Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Mt.Gox overview: January 2012 / Transparency - page 4. (Read 7042 times)

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Extremely interesting info. 80 tickets per week? Wow!
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
+1000 for publishing this information.

In particular, the 90-98% cold storage claim is very helpful to know, and to my knowledge is the first time this has been published.  (I say "claim" not derisively, but only to acknowledge that it's unverified.)
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
How about you guys fix mtgox live, so that more than a bus load of people can use it at the same time and does not crash at the "perfect" time...?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
Commendable.  I'm glad to see you disclose deposits and withdrawals.  I've been interested in this data for some time to help evaluate the Bitcoin economy as a whole.

From a security standpoint I would be interested in more information on how, technologically and operationally, you are handling security.  The big one (90% of BTC in cold storage) is there, though, and appreciated.
vip
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Dear Mt.Gox Users,

It’s no secret that since Tibanne took over Mt.Gox in March 2011 we’ve had a bumpy road, both in terms of growth and security.  The violation of our exchange that took place in June has left an ominous cloud hanging over us and in part, Bitcion and the community.  It has taken us several months to reestablish the level of trust we have now, and we feel as the leading Bitcoin Exchange it is our place to continue to set the model of trust for companies whose business revolves around Bitcoin.

Today we will be putting up a deck, aptly called “Transparency” where you will find basic information about Mt.Gox including operation cost, basic security details, revenue, turnover and so on...

A update to this document will be done every three months or so and we plan to provide as much information as possible without breaching our companies security or competitive advantage. Also, please note that this iteration is a first attempt and we plan to refine subsequent attempts in an effort to be continually more accurate and clear. Your feedback on this deck is of course welcome!

Also, we plan to have this document verified by third party auditors for future releases, however we want to set a realistic expectation this may not happen by the next quarter.

We sincerely hope that our effort here will be mirrored by other exchanges, Bitcoin related business, and that we have the communities backing on this “move”.

Transparently,

The Mt.Gox Team.

Please follow this link to access to our presentation and/or download the “Transparency” PDF file Mt.Gox overview: January 2012
Pages:
Jump to: