Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 915. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Hi, friends! Smiley

CALCULATOR - MINT / day
Actually till 20 February

Z=X*720000000/(Y*429,4967296/3)
X - you hashrate in Mh/s
Y - Diff
Z - MINT/day
Y*429,4967296/3 - hashrate net Mintcoin in Mh/s

Smiley
Thanks - MgBiY9utmNmS96krPLzbPVgFkMGChYt1q9

sorry for bad English
 Wink
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1169
Can I have a list of all the websites where MINT is accepted, please ? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
Please fix the wallet and the github release

We run many faucets at http://coinok.pw and mintcoin is the one that keeps falling... i have to manually delete the blockchain several times a day... plus it takes too much for blockchain to download... something is not working right, please fix it.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
http://mint.poolto.be/ we really need more hashrate, very good pool btw.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hello hello,
Mincoin has been added on our website www.coins2themoon.com
You can exchange MINT/DOGE and MINT/LTC
Enjoy & have a HAPPY TRADING Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/ObeoeD7.jpg
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Excuse me sir but opening the mintcoin cliebt is exactly the same as opening the bitcoin client.  Roll Eyes

- It is not too hard to see that the file with the ".exe" at the end is the executable file. Even my mom knows that.
- You have to wait much longer for the bitcoin wallet than the mintcoin wallet.
- You can not tell me that you don´t know how to unzip a file. Nowadays nearly every downloadable file is packed.

This post is even more ridicoulus because you posted that you had run a miner. Nearly every miner in the interwebz is packed...

I don´t want to offend you but.. hell, man is this your first day on the internet?  Grin

As a pool operator, I run a LOT of wallets.  We have had zero problems with Karma, Leaf, Panda, etc... but the MintCoin wallet has consistently given us troubles.  Now, you might be OK with waiting 3+ hours for the blockchain to download, but I'm not!  We have gone as far as to set up 3 redundant wallets so that if one crashes and corrupts the blockchain, our pool isn't down for 3+ hours while it reloads. 

The addnode lists being distributed around here are an attempt at a solution, but they're not a great one.  Most of the IP's listed are just normal end-user dynamic IP's.  This means that over time, those peoples' IP's will change and become useless... or they'll turn off their laptop, etc...  What really needs to be done is that the devs need to run a set of their OWN nodes to help stabilize the network and help people download the blockchain as fast as possible.  On top of that, they need to reach out to pool owners to encourage them to run full  publicly accessible nodes as well. 

So, to all the people who are not having trouble- I'm SUPER happy for you.  That is GREAT news.  Consider yourself lucky. But remember that you are only one person, and you're not smarter than everyone else.  There are smart people who know what they're doing who still have issues with the poor quality of default nodes in the client as well as the lists floating around.
Activity: 168
Mintcoin is an altcoin WORTH mining. Mine some now http://mint.majorminers.com/

Get it while you still can...then mint your own while others can't!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Would love a MINT-LTC market on mintpal!

Wonder what will happen when coin is not mineable anymore.
Need to buy up while cheap  Wink
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
OK, look, something needs to be done about the wallet.

We're on it right now. I won't spoil but we have a fairly good result just waiting to be released. The devs are working very hard to make mint all it can be.
Activity: 367

Excuse me sir but opening the mintcoin cliebt is exactly the same as opening the bitcoin client.  Roll Eyes

- It is not too hard to see that the file with the ".exe" at the end is the executable file. Even my mom knows that.
- You can not tell me that you don´t know how to unzip a file. Nowadays nearly every downloadable file is packed.

This post is even more ridicoulus because you posted that you had run a miner. Nearly every miner in the interwebz is packed...

I don´t want to offend you but.. hell, man is this your first day on the internet?  Grin

LOL, well said, dude.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Great ! There is a chineese translation of this thread in the forum !
We are looking for volunteers for the CN translation. Please PM me or Shibeon (preferrably Shibeon since he is the single point of contact).

Yes I am willing to field every and all questions , comments, concerns be it about mintcoin or setting up your miner.  Also to add what David has said we are looking for someone to take the roles of European Community Manager and Asian Community manager. If you feel you can fill these roles please contact me.

- Your community manager Shibeon Barkmont

As always stay fresh Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Great ! There is a chineese translation of this thread in the forum !
We are looking for volunteers for the CN translation. Please PM me or Shibeon (preferrably Shibeon since he is the single point of contact).
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I am very happy that there are people like ShibeonBarkmont David Latapie that are steping up for this coin ! I will also do my best and i am sure the community will get this coin where it belongs. I hope they will be able to get in touch with the dev team soon and get some more information on the upcoming changes from there, such as wallet fix etc. We as community can do a lot but we for sure need some good dev's working on the technical part.
And I am happy that kopam is in too.

We are getting in touch with the devs and he welcomed our initiative. Please continue posting on the thread, and try to avoid contacting the devs straight. I you absolutely need something private, PM Shibeon, who will process your request accordingly.

Mint to Alpha Centauri!
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
RISE Project Manager
I'd love MINT to return to 2 satoshis.

Just one last time before we give it a push!  Grin
Activity: 210

"for people with home made computers stuffed to the rafters with AMD cards to make some extra cash."

watchu talkin bout willis?  Cheesy

Also, great to see all the effort being put into Mint.

Activity: 224
So much has happened since last week it seems, good job everyone. I have many pages to read through Smiley
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
OK, look, something needs to be done about the wallet. There is no excuse for those problems. I am not a coder, so what I am about to say may get some people upset. This coin is supposed to be for the masses, right? All of these other coins require no extra coding to get it to "configure" (yeah, that word alone should really attract mass adoption!). If you hit DOGE wallet on their website (and lots of others, but I am using DOGE as an example of a mass adopted coin) a wallet hits your screen and you are ready to go there is no "extracting", "configuring", "roaming" or coding involved in the process. If all of the other coins (seemingly) can do it, why can’t Mint? Again, I am not a coder, but can’t one just copy what all of the other coins did and do the same for Mint? Is the Mint wallet so different from all of the others. What -- is Barack Obama running this coin!?

Excuse me sir but opening the mintcoin cliebt is exactly the same as opening the bitcoin client.  Roll Eyes

I don´t want to offend you but.. hell, man is this your first day on the internet?  Grin

First of all, you must have a very savvy mother. I have to explain how the Amazon site works to my mother. So, you win there!

Now, I don't know what how many "downloadable files" you receive on a regular basis, but I can't remember the last time I encountered one. I was at work many years ago or something -- I don't even remember. I use my computer for entertainment and news. News sites, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. I have not had to deal with zip files on any of those occasions. I write on Word for blog posts, and well, that is about it. Maybe, I am bizarre and everyone else is exchanging zip files, having a grand time and I have been left out in the cold.

I have never downloaded a miner, so while it may be true that "nearly every miner in the interwebz is packed", as you put it, I wouldn't know. I use the cloud services, which is why I have PUTTY. Once I had that, I could just copy and paste the proper code given by each coin.

I had read where it takes days to sync up with the BTC wallet, so I only have one of those "Multibit" BTC wallets. And, just like my (few) other wallets, it just appeared on my computer after hitting a button. That includes another new coin -- DUCK, which did the same,

But this is all missing the point. Mint needs to be as absolutely simple as possible. Yes, my mistakes were dunderheaded and not well thought out. And I shouldn't have gotten annoyed as most of the errors were mine. But new coins need to be easy for new people, is all I am saying. This coin stuff is supposed to be a fun time (as well as profitable, of course).

I am just trying to point out that competition is getting fiercer and fiercer and if we are losing even one possible recruit because some things are pain in the neck, then that is one too many.

I want Mint to succeed and I think that it has huge potential. But what does it say to new people that the wallet may need additional coding (which it says on every other page of this very forum), the website is adequate at best and the logo is mildly ok?

The miners will be leaving soon (as they do with all coins -- now more than ever) and taking their "enthusiasm" with them. I am just trying to point out a few basics so that we can keep this community rolling after those guys are long gone. I'm certainly not trying to stir up arguments. I want Mint to be a huge, long term coin!

I totally agree with you, +100!
Activity: 284
OK, look, something needs to be done about the wallet. There is no excuse for those problems. I am not a coder, so what I am about to say may get some people upset. This coin is supposed to be for the masses, right? All of these other coins require no extra coding to get it to "configure" (yeah, that word alone should really attract mass adoption!). If you hit DOGE wallet on their website (and lots of others, but I am using DOGE as an example of a mass adopted coin) a wallet hits your screen and you are ready to go there is no "extracting", "configuring", "roaming" or coding involved in the process. If all of the other coins (seemingly) can do it, why can’t Mint? Again, I am not a coder, but can’t one just copy what all of the other coins did and do the same for Mint? Is the Mint wallet so different from all of the others. What -- is Barack Obama running this coin!?

First of all, you must have a very savvy mother. I have to explain how the Amazon site works to my mother. So, you win there!

Now, I don't know how many "downloadable files" you receive on a regular basis, but I can't remember the last time I encountered one. I was at work many years ago or something -- I don't even remember. I use my computer for entertainment and news. News sites, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. I have not had to deal with zip files on any of those occasions. I write on Word for blog posts, and well, that is about it. Maybe, I am bizarre and everyone else is exchanging zip files, having a grand time and I have been left out in the cold.

I have never downloaded a miner, so while it may be true that "nearly every miner in the interwebz is packed", as you put it, I wouldn't know. I use the cloud services, which is why I have PUTTY. Once I had that, I could just copy and paste the proper code given by each coin.

I had read where it takes days to sync up with the BTC wallet, so I only have one of those "Multibit" BTC wallets. And, just like my (few) other wallets, it just appeared on my computer after hitting a button. That includes another new coin -- DUCK, which did the same,

But this is all missing the point. Mint needs to be as absolutely simple as possible. Yes, my mistakes were dunderheaded and not well thought out. And I shouldn't have gotten annoyed as most of the errors were mine. But new coins need to be easy for new people, is all I am saying. This coin stuff is supposed to be a fun time (as well as profitable, of course).

I am just trying to point out that competition is getting fiercer and fiercer and if we are losing even one possible recruit because some things are pain in the neck, then that is one too many.

I want Mint to succeed and I think that it has huge potential. But what does it say to new people that the wallet may need additional coding (which it says on every other page of this very forum), the website is adequate at best and the logo is mildly ok?

The miners will be leaving soon (as they do with all coins -- now more than ever) and taking their "enthusiasm" with them. I am just trying to point out a few basics so that we can keep this community rolling after those guys are long gone. I'm certainly not trying to stir up arguments. I want Mint to be a huge, long term coin!
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
RISE Project Manager
I agree that we should retain mintcoin in the domain name.

mint-coin.info is something that we could resort to.

However, just waiting to hear back from owner of mintcoin.info

Jump to: