Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 911. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Very interesting coin.  As a saver I find the PoS concept to be very appealing.  I'm glad I found this one during the initial rollout where I can accumulate a bunch of these fairly quickly before the PoW drops to 1/block.  I'll be waiting to see how the PoS works in a week or so after I hit 20 days.  I suppose it also help that I love mint.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
PSA: New Windows Wallet out!!

Here it is, it's not a mandatory update if your wallet sync up already.

Wallet 1.3:
-Upnp issue fixed
-Added checkpoints
-Getbalance parameters fixed

Download Windows version:
- http://www.mediafire.com/download/14v28z27mryd5cy/MintCoin13.zip
- Mirror

fixes syncing issues. Just installed it had 40 connections in less than a minute! Great job devs.

Great job on fixing the wallet. It's been working for me but we've had so many post in this thread of it not working for others.
Has the new wallet been posted on Reddit?
http://www.reddit.com/r/mintcoin
Also whoever is doing the css on the reddit sub, nice work!

That would be me your new community manager. It is still in the works. Reddit is becoming a real fresh place to hang out. We got a tip bot, a contest going on. Head on over and join the fun.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Activity: 429
Great job on fixing the wallet. It's been working for me but we've had so many post in this thread of it not working for others.
Has the new wallet been posted on Reddit?
http://www.reddit.com/r/mintcoin
Also whoever is doing the css on the reddit sub, nice work!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
There are bounties for those who compile latest Linux or Mac versions.

Need to fork some advanced coin control features from other stake wallets like Hobonickels, or have development/bounties for that stuff too.

Seems like there's probably enough work in this area done already that you don't need to reinvent the wheel and can just use already existing code from other wallets.
Activity: 64
Nice work on the new wallet.
 1.3 starts to sync for me in under  20 seconds , previous version used to take from 10 to 20 minutes.
 Grin
Activity: 336
Received generous donation for Mintcoin giveaway! (tyvm)

To get your share of Mint's click here.
http://behindthecoin.com/threads/234-Mintcoin-giveaway

Giveaway now closed. All minty's have been passed to new mintholders. Thanks all for supporting mint. And big thanks for received donations to make giveaway smashing succes!
Activity: 325

Thank you!

Thank you! Works like smooth sailing!

Any plans to update Mac OSX version? The current does't work on my Maverics OSX.

There are bounties for those who compile latest Linux or Mac versions.
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
What should we do for Mintcoin to be added to coinmarketcap.com? i just posted a message in their bitcointalk thread.

For a Coin to be added to coinmarketcap, it must have at least 1 month of age, which is not the case for Mintcoin.
Where did you learn this? Because you're wrong.  Tongue Karmacoin made it on there in a week, and it's a crap clone with nothing going for it except kimoto gravity well (which it didn't even have at the date that it was added).

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coinmarketcapcom-market-cap-rankings-of-all-cryptocurrencies-199685

we are pending. They need mintpal API access.

How can we get the mintpall api to them because if the coin is on, coinmarketcap alot of people will proberly see it, for the first time.
And maybe they will get interested, But great news about the new wallet.
Soon another block reward halving, any price speculations?
Yeah.. Mintcoin to the Latvia!  Tongue

Lol +1

Mint's To Da Latvia!!!! Smiley
Activity: 96
My native language is latvian; I am from Latvia. Hope someone knows, where it is Cheesy

I think I have heard of this planet before.

Yeah.. Mintcoin to the Latvia!  Tongue
legendary
My native language is latvian; I am from Latvia. Hope someone knows, where it is Cheesy

I think I have heard of this planet before.
Btw, I see that Mintcoin can go pass Topcoin, which is smth like rapid Mintcoin first stage (PoW) part.

I'm ready to write some article about Mintcoin to promote it, but I don't know, where to publish it or where it could be accepted.

My English is not perfect, but I'm trying my best. My native language is latvian; I am from Latvia. Hope someone knows, where it is Cheesy
legendary
Can you give me a rundown on why checkpoints were added?

For people who don't know how Bitcoin works, it's the dark secret of crypto.  Everything was supposed to be decentralized where you just launch the coin then never have to touch it again, but they added checkpoints even in the real Bitcoin client to avoid certain attack vectors.  The attack vector is more spam related than 51% attack related, but checkpoints obviously addresses that too.  The bare minimum of checkpointing currently used is to just upload a snapshot of most recent block chain consensus whenever the client is updated.  I think this is actually a rational move, and not a big deal, but all other more intense check pointing should be abolished.  

I haven't looked into it much, but I think Quark even has some kind of real time checkpointing constantly updated since their method of distribution is a complete failure and they can't secure a block chain with a PoW coin with no rewards for mining it.

By the way, the mint wallet really needs coin control added ASAP.  It's required for a proof of stake coin.
So much opportunities with day trading to rise Mintcoin stake, but it's so stressful process. At night I am dreaming about coins, trades and so on. This is it! Let the Radeons just keep mining some more coins for me. And let's take some rest.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Here it is, it's not a mandatory update if your wallet sync up already.

Wallet 1.3:
-Upnp issue fixed
-Added checkpoints
-Getbalance parameters fixed

Download Windows version:
- http://www.mediafire.com/download/14v28z27mryd5cy/MintCoin13.zip
- Mirror

Can you give me a rundown on why checkpoints were added?
legendary
I must say that I am utterly impressed by the logos. So many alt-coins have horrendous logos, but the Mint logos are something else.

and another

I'm hosting a small mintcoin giveaway here :
http://behindthecoin.com/threads/234-Mintcoin-giveaway?p=1100#post1100

Giveaway is going really fast. Gonna need support from big supporters to spread some of the wealth.
Mf2t3yGz4zhpKet7TRodKNo4qy5mWiJ8Pt
Activity: 420
McYXYgm9t57uN8prco8VBCVQJKKsH96Aae

Anyone wanna get me started =]
Activity: 721
Merit: 523
Jump to: