. and I wonder why every business ever created will always fail.. I think it has something to do with becoming complacant and not tuned to market demands.. by going open source your forced to pay attention to market demand.. Dyson would have to keep market advantage by innovating instead of becoming too cozy with what they have.. undercutting happens yes but I do believe Id pay a premium to pay for a dyson if Dyson offers better customer support and warranty and known trackrecord.. somehing that the leaches wouldnt be able to offer.. the cheap people buy the cheaper optiom only to learn the long term cost implication of their decision ended up costing more...

I know where your coming from but I think if we push for open source we may just end up pleasantly surprised..

We will have to look into it a little more and see what we can come up with.

Thanks for your input Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
c) If no incentive to start a dyson someone will end up doing it for real cheap..

This is too simplistic. Think about the long term consequences. If Dyson give out all their new designs to the competition then those other companies will find ways to make them cheaper, sell them cheaper, and thus undercut Dyson. The long term effect of this is that Dyson will no longer invent new features etc because they'll be going bankrupt! So.. the market leader gets undercut, goes out of business and what's left? A bunch of greedy copycat clones that have no initiative or desire to push the market forward. Does that sound good?

Notice that the end user wins every time? Are we out to make the world better or to make YOUR world better? Which side are you on?

We're on both sides! We're obviously looking out for ourselves as there needs to be some reward for our time and effort in creating these innovations. But the main focus is the end user - without the end user using the service then there is no service. But again, like the Dyson analogy, if we give out all our hard work to everyone who wants it so they can copy it and release it then our reward will be significantly, if not completely, gone. Thus our motivation to innovate further is reduced. In the end it's about trying to find the right balance I guess.

I guess what im saying doesnt exist.. and I wonder why every business ever created will always fail.. I think it has something to do with becoming complacant and not tuned to market demands.. by going open source your forced to pay attention to market demand.. Dyson would have to keep market advantage by innovating instead of becoming too cozy with what they have.. undercutting happens yes but I do believe Id pay a premium to pay for a dyson if Dyson offers better customer support and warranty and known trackrecord.. somehing that the leaches wouldnt be able to offer.. the cheap people buy the cheaper optiom only to learn the long term cost implication of their decision ended up costing more...

I know where your coming from but I think if we push for open source we may just end up pleasantly surprised..

legendary
Again your inline with conventional thinking.

Think outside the box.. ie deflation in todays banking? You must not be a bitcoin believer.. mayne you missed that part.

If dyson gives it away and people copy and paste why would people go buy their service? Maybe its cheaper?

a) Dyson invents new features instead of
being lazy

its conventional thinking that got us in this mess financially so people will soom realize that posting your work source not only is a great idea but will help you to further
your idea as many people come in and make it
better.. ofcourse if you know your stuff you will have first to market advantage and usually win market share..

In an ideal world maybe that would be true - but this isn't an ideal world unfortunately. This is a product we've created. We've invested time and money into building it and don't want to give our source code out to everyone so it can be instantly copied and cloned. We need to take every advantage we have to try and claim our market share before that happens.

If you go to Dyson and ask them how they make their latest vacuum cleaner, they're not going to give you their design sheets... because it's their product. Why would they want the competition to know how it's made?

At the end of the day it boils down to trust. We're here for the long run and so we're happy to wait a while for that trust to build, which it eventually will as there is nothing dodgy about it at all. We will be 100% open and transparent about the operations of the app without giving away our source code. Everyone nowadays has virus scanners and malware scanners etc - feel free to scan the app with whatever you feel comfortable with. Plus, as I said earlier, everything the app does is monitor-able. If anything was going on that shouldn't be it would be immediately obvious.

If you're not comfortable with using it at this point then that's fair enough, but others are, and are enjoying the benefits of it as we speak.
legendary
its conventional thinking that got us in this mess financially so people will soom realize that posting your work source not only is a great idea but will help you to further
your idea as many people come in and make it
better.. ofcourse if you know your stuff you will have first to market advantage and usually win market share..
but if you are weak and lazy someone else will come take it.. isnt that how it should
be? If you dont feel that maybe your
not a long term bitcoin supporter but a short term thinker. This idea of open source is exasberated in devcoin where you get paid for it.. so one day people can work from around the world collaborating.. the open source idea again is against conventional wisdom thus a good idea mathematically.
Pages:
Jump to: