Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Multicurrencies | Test Net Live | Unmoderated - page 8. (Read 19072 times)

Activity: 171
Merit: 100
your web site (http://www.breakoutcoin.com) not working
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
how to mine this coin?
only POS?

BreakoutCoin is only PoS. It can be purchased through an ICO coming soon. However, execution of the ICO is not my purview.

just all used to see at least a small activity of the dev in the thread

If you want activity, just ask questions relating to the technology. I'll provide a full whitepaper within about two weeks. It will have technical details about implementation and design rationale.

There will probably be more activity here when the source is released in a couple of months.

WHOA, hold on a second!!!!  Are you officially working with the Breakout Gaming guys?  Like, you are working on the coin while they work on the platform?

That would be fucking amazing as I wrote off my ICO investment as a lost cause.

As BreakoutCoin said, this is all true. You can download the client and request testnet coins to see that the coin is fully functional and only awaits launch for release of the source code.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1000
how to mine this coin?
only POS?
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
WHOA, hold on a second!!!!  Are you officially working with the Breakout Gaming guys?  Like, you are working on the coin while they work on the platform?

Yes it's true.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
WHOA, hold on a second!!!!  Are you officially working with the Breakout Gaming guys?  Like, you are working on the coin while they work on the platform?

legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035
just all used to see at least a small activity of the dev in the thread
no new posts and news for 4 days
is it joke ?

No it's not a joke. This is a multicurrency platform using the bitcoin-style block chain. The first coin utilizing it the multicurrency platform is BreakoutCoin. If you download a wallet and receive coins, those will be testnet coins for Breakoutcoin. Please read the OP or ask specific question for details.

I will not provide steady updates here. It may be 4 days or 4 months between updates.

launch date please!?

The launch is up to the BreakoutCoin company and live operations at BreakoutGaming, which will use BreakoutCoin, which itself represents only the first use case. Release of the source awaits launch of BreakoutCoin. The platform will be fully open sourced and improved over time.

Please see the OP for information to contact BreakoutCoin.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
is it joke ?

Yep, it's a joke.  The joke is on you for being so damn impatient.  Do you think everything happens overnight?
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1000
launch date please!?
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035
is it joke ?

please check the node ,maybe tor 's issue ,it can not be connect .

If tor is blocked for you it won't be able to connect. Sometimes if you wait an hour or two it can get a connection. After that, the connection is cached in the tor folder and you will connect very quickly.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0

please check the node ,maybe tor 's issue ,it can not be connect .
idea s great,and what s devs plan of this.?

Multicurrencies will be developed as a platform, not as any one specific coin. The intent is that it can be forked at any stage of development to serve as a tool for asset tracking and to use currency interrelationships to serve as metaphors for relationships between real-world assets.
Before testing anything I would like to see a whitepaper although this looks nice to try

The whitepaper is public: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/multicurrencies-1170055

I'm happy to answer any questions about the implementation.

I would release the source but it was written under contract with BreakoutCoin. It will be open source when BreakoutCoin is released.

Sandbox environments are available, like Sandboxie.

what are the plans to mainnet launch ?

Main net will launch with BreakoutCoin. Unfortunately it is not up to me to say when.

Hm. Won't this then open up another another large privacy-leaking surface on the blockchain? In which case, I wonder if it might have just abstracted the privacy problem to another level instead of fixing it. Whitepaper for this?

No privacy layer is in the current protocol. The current version has the same privacy characteristics as bitcoin itself.

I have mostly released these executables to demonstrate that the first version of the multicurrency platform (MC 1.0) is complete and working and also to solicit testers.

As has been observed, downloading executables and running them on a vulnerable machine is not recommended. Please use a sandbox environment. Testing is appreciated.

Congratulations.  I hope people understand the implications of the tech here.

What are the implications of this tech?

First, this is the first decentralized asset where the principal is separable from it's interest earning potential. Moreover, the interest earning potential is transferable, allowing markets to exist for both.

This separability enables several use cases as follows (taken from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/multicurrencies-1170055):

Use Cases

Arbitrary many-to-one staking relationships give multicurrencies several use cases that will be detailed here in the coming weeks. One of these use cases serves as the impetus for creating multicurrencies. These use cases vary slightly from those of colored coins or NXT/Counterparty type assets. Briefly, these multicurrency use cases include but are not limited to:

• ICOs that can offer a staking currency for sale while reserving the full initial amount of the working currency for business purposes.
  • Coins that have a non-anonymous currency that mints a currency that can only be spent with anonymous transactions.
  • Incentive/collectible coins that can stake at very high rates. These coins can be limited in number, atomic (as described below), and only activate after a given time.
  • Coins that can be offered by ICO with zero inflation and therefore do not need to be staked to keep up with the money supply.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Congratulations.  I hope people understand the implications of the tech here.

idea s great,and what s devs plan of this.?
Activity: 744
Congratulations.  I hope people understand the implications of the tech here.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
With no white paper or source code - I would be very wary of downloading this software, let alone using it.
Activity: 770
Before testing anything I would like to see a whitepaper although this looks nice to try
Pages:
Jump to: