Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Mt.Gox overview: January 2012 / Transparency - page 3. (Read 7042 times)

vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
Of interest would be total funds owed to depositors in relation to reserves.

Even without actual figures or verification, simply stating "We have enough funds on hand to back 100% of all deposits" in some sort of credible format would be a faith promoting claim.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Thanks!
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
Feel the coffee, be the coffee.
You go Gox !
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Damn clever move, Gox team!  Grin Was this a direct result of hazek's hell-raising with CxC?  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
Nice to see MtGox taking steps to rectify their issues, hopefully others will follow.
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1078
Very, very impressed. +1 to Gox.

Other brokers, take note.
vip
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Did you forget a 0 at page 14 for USD? 383,00 (as in 383 USD) is weird, because it seems too low and I think it is used as a seperator?

Do you intend to manipulate a rally with faulty information? Grin Grin

Sorry this is entirely my fault! Anyway this has been fixed.

Cheers
vip
Activity: 608
Merit: 501
-
Did you forget a 0 at page 14 for USD? 383,00 (as in 383 USD) is weird, because it seems too low and I think it is used as a seperator?

Oops, we'll fix this right now, thanks for the report.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
+1
MtGox seems more professional than I thought.

P.S.: Still, I wish other exchanges would get more love, especially cryptoxchange. Competition is good! Smiley
Activity: 311
Merit: 251
Bitcoin.se site owner
Good stuff Mt.Gox, I think that you're doing a great job reestablishing the trust. Would be interesting to know some more details about the company. For example, how many employees are there?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
+1 Gox
vip
Activity: 608
-
BTC is conspicuously missing from the deposits and withdrawal stats. Can you add it?

Good call.

Sorry, I guess we forgot some info while putting this document together.

We'll include this information for the next time. Note also that unlike bank operations, bitcoins are handled in realtime and there are many more operations in one month. Also, since people may send bitcoins to themselves, as many times as they want, this data may not be really useful.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
BTC is conspicuously missing from the deposits and withdrawal stats. Can you add it?
vip
Nicely done.

One nit pic.

You quoted the monthly Data Centre cost in USD at $5K on page 8.
In Monthly Operating costs you quote in Yen at 5,000,000 on page 16.

Is the Data Centre cost included in the Monthly Operating costs?
I would have thought so, but the currency switch threw me.

Yes you are correct, the monthly $5K of our servers cost is indeed included in the ¥5M Yen.
Activity: 476
Nicely done.

One nit pic.

You quoted the monthly Data Centre cost in USD at $5K on page 8.
In Monthly Operating costs you quote in Yen at 5,000,000 on page 16.

Is the Data Centre cost included in the Monthly Operating costs?
I would have thought so, but the currency switch threw me.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1023
Democracy is the original 51% attack
+1

Thanks Gox
Activity: 2086
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
This is really good. Kudos for taking the lead.

EDIT

I just read it and it seems pretty impressive. Especially customer support and the server setup. Good Job!
vip
From a security standpoint I would be interested in more information on how, technologically and operationally, you are handling security.  The big one (90% of BTC in cold storage) is there, though, and appreciated.

We have planed for this but don't expect an answer by tomorrow ;-). This part is scheduled to be audited for a better accuracy and to make sure that we are true to our words.
vip
How about you guys fix mtgox live, so that more than a bus load of people can use it at the same time and does not crash at the "perfect" time...?

We are planning to update MtGox Live soon, don't worry.
Pages:
Jump to: