Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 1003. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 133
Merit: 11
I've now read all pages of the thread and tried all methods of getting wallet to sync since last night and it just will not sync.

The most ridiculous way for a coin to die- people cant access their wallet. this is an immediate concern for the coins longevity and if not rectified the coin will just slowly disappear. People just do not want to spend whole days trying to do a very simple task; accessing their wallet.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
The coin goes well, let it be how it is for the moment. Not needing an exchange at the moment, let us mine, this coin is just few days old and it will help to let that coin alive and that means no dumping in the first week on a small exchange. lets bring it up to cryptsy in 2 or 3 weeks maybe
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
do you have any pics of your solar powered server to share?

"Our" server? No!
We're hosted on greengeeks.

And, for those who wonder, we're working on a better website, of course.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I cant get my wallet synced Sad Used the addnodes in the topicstart... waiting for more than an half hour now...

Read back three or four pages and try the fixes there Smiley

ah thanks, Now it works Smiley

Used this:

testnet=0
listen=1
addnode=198.241.46.170
addnode=162.243.4.85
addnode=211.28.143.54
addnode=46.4.95.176
addnode=192.241.215.76
addnode=111.126.201.199
addnode=14.107.225.71
addnode=162.243.222.26
addnode=144.76.64.123
addnode=89.71.42.172
addnode=212.247.109.253
maxconnections=100
daemon=1

Please post some Smiley MmgEx7RYRB4A9pURxnCWYzzPxmE3gJEWMj
Activity: 224
I cant get my wallet synced Sad Used the addnodes in the topicstart... waiting for more than an half hour now...

Read back three or four pages and try the fixes there Smiley
Activity: 364
A question to OP : Do you have some sort of plan for the future of the coin ? Like how to promote it, when you gonna go for exchanges etc etc ?
If you do please share it with us so who wants can help Smiley

Of course, we have a plan (and so far, everything goes well according to it)! But nothing beats the community support. Spread the word people! Also add your MINT address in your signature. We're going to send coins randomly. Do everything you can to promote the coin!

Added mint to my signature, do you have any pics of your solar powered server to share?
Activity: 140
Activity: 196
Yes, the pool seems very nice, and stable.

I was surprised about the delay for blocks to be confirmed, and supect it could be a network issue.
Anyway, waiting a couple of hours in not an issue as long as everything ended up correctly.

Thanks for your answer.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Many unconfirmed coins on Coin4evryone pool: 120 000.
Strange because yesterday all coins became confirmed in a quarter.

Hi, this should be better now, I can see you have around 70 000 unconfirmed.
You just have to be patient Smiley

Everything is running fine on mnt.coins4everyone.com

Can you explain this:

2. what does that mean in the wallet : Minting suspended due to locked wallet?
This says you can not do mining due to wallet encrypted.
you need to unlock the wallet in order to mine (for example for PoS blocks):
mintcoin-qt -server
mintcoind walletpassphrase true
Is this mean that PoS generation of the coin is not posible if we have encrypted wallet?

p.s. I change my signature and put MINT on the first place.

Your wallet can't be locked while you PoS generate blocks. To unlock wallet go to the QT and click help - debug window - console.

Type this;
Code:
walletpassphrase   true

= your password
= 999999999

That is all you'll have to do to start minting once your coins are ready for PoS.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Guys this coin is incredible. But official website is too simple. You will need to hire some webdesigners to help you making website more professional.  Wink
Stay calm and keep you fresh.

+1
With good DEV support this coin can last as it has very nice features!
+1 ,can't agree more
Activity: 532
Guys this coin is incredible. But official website is too simple. You will need to hire some webdesigners to help you making website more professional.  Wink
Stay calm and keep you fresh.

+1
With good DEV support this coin can last as it has very nice features!
Many unconfirmed coins on Coin4evryone pool: 120 000.
Strange because yesterday all coins became confirmed in a quarter.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
A question to OP : Do you have some sort of plan for the future of the coin ? Like how to promote it, when you gonna go for exchanges etc etc ?
If you do please share it with us so who wants can help Smiley

Of course, we have a plan (and so far, everything goes well according to it)! But nothing beats the community support. Spread the word people! Also add your MINT address in your signature. We're going to send coins randomly. Do everything you can to promote the coin!

You can share some more information about your plan with the community. This is good coin, but we need to know more about ideas for his future.

Can you explain this:

2. what does that mean in the wallet : Minting suspended due to locked wallet?
This says you can not do mining due to wallet encrypted.
you need to unlock the wallet in order to mine (for example for PoS blocks):
mintcoin-qt -server
mintcoind walletpassphrase true
Is this mean that PoS generation of the coin is not posible if we have encrypted wallet?

p.s. I change my signature and put MINT on the first place.
Does PoS start right now, or in 5 week?
In a word, my wallet is encrypted and so mining is locked, should I start mining PoS and unlocked it right now, or should I wait 5 weeks to do it?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
What's the min time for POS stake?

I know the annual rate is like 20% but must we wait for 1 yr to get first POS coin?

Some other POS coins give clear instruction about the min. stake time.

Are you talking about coin age for PoS minting to start? It's 20 days.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
Crypto entrepreneur and consultant
After 5 weeks, the PoW payout will be fixed at 1 coin per block

Why will miners still mine after 5 weeks? 1 coin a block is way to low to be profitable. You need miners to keep the network alive. Does this mean this coin will be dead after ~5 weeks? Better get on an exchange now!

Google proof of stake algorithm.

Does proof of stake validate other peoples transactions?

Yes.
Activity: 182
What's the min time for POS stake?

I know the annual rate is like 20% but must we wait for 1 yr to get first POS coin?

Some other POS coins give clear instruction about the min. stake time.
After 5 weeks, the PoW payout will be fixed at 1 coin per block

Why will miners still mine after 5 weeks? 1 coin a block is way to low to be profitable. You need miners to keep the network alive. Does this mean this coin will be dead after ~5 weeks? Better get on an exchange now!

Google proof of stake algorithm.

Does proof of stake validate other peoples transactions?

that's right.
Jump to: