Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 242. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Daily Facebook Advertisement Update. Phase II has started.  We have had 262 Website clicks and 74,273 impressions!

PLEASE NOTE: The donation period is now over.

Thanks, HCP

---------------------
I will be leaving to go on holidays on Thursday July 16,  I will let the campaign run in the meantime, however i wont be able to give daily updates.
I will give full updates as soon as i get back on July 26
------------------------
Activity: 210
When can we expect the PoS transition? It's been over 10 days since the code was finished, does it need more testing?

As a PC gamer I learned years ago that "when it is done" is a perfectly reasonable answer.

WE Personally I would prefer a date/schedules. This is not a game.

This is not a game.  This is money.
Projections, Targets  = parameters of building trust

So just repost what is known to damper the FUD

PoS Update

We are in the process of making sure the code is stable, we do not want to release anything that is unstable or not secure.  I apologize for the long delay, but implementing PoS into an existing PoW chain is quite complicated.

I will give a loose date of Thursday for the code to be complete and beta testing to begin. I will also send the code to Julian to have it audited.

Thanks for sticking with NAUT and I hope to surprise everyone on time!!!

-BK

Thursday 17 July (loose)

If I could give exact date/time I would, but if we miss that date/time then trust is lost.  I want this change to happen as much as anyone else as it has consumed WAY more of my TIME than I can afford to give!
-BK
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
When can we expect the PoS transition? It's been over 10 days since the code was finished, does it need more testing?

As a PC gamer I learned years ago that "when it is done" is a perfectly reasonable answer.

WE Personally I would prefer a date/schedules. This is not a game.

This is not a game.  This is money.
Projections, Targets  = parameters of building trust

So just repost what is known to damper the FUD

PoS Update

We are in the process of making sure the code is stable, we do not want to release anything that is unstable or not secure.  I apologize for the long delay, but implementing PoS into an existing PoW chain is quite complicated.

I will give a loose date of Thursday for the code to be complete and beta testing to begin. I will also send the code to Julian to have it audited.

Thanks for sticking with NAUT and I hope to surprise everyone on time!!!

-BK

Thursday 17 July (loose)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
Nobody's parking btc on mintpal by the look of things and volume's up on cryptsy.

If beta testing starts Thursday mintpal might have restored confidence by then.

Here's a better chart for cryptsy in the meantime

https://cryptrader.com/charts/cryptsy/naut/btc
Activity: 534

Because oh so very often has there been a rushed game release that was broken and ultimately caused the game, even majorly anticipated ones, to fail.

Ultimately, I consider all open source or freely developed or distributed software with this same attitude.

I would rather it take longer and completely work. Than be pushed out,  cause problems and cause the coin to fail.

I am a programmer myself and have this attitude. I don't give quotes saying I will have it done in exactly 30 hours.  No,  I say that I can estimate about 30 hours worth of work. But there could be more.

Personally I would prefer a date/schedules. This is not a game.

Activity: 238

Because oh so very often has there been a rushed game release that was broken and ultimately caused the game, even majorly anticipated ones, to fail.

Ultimately, I consider all open source or freely developed or distributed software with this same attitude.

I would rather it take longer and completely work. Than be pushed out,  cause problems and cause the coin to fail.

I am a programmer myself and have this attitude. I don't give quotes saying I will have it done in exactly 30 hours.  No,  I say that I can estimate about 30 hours worth of work. But there could be more.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Activity: 238
ROADMAP ?

I am trying to evaluate my NAUT investment. Essential to know this week's, and this month's, and this summer's plans.
As it is difficult to nail down specific dates, it could also be like "probably end of July", or "late next week"; or give dates, with a lot of buffer time.

Is there a roadmap, a list of dates?
Planned announcements, whitepapers, next versions, coin features, merchant adoption, conference talks, press conferences, google hangouts, games, competitions, etc. pp. ?

Thank you very much!

(EDITED: more ideas)

Absolutely!  BK is a busy guy and there's a lot to do. Cryptoworld moves fast. We should collate ideas, pool our skills/resources (under a project manager) and set bounties  for a range of things naut related.

Is BK taking care of the multipool or should we start making arrangements now? Who owns http://nautpool.com/ ?

Not sure.

Don't forget to donate to the Facebook advertisement campaign (by hardcoreprime a.k.a. hcp)
NftgUJjAWDcbCHNpEQD2ASGG5PhP36yVuk

Don't forget to vote
http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade.html
https://bter.com/voting
https://hitbtc.com/vote
https://www.swaphole.com/#!voting
http://www.betbycoin.com/coinvotes/
ROADMAP ?

I am trying to evaluate my NAUT investment. Essential to know this week's, and this month's, and this summer's plans.
As it is difficult to nail down specific dates, it could also be like "probably end of July", or "late next week"; or give dates, with a lot of buffer time.

Planned announcements, whitepapers, next versions, coin features, merchant adoption, conference talks, press conferences, google hangouts, games, competitions, etc. pp. ?

Thank you very much!

Absolutely!  BK is a busy guy and there's a lot to do. Cryptoworld moves fast. We should collate ideas, pool our skills/resources (under a project manager) and set bounties  for a range of things naut related.

Is BK taking care of the multipool or should we start making arrangements now? Who owns http://nautpool.com/ ?
ROADMAP ?

Thank you very much!

Hello.

My name is Will and I'm a musician/youtube content creator (http://youtube.com/luckycriminalmusic) and a NautilusCoin enthusiast.

Wanted to introduce myself to the community as I have just created youtube.com/nautiluscoin and will be making some videos including step by step procedures regarding: Getting, Keeping and Using NautilusCoin. What is NautilusCoin? NAUT News - maybe?

As soon as POS is implemented I would like to get to it, and my current schedule should allow me to put the required hours in.

I also have a close friend who is a graphic designer/animator (http://www.brainfingermedia.com/) so we're covered visually as well.

While we await POS I would like to share this song/video: http://youtu.be/GyeEkVN68yY as I feel it expresses the current sentiments of the NautilusCoin/cryptocurrency community.

Thank you

- Will

I am just going to repost this, as I think it might have been overlooked a bit during the sell wall and vrc discussions. Just my opinion, but I think what he does is really good. Can only help to have him on board.

Nice one. Yeah! I had a listen to the tune and it's pretty good actually and has a well produced video.

Some Nautilus videos would be amazing Smiley   Would be great if we had something professional like the video at weusecoins.com but that shows how staking/minting works and what the NSF is etc.

Activity: 398
Merit: 250
Hello.

My name is Will and I'm a musician/youtube content creator (http://youtube.com/luckycriminalmusic) and a NautilusCoin enthusiast.

Wanted to introduce myself to the community as I have just created youtube.com/nautiluscoin and will be making some videos including step by step procedures regarding: Getting, Keeping and Using NautilusCoin. What is NautilusCoin? NAUT News - maybe?

As soon as POS is implemented I would like to get to it, and my current schedule should allow me to put the required hours in.

I also have a close friend who is a graphic designer/animator (http://www.brainfingermedia.com/) so we're covered visually as well.

While we await POS I would like to share this song/video: http://youtu.be/GyeEkVN68yY as I feel it expresses the current sentiments of the NautilusCoin/cryptocurrency community.

Thank you

- Will

I am just going to repost this, as I think it might have been overlooked a bit during the sell wall and vrc discussions. Just my opinion, but I think what he does is really good. Can only help to have him on board.
I am not sure if a no-rollback code (NRC) can be implemented...but it seems to me, even with that type of code a 51% can still occur.

The real problem that digital assets need to solve is how to eliminate the 51% attack Achilles heal. Satoshi may have solved the Byzantine Generals Problem, but he/she/they did so by imposing certain assumptions - the biggest being that one entity could not control the network.  

As I see it, the infrastructure of NAUT should be built on these items:

1.) The blockchain is sacred - it should never be changed.

Ideally this needs to be dealt with at a coding level.  Personally I'll take your word that you wont change the blockchain but we'd be missing the point of crypto and the reason it's valuable.   If there was some mechanism that could prevent rollbacks of the chain, e.g. real world time & date stamping of blocks and then verification to stop any kind of chain rewinding/duplication.

Perhaps a separate linked & synced sub chain used purely for validating dates in the primary chain.  Not sure where I'm going with this just throwing it out there..  feel free to crush this idea with a dose of hard reality Smiley

2.) Compete with Economics - technical innovations can always be added, but human behavior rarely changes

I agree.  technical innovations aren't necessarily a magic bullet.  I like what doging is saying about NSF/premium bonds or other rewards for coin holders based on performance.  We know most people like financial incentives for doing jack -that behaviour doesn't appear to be changing.

3.) Reduce single points of failure as much as technically possible, i.e., decentralize, decentralize, decentralize

So far we've seen more things go wrong as a result of exchange screw ups than coin architecture.  IMO what the VRC devs did yesterday was a bad move and will kill their coin and others, but ultimately a good one for crypto in the long term as the code can evolve.     I think I'll give satoshi a quick call and ask him what he thinks about decentralisation  Wink

You just mean change the blockchain as in rollback? Not sure that code would work for that because the dev could just remove that code when he decides that a rollback is needed. The real defense against it would be users use the open source code to make a new wallet supported by a different dev and the majority support that version.

good point. voting for updated wallet code could work.   I think code auditing by multiple parties will probably be a requirement soon.

glad NAUT is having this done by a respected third party.

Activity: 540
I am not sure if a no-rollback code (NRC) can be implemented...but it seems to me, even with that type of code a 51% can still occur.

The real problem that digital assets need to solve is how to eliminate the 51% attack Achilles heal. Satoshi may have solved the Byzantine Generals Problem, but he/she/they did so by imposing certain assumptions - the biggest being that one entity could not control the network.  

Ideally this needs to be dealt with at a coding level.  Personally I'll take your word that you wont change the blockchain but we'd be missing the point of crypto and the reason it's valuable.   If there was some mechanism that could prevent rollbacks of the chain, e.g. real world time & date stamping of blocks and then verification to stop any kind of chain rewinding/duplication.

Perhaps a separate linked & synced sub chain used purely for validating dates in the primary chain.  Not sure where I'm going with this just throwing it out there..  feel free to crush this idea with a dose of hard reality Smiley

2.) Compete with Economics - technical innovations can always be added, but human behavior rarely changes

I agree.  technical innovations aren't necessarily a magic bullet.  I like what doging is saying about NSF/premium bonds or other rewards for coin holders based on performance.  We know most people like financial incentives for doing jack -that behaviour doesn't appear to be changing.

3.) Reduce single points of failure as much as technically possible, i.e., decentralize, decentralize, decentralize

So far we've seen more things go wrong as a result of exchange screw ups than coin architecture.  IMO what the VRC devs did yesterday was a bad move and will kill their coin and others, but ultimately a good one for crypto in the long term as the code can evolve.     I think I'll give satoshi a quick call and ask him what he thinks about decentralisation  Wink

You just mean change the blockchain as in rollback? Not sure that code would work for that because the dev could just remove that code when he decides that a rollback is needed. The real defense against it would be users use the open source code to make a new wallet supported by a different dev and the majority support that version.
Activity: 204
It's about PoS coins, so you thought wrong. You need 51% of network weight. So it's not 51% of all coins and not 51% of staking coins. Coin maturity also needs to be factored in the equation depending on what is maximum coin age. In general it's not a good idea to have a very big maximum coin age as that would in theory allow a person to get 51% of the weight with a very small percentage of coins if that person had the coins in the wallet for a very long time.

There is a worldwide shortage of swedish girls and we just acquired one.  Exciting times.

Welcome to the nautilus thread!

Activity: 154
I am trying to evaluate my NAUT investment. For that it is essential to know this week's, and this month's plans.

Announcements planned, whitepapers, additional coin features, merchant adoption, conference talks, etc. pp. ?

Thank you very much!

Yes, this would be greatly appreciated! Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile
ROADMAP ?

Thank you very much!

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

I mentioned a premium bond type incentive earlier, it's basically a lottery type payout. If the NSF or multipool become highly profitable perhaps sufficient funds can be allocated for payouts. It also might encourage people with significant holdings to keep their coins off the exchange if chances are tied in to stake size.
This is a great idea! Something in the line of one wallet that has staked over x amount of time has a chance of winning 10k Naut every month? Or maybe even a % of its holdings up to a certain amount, to avoid people just creating hundreds of wallets to increase their chance of winning?

Maybe the pot size can depend on supply/demand too, almost a manual way of adjusting stake reward. If the price is down we could buy more coins off the exchange and provide an extra incentive to hold.

Would this not require the multi-pool to charge a fee? (If this fee does go into a periodic lottery system weighted by mining time I would have no qualms with this).

Also, this Mintpal/Vericoin fiasco reminds me of AGX's response actions: "Shut down the whole damn thing to keep it from continuing and fix the bug"... it's actually looking to be the best course of action any exchange has taken in response to something like this so far (in my opinion). I know some people lost on being able to buy/sell certain coins because of it, but looking back, it was a solid response.

Don't forget to donate to the Facebook advertisement campaign (by hardcoreprime a.k.a. hcp)
NftgUJjAWDcbCHNpEQD2ASGG5PhP36yVuk

Don't forget to vote
http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade.html
https://bter.com/voting
https://hitbtc.com/vote
https://www.swaphole.com/#!voting
http://www.betbycoin.com/coinvotes/

The shutting down was a good response, however asking for a roll-back to VRC is one of the worst...IMHO

I mentioned a premium bond type incentive earlier, it's basically a lottery type payout. If the NSF or multipool become highly profitable perhaps sufficient funds can be allocated for payouts. It also might encourage people with significant holdings to keep their coins off the exchange if chances are tied in to stake size.
This is a great idea! Something in the line of one wallet that has staked over x amount of time has a chance of winning 10k Naut every month? Or maybe even a % of its holdings up to a certain amount, to avoid people just creating hundreds of wallets to increase their chance of winning?

Maybe the pot size can depend on supply/demand too, almost a manual way of adjusting stake reward. If the price is down we could buy more coins off the exchange and provide an extra incentive to hold.

Would this not require the multi-pool to charge a fee? (If this fee does go into a periodic lottery system weighted by mining time I would have no qualms with this).

Also, this Mintpal/Vericoin fiasco reminds me of AGX's response actions: "Shut down the whole damn thing to keep it from continuing and fix the bug"... it's actually looking to be the best course of action any exchange has taken in response to something like this so far (in my opinion). I know some people lost on being able to buy/sell certain coins because of it, but looking back, it was a solid response.

I guess it would require a fee but I'd be fine with that. Just withdrew everything from mintpal, if they're solvent after this I'll be back.
Jump to: