Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 457. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Just one idea from my side ...

Why not release it in 2 drops? First drop (that I consider easier, not a developer myself though) to be able to send/receive coins only. No minting.
Second drop (the most difficult part I guess) minting option included.

Is this something worth exploring or I am totally rumbling ?  Tongue

edit: I mean of course the android wallet ...

This seems like a good idea

BigChirv is a good Programmer, he is willing to help!

Hey Chirv!!! welcome!

Excellent!

Welcome BigChirv  Cool

I may have missed it, but is there a bounty on the Android wallet? Seems like this would be a great thing to have. I'm willing to contribute some Mintcoins to a private bounty to get-er-done if necessary. Ideally there'd be some premine coins that could be used as a bounty though. Any news on this front?

Welcome BigChirv!
I think there is a premine bounty associated with the android wallet although I am not sure how much.
If it will help I think it would be worth it to add a community bounty on top as this is a very important development. I'm willing to contribute to such a bounty.
我非常乐意捐助你们,为了开发android钱包 Wink
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
yes, that should be the way/preferred.

Yeah, I agree. If we can just get a working android wallet that will be a big first step.

Android wallet is IMO most needed when thinking of your coin future!
I will not use a coin if there is no android wallet ;P
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Why not release it in 2 drops? First drop (that I consider easier, not a developer myself though) to be able to send/receive coins only. No minting.

Hey Chirv!!! welcome!

Excellent!

Welcome BigChirv  Cool

I may have missed it, but is there a bounty on the Android wallet? Seems like this would be a great thing to have. I'm willing to contribute some Mintcoins to a private bounty to get-er-done if necessary. Ideally there'd be some premine coins that could be used as a bounty though. Any news on this front?

Welcome BigChirv!
I think there is a premine bounty associated with the android wallet although I am not sure how much.
If it will help I think it would be worth it to add a community bounty on top as this is a very important development. I'm willing to contribute to such a bounty.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I pledge 250K MINT to be paid upon receiving a basic working prototype of Android wallet.
Thanks, I do notice a similar minting shortly after, not the same number of coins but close.

Was the subsequent minting slightly more than the previously orphaned block? Since the coinage will be a little older after they got orphaned, it should be slightly larger. At least that is my understanding.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Mintcoin team,

I believe that investing in the building of a professional Mintcoin app for Android and IOS will shoot our coin up the charts and can create a bridge from this community to the big media.

Let's make this coin solid!!
Activity: 126

Hey Chirv!!! welcome!

Excellent!

Welcome BigChirv  Cool

Hey Chirv!!! welcome!

Excellent!

Welcome BigChirv  Cool

Activity: 42

Hey Chirv!!! welcome!
Activity: 280
Thanks, I do notice a similar minting shortly after, not the same number of coins but close.

Still having problems with orphaned coins, this time it was over 2,000 coins! Any ideas?

That is normal, somebody else found the block before you. Don't worry though, coinage is not lost on the coins you had at stake to find that block.
Activity: 184
Still having problems with orphaned coins, this time it was over 2,000 coins! Any ideas?

I'm not an expert but I read somewhere that you can expect to get orphans from PoS mining when someone else mines a block at almost the same time as you. Eventually your wallet should reject them and start mining again. Hopefully it will keep doing this until you get the coins you are entitled to, but you might get a load of orphans before your minted coins are confirmed.
Activity: 280
Activity: 210

Since this coin is POW/POS, would it be possible to make a pow only android wallet?
Or would transactions take too long with pow only?
Activity: 42
This coin must be crazy popular the post count is huge already.

This coin may be young but we have a strong and thriving community! Check Mint out on mintcointalk, facebook, reddit, twitter, and google+ too!
http://www.mintcointalk.com/
https://www.facebook.com/MintCoin
http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/
https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam
https://plus.google.com/116843574211918716580/posts

Is this a novacoin clone what's new?

They are all clones, but mint breeds the best of technology.

Faster that FASTCoin
POS like Peercoin
Billions in distribution like Doge
Fair distribution like ANY!!!!! in the rentable POW phase

It just took the best of everithing.

And has never been forked!
yes, that should be the way/preferred.

Yeah, I agree. If we can just get a working android wallet that will be a big first step.
Activity: 490
Mintcoin to $1 please

that will take a very very very long time.

You never know.. bitcoin won't hold the throne forever
Activity: 224
Mintcoin to $1 please

that will take a very very very long time.
Jump to: